5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayonnaise

I feel real bad for Martial great player but at this point I don't think anything he does will get him into the first team, if lingard first choice we really need to get a winger this window.

Djemba-Djemba

It gets to the point where I blame Jose now.

Lingard offers nothing, will do nothing and get subbed off. That's just what he does.

What does Jose expect?

SirScholes

I'm beginning to feel pity for him because he just isn't good enough and Jose keeps playing him.

I don't see it, I'd be embarrassed

Devil may care

He just doesn't offer enough for a key attacking role, I don't care how much tracking back he does.

Shady

Starting him over Martial and Rashford is everything wrong with Mourinho summed up in one decision.

Kostov

You lot don't understand football. He's got such a great movement and runs a lot. If we could also get him playing some proper football it would be great too.... and he's only a young lad :houllier:

Acole9

Outstanding
He should never have started this match. Rashford and Martial are way ahead of him.

stevoc

God love Jesse he's a trier but playing Lingard as one of your front 3 against a team like Real is like bringing a dildo to a gun fight.

Sylar

TBF, I like Lingard as a squad player. But he shouldnt be starting games like this.
If Martial had put in a performance like that, I dont think we would be seeing him for a month or two.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It gets to the point where I blame Jose now.

Lingard offers nothing, will do nothing and get subbed off. That's just what he does.

What does Jose expect?
It's all on Jose, he's the one picking line ups.

He's started Lingard many times and for about 80% of those games he's had to sub him off around the hour mark. I mean what more does he needs before he sees how pointless some of his picks in the starting line ups are.

Jose is simply thick.

NoPace

Seems pretty clear we'd have been smart to sell him to a mid-table Prem side for 15-20M and using the cash to buy a decent, young attacking LB/LWB as Shaw insurance, like Dalbert or Wendell, since they could start as LB when we play 4 at the back (or even platoon with Darmian if Mourinho wants a defensive option to show wingers on their wrong foot cutting in, as he seems to like, like with Azpilicueta and Gallas when he was at Chelsea) or as LWB when we play 3 at the back.

Kolasinac on a free does look like a miss, as he would have given us someone to battle with Shaw, though he might have preferred to go to Arsenal, who only have Monreal and Gibbs there and so a starting spot is really quite open.

Gbenger

Another amazing game. His movement was perfect. And the way how he opens space. And his runing... Wow. I hope that we have min release clause for him because psg will come.
feck me , i can't believe that he plays in man utd. In first 11. I just can't.....
He is just a survivor. He is shit, he will play next few games like shit, then he will score a goal in some big match which will buy him next few games. And like that whole season.
:lol:

Poor lingard. It's not on him. It's Mourinho's fault for starting him.

Frank Grimes

Really beginning to suspect that his constant inclusion in our team is some 'Jesse must play' clause In Pogba's contract. Not even LVG trusted Lingard to the extent that Mourinho does, proper weird.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Maybe that was a clause in Pogba's contract, that his mate has to play as much as possible... Really don't understand it anymore with Lingard, it's reached a point where french commentators were praising just because he was a starter for Man Utd.

barmyarmy

He was playing as a LWB yet never took his man on and beat him hardly delivers a cross other than one for zlatan goal in whole of last season. Give Mitchell chance in same position he can't do any worse than him and is better than lingard in defending even Darmian can do a much better job than him.

Red_toad

I blame Jose too. He's got his favorites, and Jesse is one of them. Did feckall tonight.
I blame Jose for playing him in a role he has probably never performed to any decent standard, play him right or more central or not as all for me. We have better players who are far more able to play on the left.

stygg

The ONLY thing he's offering is movement imo. Quite good at tracking back too, but that should of course never get you in a Man United XI.

Easy to forget the fact he's 25 years old as he's always hanging out with the five year younger Rashford. Lingard's no talent anymore, if this is it then he should be sold asap.

Suedesi

The ONLY thing he's offering is movement imo. Quite good at tracking back too, but that should of course never get you in a Man United XI.

Easy to forget the fact he's 25 years old as he's always hanging out with the five year younger Rashford. Lingard's no talent anymore, if this is it then he should be sold asap.
Ouch, had no idea how old he is. He will be 25 in December, always thought he was 20-21.

MadMike

This is not even Lingard's fault. He is a decent squad player with a penchant for the occasional important goal.

We've known his level for a while and we know it is below that required for a stating XI spot. Especially against a team like Real Madrid where even our best players are outmatched.

Mourinho's insistence within him in important matches is the problem. I'm even thinking if this is some form of protest for not signing another winger like Perisic. But then again he did the same last year.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Talentless feck. Shouldn't be in the squad, let alone the first team to face Real Madrid

red4ever 79

Groundhog day. Wasnt good enough last season, wont be good enough this season. Does Pogba have it in his contract that his buddy has to play? Because there is no other reason why. Rashford, Martial, Mata all clearly better

mad1max954

Perhaps jose's thinking was that he doesn't have a decent lwb and lingard has pace enough to support and track back..??

honestly though, I'm clutching at straws. lingard literally offers absolutely nothing to this team. He might be good for squad moral and keeping around for the league cup,but that would of been as a 20k a week backup.

Now he is on 100k (30k less than Kane!!) so we won't even be able to sell him either. Madness.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Can't really expect to reach the level of the top European team when the likes of Lingard are starters. He doesn't offer anything in attack and even his defensive contributions are vastly overrated.

It was fecking obvious his inclusion against Real Madrid would be a disaster. Mourinho realized his mistake by subbing him off at half time, but we had already pissed away 45 minutes.

Ephrem

Lingard is rightly getting all this shit but still people believe he is on 100k . Get a grip fellas !

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Unfortunately, we saw his level yesterday. He's just not good enough and there is no way he'd be at United if he was not an Academy product. To start him over Martial or Rashford was a huge mistake and he can be a squad player who comes on after 75mins, that's it.

I always wonder when I see people rating him so highly. His movement brings feck all if he cant make a positive contribution WITH the ball. Just look at his stats - shocking!

Kant-ona

Real - United 2:1

Is he something like a cousin or illegitimate son of the coach? Still think that he can be nice player, a squad player, but a starter against Real? I don't see that he is good enough for that. Not now at least. Maybe never.

He is 24 years old, right? Sometimes we talk about him like he is 16.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He should never have started this match. Rashford and Martial are way ahead of him.
Mou expected Real to play Ronaldo. You don't put Martial to double mark the best player in the world. The Frenchman has yet to comprehend the concept of backtracking.

I see Lingard in the same way as I see Fellaini. They are a consequence of a squad which has serious deficiences. Hopefully we will outgrow them both next season.

fallengt

He's our Oscar.
Midtable player but Mourinho keep playing him over "De Bruyne" because of his "hardworking" attitude.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Mou expected Real to play Ronaldo. You don't put Martial to double mark the best player in the world. The Frenchman has yet to comprehend the concept of backtracking.

I see Lingard in the same way as I see Fellaini. They are a consequence of a squad which has serious deficiences. Hopefully we will outgrow them both next season.
No one expected that. He didn't play a single minute during their pre-season and was never going to start the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.