5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

He's been fine as usual. The problem is that he's very rarely better than fine. Don't understand why he's starting to many games when we have an infinitely more talented player like Martial on the bench.

That one run was really good, though.

AndyJ1985

Neither of our attacking players have been anywhere close to having a decent first half.
Quite right, and neither has Lingard, which is why our attack is the pits. The lot of them need to improve considerably if we want to get out of this rut of fighting for 4th.

Duafc

Village Lemon
He's been fine as usual. The problem is that he's very rarely better than fine. Don't understand why he's starting to many games when we have an infinitely more talented player like Martial on the bench.

That one run was really good, though.
Martial hasn't offered anything better than Lingards last 3 games for months.

I get he has sky high potential, but how often does he have to be so totally abject before people realise he does deserve to displace other more consistent players.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
One decent run and shot the rest of the time runs about like a shite full back

Shamshi

Played absolutely brilliant. I am glad we gave him that contract, have a feeling Barca or Real will be wanting him real soon.

:D For their under 10s!

Man-United

Nice gesture to give away his shirt to a fan rather than a Sunderland player. That's why I like players like him and Ashley Young for example. Really cares about the fans.

Walters_19_MuFc

Made a few runs when he received the ball in between the lines, but need to see him doing it a lot more because he is capable of it. That run and shot was a great bit of play by Jesse.

flappyjay

I like that he is getting better at dribbling through the middle almost the way Mkhitaryan does.

shield

Think he was the best player today (along with Zlatan of course). Lots of energy, very good movement, good game intelligence. A throwback to old Fergusson time players when all players seemed to know exactly what to do irrespective of their skill. Like, while watching him in a match, my mind somehow relaxes when the ball comes to him because he usually makes the right decisions and the move never falls apart.

I find it strange to say this, but with Mata out and Mikhi going through a lean patch, I think most of our creative responsibility now rests on his and Zlatan's shoulders.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like that he is getting better at dribbling through the middle almost the way Mkhitaryan does.
Agreed, he's much better through the middle. The worrying thing is when he plays on the right he naturally tucks in.

With mkhi doing that too our attack becomes so narrow! They almost get i each others way.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Started the game well and was our best player for the first 30 minutes but then was less involved and less effective after that. That's often the case with him, he rarely plays to the same standard for a whole game. Maybe it's a case of high intensity and getting too tired too quickly?

JoaquinJoaquin

I think anyone who just labels him a squad player are incorrect now as he seems to be more of a starter. And if he is to be a starter he needs to impact games more. He started well and had a good opening half hour where his control was good, he was actively wanting the ball and made runs. Problem was the other 60 minutes in which he fizzled out. Something that seems to happen in about 85% of the games he plays.

Stringer

The same one you did. He was the only player who tested the keeper in the first half. Twice. He wasn't sloppy like IBRA and Mkhitaryan in possession either
Did you miss Ibrahimovic scoring or something?

facund

I think anyone who just labels him a squad player are incorrect now as he seems to be more of a starter.
He is starting a run of games because Mata is injured and Martial, Rashford and Mhiki have been quite underwhelming over the last month. Lingard, although limited, actually put in a performance or two and displayed a determination and energy the others generally didn't, even when he might not have had a particularly good game.

It is Jose being pragmatic and making players earn a starting spot. Jesse has done just enough to do that recently (relative to his competition) and that is exactly what a squad player should do. Keep the "starters" on their toes and do his best to fill the void when they are unavailable or off form. If Martial shows a bit of consistency while Rashford and Mhiki build on today's goals, Jesse will be edged out to the periphery again (he'll probably stay in the mix because the aforementioned players have struggled all season to consistently show they deserve it more and sadly I see that continuing).

Does that make him a starter? Well technically but more due to the failings of others than anything else. I don't think it is Jose making a statement that he'll be a fixture in the side going forward.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't know what I'm watching compared to everyone else but I think Lingard is stone average at best.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Always tidy, very good movement, increasing goal threat. Seems to me to be getting better and better.

Not a world beater but deserving of everything he has achieved and I wouldn't be surprised if he kicked on even further.

Also a great personality.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's everywhere, but in negative way. Even by watching him, I don't know what his role is. He's taking everyone's position and confused everyone on the way.

He always put this annoying hand gesture, asking for the ball; then whet he got it, passed it to the nearest player without offered any value on the ball position.

Good gesture with that fan though. And he's impersonating Balotelli to Mykhi was his best contribution :lol:

JoaquinJoaquin

Another Lingard 5/10 special. I'll give him a bit of a break here as he has played much better in the last few games but he really needs to sort out these consistency issues, as they are a very big problem with this guy.

JoaquinJoaquin

Has anyone been particularly good ? A pretty mediocre performance across the board.
Pogba. Carrick. Rashford. Rojo. Valencia. Bailly have been very good.

Darmian and Mkhitaryan have been OK to. Better than Lingard was if that's what your trying to say.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pogba. Carrick. Rashford. Rojo. Valencia. Bailly have been very good.

Darmian and Mkhitaryan have been OK to. Better than Lingard was if that's what your trying to say.
Too bad it hasn't amounted to much. We have been pretty dire in terms of team play. Fortunately, Anderlecht were even worse in the first half.

JoaquinJoaquin

Too bad it hasn't amounted to much. We have been pretty dire in terms of team play. Fortunately, Anderlecht were even worse in the first half.
Well yeah it has but isn't that the story of the season though.

For an away European tie, I think this has been a good performance overall. Admittedly Anderlecht aren't a great side though.

luke511

You've just said it yourself, Anderlecht have been shite and Lingard still manages to hide.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You've just said it yourself, Anderlecht have been shite and Lingard still manages to hide.
Its not on Lingard, its an overall mediocre team performance. Having a god at Lingard is just a predictable excuse to obfuscate from overall poor team play.

JoaquinJoaquin

Its not on Lingard, its an overall mediocre team performance. Having a god at Lingard is just a predictable excuse to obfuscate from overall poor team play.
Why can't you ever just admit when Lingard has a bad game and accept it for that? Always someone else's fault.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why can't you ever just admit when Lingard has a bad game and accept it for that? Always someone else's fault.
I never said he had a good game. I just contextualized the fact that we have been poor overall and having a go at Lingard misses the broader point.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
So that's three out of 11.
No. Whole back 4 was good. Romero hasn't had anything to do so he he shouldn't count. Zlatan was fine, Lingard was fine, Mkhi was trying and did a lot of good things (including scoring a goal). Though the starting lineup did well but the subs ruined it.

Status
Not open for further replies.