5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AXVnee7

Maybe it's just me, I thought he's been OK. Making some very good runs, and was very unlucky not to score. Some of his passes have been off though.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Really poor player. The only decent thing he did was the header and you could argue he should have headed that down. I don't understand how he's starting.

JoaquinJoaquin

Maybe it's just me, I thought he's been OK. Making some very good runs, and was very unlucky not to score. Some of his passes have been off though.
Nah he wasn't. He was very average which is exactly what Lingard is. We will continue to be out of the top 4 while the likes of him start. Simple as.

Ash_G

He's a good squad player to have, works hard and capable of the spectacular but he's too much of a player that plays well when the team plays well and he doesn't have enough individual creativity on a consistent basis. The problems worse because at the moment we're getting little from our wide players as Rashford can't consistently beat players/cross well either.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Average Lingard starts, average Lingard plays shit. Average Lingard as usual.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
just no point to him. People can talk about the fact he makes clever runs or whatever, but that should be the absolute minimum requirement. He has no quality on the ball whatsoever and for an "intelligent" player, fecks up so many simple passes.

Shamshi

Serious question, would Lingard make the bench in any of the top 4 four teams in England (besides us), Spain, Italy or Germany let alone starting 11?

ReDDHDevilS

Needs to up his game, it's just simply not good enough. With Martial and Mkhi out injured and Depay being frozen out, he should have been making the most of the opportunities he's getting.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Standard Lingard game as always. Doesn't do much that couldn't be replicated by most others. Mind-boggling that we have someone who was world class last season playing the same role he is being asked (just to a standard that Lingard couldn't dream of) yet he can't even get a look in.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some people are overly protective of him.
I'm not going to say he's shite or anything cause he's not.
But the fact remains, a player of his quality shouldn't be a starting XI player. Simple as and it's not his fault.

Jig1234

Always thought this lad was average and nothing he does will convince me otherwise.

Looks like a no.10 playing as a winger.

I know he came through the ranks but still looks like a squad player. Shouldn't really be starting as much as he does.

JoaquinJoaquin

Needs to up his game, it's just simply not good enough. With Martial and Mkhi out injured and Depay being frozen out, he should have been making the most of the opportunities he's getting.
He can't up his game though when he is so limited technically. The problem with having people like Lingard in the side is that they are so limited, and therefore when you start those kind of players we cannot complain when we are nowhere near the top of the league. This guy was playing his 50th game for the club today, crazy.

So the lynch mob is out.
Did he create a single chance today when we had so much ball? Does he ever consistantly create?

He'd look shite at Sunderland, he's just lucky that he's surrounded by top players here so looks ok sometimes.

A nothing player & along with Fellaini sums up the United of the past few seasons. Wouldn't get games for City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to do more in games like this, he tends to fade out the play. He's good at finding space and making runs but he didn't do that today.

Considering how we're playing and the fact we need players who score, we need someone better. He's a good player to have around though

LR7

I thought he was really good today. Involved in some of our best passages of play.

JoaquinJoaquin

So the lynch mob is out.
No lynch mob here, we all want our players to do well. But we sometimes have to call it as we see it, and Lingard turns in far too many average performances to be anywhere near good enough to start at this club. He wouldn't get into any other top club around Europe. In fact, I would argue he wouldn't even be the standout player in most lower Premier League teams.

devips

Did he create a single chance today when we had so much ball? Does he ever consistantly create?

He'd look shite at Sunderland, he's just lucky that he's surrounded by top players here so looks ok sometimes.

A nothing player & along with Fellaini sums up the United of the past few seasons. Wouldn't get games for City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea.
Did you even watch the match?

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
No lynch mob here, we all want our players to do well. But we sometimes have to call it as we see it, and Lingard turns in far too many average performances to be anywhere near good enough to start at this club. He wouldn't get into any other top club around Europe. In fact, I would argue he wouldn't even be the standout player in most lower Premier League teams.
Exactly he should be playing in the championship. Sadly Jose thinks he needs to give him a chance due to the critism of him not giving younger players a chance.

Classical Mechanic

I like Jesse, he won the FA Cup for us after all and is homegrown but he isn't up to the level of starting for us all the time. We need better quality in those positions.

Giggsforever

I was screaming at the tv for his performance today. We had some coaches in studio today and they used the half time to show how incredible poor he was, they pretty much came to the conclusion he was more use for Burnley than us.

I can't think of many players the last 30 years that has been as poor as him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Most average footballer ever. The fact he starts we every game really shows the lack of quality we have in wide areas. Needs addressed urgently
No we don't lack quality in wide areas, they're just not being played.

Miki and Martial would provide us with end product and that final ball from the flanks while Lingard and Rashford would ran, show pace, get themselves in good positions but fail to deliver a good cross or pass because they lack that quality.

Miki and Martial would deliver those much needed and most important qualities from the wings.

Last year when Martial beat his man, he'd often end up delivering an assist or a quality/dangerous ball into the box while Rashford beat his man but fail St the most important thing which is to deliver that ball in dangerous area or his team mates.

Same with Lingard, got good movements, pace to find himself in dangerous area but lack the quality to deliver that final ball.

We shouldn't be playing with Rashford and Lingard as our wide players, they lack that final ball quality which is the most important thing expected from your wingers

izec

Does enough to be around the squad, but ultimately lacks the quality. He shouldnt be good enough to start every game for us, but he does.

His passing is atrocious though, especially his weight of pass. He is useless as a creative outlet.

VanGaalEra

He gets a lot of unwarranted hate, he's a good squad option to have and will always put in a shift.

But he should not be starting football matches at Manchester United ahead of Martial or Mkhitaryan. They're both a couple of levels above him and he should be used for squad depth and cup matches only.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Lingard is only playing because he's English and from our club.

We treated Welbeck badly when he was with us, but Welbz is 10 times better than him.

Lingard is a very clever player, but he's not a good footballer. He's better without the ball. He can't cross, can't shot, can't pass. What the hell is he doing on PL ?

The truth is that he deserves to be in an 8th position's team.

We play with a lot of average player in this team, so that's normal we're average.

Chitteh has De Bruyne and Sterling , Arsenal Sanchez and Ozil, Chelsea Hazard and Pedro, Pool Coutinho, and we have Lingard.

I'm not to hard on him, is not good enough, and it's a mystery why he still plays ahead of Young or Mkhitaryan.

We keep producing average players and he won't be even on the Barca, Bayern or Real's reserve team

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's just not good enough and constantly out of position. He doesnt know his role or position and to be a free roamer, well, he is just not good enough. There is no way he should start games for us

JoaquinJoaquin

He's just not good enough and constantly out of position. He doesnt know his role or position and to be a free roamer, well, he is just not good enough. There is no way he should start games for us
Exactly. Would he even stand out for a team like Birmingham in the Championship? I'm not convinved he would.

Nickosaur

I think he's been good this season. Really like the guy. No, when everyone's fit he won't be a starter. But he will remain a key player of our squad for years IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.