5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

He's got a decent shot as well. He's shown up for big games. Scored some cracking goals out of nowhere. Granted we'd like to see more of than and less dabbing or whatever it's called.

Maybe there is a lesson in the Tom Cleverly bit. A lot of us felt Cleverly was going to run our midfield for years. We invested a lot in this expectation and then he just sort of fell flat putting it nicely. His potential was never going to meet our expectations of him. I dunno. It's a funny situation and I can see why many are saying this is the year he's got to make his mark as a 1st team player.
Lingard is certainly a better and more useful player than Cleverley was, but expectations of him are much more reasonable: most people, even those who like him, see him as a useful squad player at best. I reckon that means we've learn our lesson a bit.

There's no question he is a player people have an agenda against, though. You can tell because when he does something good or has a strong game, you come on the caf to find more vociferous criticism of him than when he hasn't played. The anti-Lingard parade will very much defend their position against the evidence.

An Irish Red

There's no question he is a player people have an agenda against, though. You can tell because when he does something good or has a strong game, you come on the caf to find more vociferous criticism of him than when he hasn't played. The anti-Lingard parade will very much defend their position against the evidence.
He's poor more often than not so why go over the top with praise when he plays well once every five games? that's what's wrong with our club now. We used to expect players to be play well every game.

Now? if a player 'puts in a shift' and has a good game every once in a while then that's apparently fine. That's Everton standards. David Moyes really did a number on the club and we still haven't recovered.

Brightonian

He's poor more often than not so why go over the top with praise when he plays well once every five games? that's what's wrong with our club now. We used to expect players to be play well every game.

Now? if a player 'puts in a shift' and has a good game every once in a while then that's apparently fine. That's Everton standards. David Moyes really did a number on the club and we still haven't recovered.
Yes, but the criticism of his is always loudest after his strong games, not his poor ones. Speaks of a sort of defensiveness from posters who don't like him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yes, but the criticism of his is always loudest after his strong games, not his poor ones. Speaks of a sort of defensiveness from posters who don't like him.
That might be because of the amount of poor games he has though. If it was the odd game he was poor in, it would probably be alot less. Fact is, no matter how much you sugar coat him he is poor in about 80% of the games he plays. Therfore he is always going to get criticism until he proves people wrong.

No United fan in their right mind wants him to be poor (there's always idiots though who probably do). I would love for him to be good. I WANT him to become a good player I really do. But you have to call it as you see it and unless he improves in about 4-5 major areas, he won't be anything other than average. Should those kind of players be starting in a team hoping to win the league? Simple answer, no they should not.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
With his cleverness and off the ball monement, if this lad put in the hours of shooting practice Yorkie was recommending at half time, Lingard could become a deadly threat.

Bwuk

With his cleverness and off the ball monement, if this lad put in the hours of shooting practice Yorkie was recommending at half time, Lingard could become a deadly threat.
He's always had good movement but terrible end product. That's his problem.

If Lingard had end product he'd be great. He always gets into positions but does nothing with it. He's a proper if but and maybes player.

TehRed

He just needs to work on his end product. My main issue with him has always been the poor decisions or badly executed passes in the final third. He gets into some good positions, he has good pace, and he does sometimes know where the net is. He'd be a much more valuable player to the team if he could do those things more reliably. He's been decent in the pre-season so far, I hope he can keep it up.

Wayne's World

I still and will hate him, he always does this when he has 1-2 half decent games and then he's fecking dire for the next 3-4 months.

Still think we were fecking mad to give him a new contract when we could have got about 30 million for him off West Ham and that

DeOddi

His shots on goal are a lot better when he goes for precision and a more controlled finish. No idea why he goes for "power" so many times, when these kind of shots are basically always all over the shop for him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I still and will hate him, he always does this when he has 1-2 half decent games and then he's fecking dire for the next 3-4 months.

Still think we were fecking mad to give him a new contract when we could have got about 30 million for him off West Ham and that
No.

M Bison

Supports
York City

:lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

You hate him?

There's some odd'ns on here.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's always had good movement but terrible end product. That's his problem.

If Lingard had end product he'd be great. He always gets into positions but does nothing with it. He's a proper if but and maybes player.
He does things well that dont lead to anything productive. And that's the problem. He shows great movement in midfield but in the final third, he is just not good enough. His stat numbers are horrible for an attacking player, there is no other way to put it. It's ok to have him in the squad but if we rely on players like him, there is no way we will challenge for the title

Z_Wolf

Love the guy. Always gives his all and always on the move unlike some media darlings that blow hot and cold. We move the ball better when he plays.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's pretty much made his United career off good pre-season performances, hasn't he?
Hope he steps up this season as another season of being a non scoring or virtually no assist attacking player is not great.

kirk buttercup

Love the guy. Always gives his all and always on the move unlike some media darlings that blow hot and cold. We move the ball better when he plays.
I was actually thinking that last night we lost a bit of our rhythm when he was taken off. I like him , I love his attitude.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ha ha, yeah, I was thinking that after I posted it. One extreme or the other, not much in between.
He definitely attracts extreme opinions! I'm biased because I like the lad. Always enjoy players doing well for us who've been at the club since they were very young. What I like about Jesse as a footballer is that, on his day, he makes things happen. Just needs to make sure that he's on his day more consistently.

MiceOnMeth

He definitely attracts extreme opinions! I'm biased because I like the lad. Always enjoy players doing well for us who've been at the club since they were very young. What I like about Jesse as a footballer is that, on his day, he makes things happen. Just needs to make sure that he's on his day more consistently.
He plays in a position where ultimately he'll be judged on end product and one league goal a season just won't cut it.

AP88

Supports
Man City
This time last season Josh Harrop should have been told match Jesse's headless chicken running around and you can have his minutes instead; he is an infinitely better technical footballer and wouldn't have been so inept with regards to productivity either.

I can only think he's still involved because he's Pogba's bitch.

As pointed out by many, he's only looked good in preseason vs MLS oppo; he really should consider moving out there permanently so he can be a 'star' and keep acting a twat.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This time last season Josh Harrop should have been told match Jesse's headless chicken running around and you can have his minutes instead; he is an infinitely better technical footballer and wouldn't have been so inept with regards to productivity either.

As pointed out by many, he's only looked good in preseason vs MLS oppo; he really should consider moving out there permanently so he can be a 'star' and keep acting a twat.
:rolleyes:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He plays in a position where ultimately he'll be judged on end product and one league goal a season just won't cut it.
He won't be judged on his ability to score goals;he'll be judged by Mourinho on his ability to do a job and at the present time he tracks back, works hard and follows instructions. He won't starting ahead of other individuals but he will have an important role to play as a squad player.

I swear some people think that Jose picks him on a whim

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Definitely does need to score more. The other stuff is good but has to contribute directly and I am sure he knows that. Has the ability though and could still make a big breakthrough.

Can't understand anyone 'hating' him. What for? He always gives his all.

Thisistheone

Attitude, work rate and off the ball movement are all good. Jose clearly likes him.

If only we could combine Lingard and Martial into one, we'd have some player.

Robertd0803

Wow Lingard actually scored a tap in. Makes a change from his normal wonder strike.

Siorac

So, just like every other attacking player in our squad, he'll need to improve on last season's numbers. This is true. Although it's also stating the bleeding obvious...
He had the worst numbers of them all though.

ike

Had an excellent half against Real. Some decent link up play a few shots and a nice tap in. Always delighted to see him do well just to check the reactions on here. :D

Stactix

Only looked good in preseason, d'ya even watch Utd you fecking muppet.

Always one extreme or the other, It's funny the players people don't like or love it's always exggerated. Like Darmian only played well at the start of Van Gaals second season, which is horseshit. Or Januzaq was world class in Moyes season, which again is horseshit.

In my view Jesse is perfect as a squad player, willing to work hard and can put in some great performances from time to time. As a starter, I still think he's a long way off but his work rate / off the ball movement is second to none in this Utd team.

stevoc

Only looked good in preseason, d'ya even watch Utd you fecking muppet.

Always one extreme or the other, It's funny the players people don't like or love it's always exggerated. Like Darmian only played well at the start of Van Gaals second season, which is horseshit. Or Januzaq was world class in Moyes season, which again is horseshit.

In my view Jesse is perfect as a squad player, willing to work hard and can put in some great performances from time to time. As a starter, I still think he's a long way off but his work rate / off the ball movement is second to none in this Utd team.
Nah he also played well in the last few weeks of Mourinhos first season in between those periods though Darmian was horseshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.