5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkXaero

Great goal today and aside from the goal, I love his confidence right now to make driving runs with the ball and take on defenders. It didn't come off all the time, but with an attack as static as ours can be, sometimes that's exactly the kind of drive we need. Someone able to dribble through midfield or defense creates a lot of space and openings for the team's attack. I still don't think he's a creative force and does tend to go through periods of the match where he's barely involved. That is the one big thing missing from his game right now. But aside from that, obviously, have to be delighted with his form right now.

snk123

Zidane asked if Madrid are favourites for the CL.
Zidane: “Who does lingard play for?”
Reporter: “Man utd.”
Zidane “So they’re the favourites.”

Del Piero: “I’ve only cried once during football. It was while watching Jesse Lingard play”

Pele: “If I was playing with JLingz I would’ve scored so many more”

Edgar Davids: “I’m not the best. Jesse Lingard is”

Messi: “At La Masia JLingz name is mentioned a lot. He’s a teacher”

Ronaldo: “When we were in training, I used to do a lot of tricks which hardly any players at the club could do. Once I was showing my skills to Lingard. After I finished, Jesse took the ball and pointed to a tree which was about 50m from where we were standing. He said, I’m going to hit it in one shot. He kicked and hit the tree. He asked me to do the same; I kicked about 10 times, but still couldn’t hit it, with that accuracy. He smiled and left."

pseudo_canadian

Low-key the best part about his playing style is how often he takes away and pulls defenders out to create space.

Martial's goal today is a great example. He pulls away Everton's RB which enabled Pogba so much time on the ball to find Martial. Clever player with a good football brain.

I'm delighted with how far he's come this season.

mattsville

Low-key the best part about his playing style is how often he takes away and pulls defenders out to create space.

Martial's goal today is a great example. He pulls away Everton's RB which enabled Pogba so much time on the ball to find Martial. Clever player with a good football brain.

I'm delighted with how far he's come this season.
Always had it in the youths, matter of time how he developed, he is a very confident natural footballer and it is starting to gather pace, he has done great things for us this season, he is one of our own, no surprise he shows that desire when we are in a bit of a slump, single handed got us a point v burnley amongst a shit performance, not much mention of that.

RonW

Gonna put my hands up and say I have criticized Lingard for the last 2 seasons, deservingly. He didn't offer much to the team and clearly lagged behind in technique, intelligence, goals and assists than the rest of our players. But the way he has performed since the last 2 months has been exceptional and brilliant and proven me wrong with his performances. I like how he runs at defenders when he is central, he takes up good positions, has the ability to make runs and drag the defenders along with him hence creating space. He still makes me squirm like his open miss vs Leicester, but if he plays like this, he will be in contender for our player of the season and a deserving place for the World Cup in England's squad.

El Jefe

We're now seeing the Lingard that we saw in the academy.

Anyone that watched him then would know that he was capable of sublime finishes and having a variety of ways of scoring. In the previous seasons he had been missing far too many chances but seems like the clinical Messe is back and hopefully he's here to stay.

PoTMS

What a time to be alive to witness the great Messe Lingard. He’s been phenomenal for us, of late. Our most important player at the moment.

Sylar

IMO his best game last season was when he was behind the striker with licence to roam against Chelsea (behind Rashford but kinda like a front 2)
But since then he was mostly restricted.

Recently it seems hes been allowed back there but with license to float around and his movement is causing issues. I think hes fantastic for Pogba and Martial too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I remember him playing as a 10 at the Etihad in the win that Rashford scored the winner and he was excellent.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I made my 6 year old watch the replay of the goal. I looked him in the eye and said 'that's Jesse Lingard, son'. I told him to remember that moment. Then I hugged him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
5.9 average rating from the caf :houllier:

Need to address the scores somehow.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Our best goal of the season so far. It was an absolute beauty. Can't believe there would come a day when I'm saying this: this season, he performs better than Mata and Mkhi :eek::eek:.

Last edited:

Paxi

i noticed no matter how good we played i under rate the team. I dont think ive had us higher ever than a 7.1. Lingard for me right now is 6.1
I only tend to rate players after we win you see... Im that fecked off with everything after we lose or draw. So automatically overrating.

Anyway, I've criticised Jesse before but hats off to the wee goblin he's been great.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I made my 6 year old watch the replay of the goal. I looked him in the eye and said 'that's Jesse Lingard, son'. I told him to remember that moment. Then I hugged him.
That's so cheesy but brilliant story as well :lol:

Paxi

:lol::lol::lol:

Spat my beer out!!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Del Piero: “I’ve only cried once during football. It was while watching Jesse Lingard play”

Ronaldo: “When we were in training, I used to do a lot of tricks which hardly any players at the club could do. Once I was showing my skills to Lingard. After I finished, Jesse took the ball and pointed to a tree which was about 50m from where we were standing. He said, I’m going to hit it in one shot. He kicked and hit the tree. He asked me to do the same; I kicked about 10 times, but still couldn’t hit it, with that accuracy. He smiled and left."
:lol::lol::lol: :devil::devil:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Lol.
:D

Manny

Grammar Police
i noticed no matter how good we played i under rate the team. I dont think ive had us higher ever than a 7.1. Lingard for me right now is 6.1
I'm the same, always 1 point under the caf average.

5 and 6 are average performances for me. Rarely does anyone get an 8. And 9 and 10 seemed to be reserved for the CL knockout level competition.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Lingard is one of them players who we will just hate, just cause. The opinion has set in stone, but he's actually killing it at the moment. Fair credit to the lad.
Wonder what he'd be like playing off the right.

Paxi

Hahaha! FFS! Hilarious :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.