Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And yet he has the 2nd best production rate in the squad. Not my fault you can't understand basic stuff.
See this basic stuff you are talking about. How long a period of games are you spreading this “stat” over?
Because Mata going on only yesterdays game is the worlds most prolific striker according to yesterday’s stats.
So get real Lingard being our second most productive player.

Lawman

Why probably? You have no idea, but he's saying things about a player you don't rate that fit your narrative so he's 'probably' a season ticket holder (as if that alone makes him more knowledgeable)

I would rather take someone’s opinion who has watched the event first hand than watched them through the opinion of others like Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday.
Or even on stream as you are limited to what you can see.

rio's upper lip

Unforgivable miss. People mention Smalling, Herrera, Martial et al. -- but if he hits that open net it's game over. Absolutely shocking.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought he played pretty well again, but man that miss just compounds what people say about him.

Better players have missed easier chances but we really needed that goal.

He Martial and Rashford all had their chance to put the game to bet.

Robbie Boy

Howler of a miss. People defending it are going to silly lengths to defend him. Apart from that I thought he was pretty good again.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
See this basic stuff you are talking about. How long a period of games are you spreading this “stat” over?
Because Mata going on only yesterdays game is the worlds most prolific striker according to yesterday’s stats.
The whole season. Sorry another simple concept your brain is incapable of figuring out.

SSSSnake

Unforgivable miss. People mention Smalling, Herrera, Martial et al. -- but if he hits that open net it's game over. Absolutely shocking.
Well it is forgivable in my eyes because like the games before....he played well, worked hard and created chances. Got the assist for Mata.

kundalini

I find it interesting that despite some awful misses this season, Lingard's current stats for goals + assists per 90 mins in the PL are superior to Dele Alli last year, and Ozil for both this season and his previous 2 seasons. The question is whether Jesse can continue to impact matches at a similar rate over a longer period of time.

Right now Lingard has a goal or assist every 88 mins in PL. Last season Dele Alli 18 goals and 9 assists in 3,044 mins so average 113 mins (this season 186 mins). Ozil's best Arsenal season (6 goals + 19 assists in 3048 mins) 122 mins, since then 156 mins and this season 142 mins. Does show the importance of being on the pitch in order to get impressive stats. Lingard seems unlikely to get even 2000 PL mins this season.

Worth noting that last season Jesse was averaging a goal or assist every 455 mins in the PL. The season before that, 327 mins. Typically he was used wide rather than central and our attack was nowhere near the standard of Spurs or Arsenal in those seasons.

Last edited:

SSSSnake

I find it interesting that despite some awful misses this season, Lingard's current stats for goals + assists per 90 mins in the PL are superior to Dele Alli last year, and Ozil for both this season and his previous 2 seasons. The question is whether Jesse can continue to impact matches at a similar rate over a longer period of time.

Right now Lingard has a goal or assist every 88 mins in PL. Last season Dele Alli 18 goals and 9 assists in 3,044 mins so average 113 mins (this season 186 mins). Ozil's best Arsenal season (6 goals + 19 assists in 3048 mins) 122 mins, since then 156 mins and this season 142 mins. Does show the importance of being on the pitch in order to get impressive stats. Lingard seems unlikely to get even 2000 PL mins this season.

Worth noting that last season Jesse was averaging a goal or assist every 455 mins in the PL. The season before that, 327 mins. Typically he was used wide rather than central and our attack was nowhere near the standard of Spurs or Arsenal in those seasons.
A lot had to do with him starting in the CAM role.

Lawman

The whole season. Sorry another simple concept your brain is incapable of figuring out.
Look I watch Lingard week in week out. I’ve played at a decent level I see what I see. My brain is well intact thank you very much but I’m not so sure about yours and your opinion of Lingard so we will leave it at that.

limerickcitykid

Look I watch Lingard week in week out. I’ve played at a decent level I see what I see. My brain is well intact thank you very much but I’m not so sure about yours and your opinion of Lingard so we will leave it at that.
Well seen as you can't understand basic stats I'm not so sure.

You also saw Schweinsteiger as the best CM in the premier league. So continue seeing whatever it is see you see.

I have also never expressed an opinion, I simply stated a fact.

Lawman

Well seen as you can't understand basic stats I'm not so sure.

You also saw Schweinsteiger as the best CM in the premier league. So continue seeing whatever it is see you see.

I have also never expressed an opinion, I simply stated a fact.
An opinion that my opinion was wrong so I’m only defending it. Bastion Schweinsteiger when playing well was the best midfielder in the league. Problem was his fitness not ability. Think you need to go into context if you’re checking my posting history. Plus that says more about the nick of our league nearly two seasons ago. The standard was the lowest it had been in years.

Lawman

@limerickcitykid you initially posted I didn’t understand stats but Here is a stat for from Wikipedia for you. Lingard has 113 league starts in his career and 20 goals 11 of these in the championship. You think this is good enough for Manchester United? Or did you just use a stat over 3-4 games or even worse 1 or 2? Yes I don’t understand stats but you do lol Pmsl!! Plus his overall play has been much worse than his goal stats and his assist stats are worse. So we have a low contributing performance player with shite scoring and virtually no assists. Great for an attacker at United wonder why we’ve been so shite.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@limerickcitykid you initially posted I didn’t understand stats but Here is a stat for from Wikipedia for you. Lingard has 113 league starts in his career and 20 goals 11 of these in the championship. You think this is good enough for Manchester United? Or did you just use a stat over 3-4 games or even worse 1 or 2? Yes I don’t understand stats but you do lol Pmsl!! Plus his overall play has been much worse than his goal stats and his assist stats are worse. So we have a low contributing performance player with shite scoring and virtually no assists. Great for an attacker at United wonder why we’ve been so shite.
Didn't he answer saying Lingard's whole season is considered, not just few games?

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly

Yet he’s only playing because he’s a local lad. He’s not a winger, but to deny that he’s been one of our best players since he got a run centrally is ridiculous. Should be first name on the team sheet these days, as long as he keeps up this form.

Hope he can establish himself in the team, kick on and reach even higher levels. Contrary to most, I think he has a role to play in a title winning United-side.

diplomat

I'm really happy with Lingard's development lately, he has really started to up his game in the CAM role and it makes our attacking play a lot more fluid.

It's a shame that at the age of 25, he still seems to have immaturity in his mentality, which might be stopping him to combine good performances with proper output in terms of goals and assists and that is what makes a true world class player.

However, he could prove prove to be an excellent squad player to provide the needed competition and different skill-set throughout the long seasons. As of right now, from the three number 10s we have in the squad (Lingard, Mata and Mkhitaryan), Mikhi is the one I would sell and it's very unfortunate, but he hasn't showed the passion or consistency to claim a spot in the squad, let alone in the starting 11.

Reactions: Raoul

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Always the same question with Lingard and that's his finishing, he does everything else well. He's agile, fairly quick and offers great link-up play with the rest of the team. His work ethic is fantastic and to be fair to him he is steadily improving his goal rate but he needs really needs to improve this significantly if he really wants to push his career into new heights.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Always the same question with Lingard and that's his finishing, he does everything else well. He's agile, fairly quick and offers great link-up play with the rest of the team. His work ethic is fantastic and to be fair to him he is steadily improving his goal rate but he needs really needs to improve this significantly if he really wants to push his career into new heights.
Martial's finishing is on the same level frankly. Don't know why people think he's a natural finisher. He misses far too many chances.

IRELANDUNITED

Be interesting to see if he, and which other United players, get in the England 11 for Russia? If the tournament started next week i think there'd be a few of our boys starting.

Pickford
Walker Jones Stones Rose
Dier
Lingard Alli
Sterling Kane Rashford

That's 3 starters and then the Young would be very close to a start too.

Lawman

Didn't he answer saying Lingard's whole season is considered, not just few games?
Just that I find it hard to believe that he is one of our most productive players the last few seasons.
His post read like the whole season being this season which Lingard had played about 4 games.

Number1

Be interesting to see if he, and which other United players, get in the England 11 for Russia? If the tournament started next week i think there'd be a few of our boys starting.

Pickford
Walker Jones Stones Rose
Dier
Lingard Alli
Sterling Kane Rashford

Too attacking i think that, I'd probably replace Lingard with Wilshere or Winks and possibly Young for Rose.

Pickford
Walker Jones Stones Young
Dier Wilshere
Alli
Sterling Kane Rashford

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Pickford
Walker Jones Stones Rose
Dier
Lingard Alli
Sterling Kane Rashford

He's probably backup for Alli in a 4-2-3-1. Also, think Young has been better than Rose this season.

Sterling Archer

No. Just no. It's a miss. A bad one. But nothing like you're making it. He does well do get that opportunity to shoot. And with the defender rushing in, you can understand his not shooting more central.

Unforgivable miss? Martial. Seriously lazy attempt. Rashford. Horrible decision making and worse execution. At least Jesse gets a good shot away. Moreover, take a step back for the big picture - the likes of Rashford and Martial fluffing chances, especially the former, is the bigger problem across the season.

Oscie

He's been playing better recently. I'd like to see him really grab a game by the scruff of the neck sometimes, in the way Giggs could. Players miss all the time.

limerickcitykid

Just that I find it hard to believe that he is one of our most productive players the last few seasons.
His post read like the whole season being this season which Lingard had played about 4 games.
Season, not seasons. Learn to read.
So much for watching every game, Lingard has 23 appearances. Did you miss those 19 games?

And no Schweinsteiger was nowhere close to being the best midfielder in the league at any point.

Lawman

Season, not seasons. Learn to read.
So much for watching every game, Lingard has 23 appearances. Did you miss those 19 games?

And no Schweinsteiger was nowhere close to being the best midfielder in the league at any point.
What is with your very snide tone? Try and be a bit more friendly ffs it’s Christmas. Yes I’m happy to discuss and even disagree and accept I could be wrong but no chance I’ll be debating with you if you keep making snide remarks. You are taking the Schweinsteiger comment out of context as is very amusing it just forms my opinion of you even more. But hey carry on and we can all look back on anyone on this forum and pull something out that looks ridiculous. So wise up or jog on buddy.

Lawman

Lawman you're having a mare here :lol:
I can’t win here @Rado_N as @limerickcitykid is Jesse Lingards number 1 fan boy on the forum and is acting like a complete one about it (maybe I hit a nerve about his poster boy being right up there in terms of ability or lack of and talent with likes of Darmian). It maybe Boxing Day but I can see him being the first person I’ve ever blocked.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Has been playing very good recently. Him rounding the keeper was great to see, players rarely do this nowadays. Shame about the miss, but as someone else said - people miss all the time.

Hope to see him start behind Lukaku today with Mata to the right and probably Martial to the left.

Raw

Good thing about him is that he's usually not a liability when he isn't productive. He should stick to being a starter for a while.

OverratedOpinion

Working hard, playing simple passes that are not forced into a wall of defenders and moving off the ball is a fairly simple concept that only Jesse seems to get at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.