Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Lingard is one of them players who we will just hate, just cause. The opinion has set in stone, but he's actually killing it at the moment. Fair credit to the lad.
Wonder what he'd be like playing off the right.
Utter Garbage, he's completely useless on the wing, and is also a different animal through the middle.

If he keeps these performances up we might actually not need a new no.10

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Fergie said:
“Jesse Lingard is going to be some player,”

“He is 19, came through our youth system and is built like Jean Tigana was for France.

“But he never got into the limelight there until he was about 24, and I think that will be the same with Lingard.

“He will become a player when he’s 22 or so. As an attacking midfielder he has got a really good talent. I think he will be a player we have high hopes for, definitely.”
Ferguson. :cool:

I'm expecting Phil "Duncan Edwards" Jones to retire as United's undisputed greatest player.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He also signed a homeless guy for 8 million quid. :lol:
And a Brazilian who started a World Cup final who went on to do square root of feck all for us. Then he signed a 'shit' Ronaldo a year later. :lol:

Hindsight is beautiful!!

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Did not imagine for one second Lingard would he capable of these performances. Let's be honest he was bang average for us but has really stepped up this season and is probably now our best attacking player. Hopefully not just a purple patch.

roseguy64

I think its a little nudge to shaw, Rashford and other reserves who want to make it here. Lingard has actually done it the Fletcher way, getting abused and what not and finally coming good. I hope this is permanent for him and nit just a purple patch, he may have dip in form but i hope he becomes consistent like has been for a month or so.
Would love him to do a Fletcher and remain consistent and become a regular.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's improved alot under Mourinho, Mourinho is doing a fantastic job with him.

Sandyman

So pleased for him. He has already surpassed my expectations with 10 goals and 5 assists so far. Excellent return for a squad player. Also pushed Mikhi out of the first team finding form at the right time.

Acquire Me

He's never going to be a world class player but he's got plenty to offer to this team.
The way he plays now is world class. Keep that up and he is a world class player. I think he has it in him to be a world class player. Give him the 7.

SER19

Quite shocking that two champions league winning coaches that rated him seem to have been onto something while all these guys with keyboards might be wrong. Boggles the mind

Ace of Spades

Playing so well, just goes to show how important confidence is. Great form, and hope he can continue on this level.

haram

Yeah, not bad for the 75-100k a week then...

He never scores a boring goal thats for sure.
I don't think he is capable. Leicester game he does all the good and hard work and then hits the post from 8 yards. Ball wouldn't go in when he was directly under the crossbar against Burnley either :lol:.

I need to see a Jesse Lingard goal compilation because all of his goals are great :lol:.

Glad he's playing well, he seems to have found his niche. He will never have the ability of the very best but he's got the workrate to make up for it, he can be that player who chases everything down and gets involved in everything we do. Hope he continues this good form.

Green_Red

That finger to the lips was for all his doubters and haters. Delighted to see him doing well. Plays with a lot of determination that comes from being a United lad born and bred. We need that in the team.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Showing heart, desire, and motivation. I love a player like that.

Kapardin

He always had pace and work rate. Suddenly this season, he's been linking up well, improved his finishing and intelligence. Very strange but welcome.

He is at the moment, one of the best central forwards in the league. Jesse Fecking Lingard - one of the best. Never thought I'd say that myself.

OohAahMartial

Think he's my favourite player now. Like a stick of rock he has Manchester United right through him. You can see the mark of the Academy on him. Direct, counter-attacking, full of energy and movement, link up play and flair, brave and full of desire and love of the shirt. If our attack had four Lingards we would be better than City. But I much prefer his roaming more central role than being stuck on the right. He's won the competition for that place.

Ashley R1+O

Sublime goal, chuffed for the lad. He's going to be an excellent player going forward for us in the next few years. Can play across the front three, always runs his bolls off. A managers wet dream.

LLMU

Good on him to be doing well. If he is able to do the perfect pass in the final third on a consistent basis, he will be one hell of a player.

CM

His work-rate has always made him quite affable but I'm surprised at just how good Lingard has been since moving central. He has a bit of a knack for scoring important goals in games but I really didn't think he had these kinds of performances in him.

Also, I don't know if this has been posted yet but Lingard's now got 7 in his last 9 league games, a record bettered only by Harry Kane. It'll be extremely difficult to keep up that level of output but very impressive numbers nonetheless.

Distracted Steward

Verve and swagger. He’s showing what we miss in United players. He’s leading by example right now. The boys really need that. Absolutely key player at the moment—beyond just the goal scoring.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Glad he's playing well, he seems to have found his niche. He will never have the ability of the very best but he's got the workrate to make up for it, he can be that player who chases everything down and gets involved in everything we do. Hope he continues this good form.
What do you mean, compared to who exactly? He’s already out performing most in England and scoring goals that the likes of Coutinho would be proud off. What more does he have to do to show that he’s a proper footballer, not some kind of Alan smith type?

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

I had to tell my mom about this player yesterday, when he hushed the crowd after securing the victory all by himself with that second goal.

It's a master stroke to play this agile, fast and creative player through the center of the field. Although not Messi, Jesse's dribbling and passing is improving for every goal he scores, and the way he playes for the team converts "luxury players" like Mata into useful ones.

Long may he continue.

What do you mean, compared to who exactly? He’s already out performing most in England and scoring goals that the likes of Coutinho would be proud off. What more does he have to do to show that he’s a proper footballer, not some kind of Alan smith type?
Well compared to players like Martial for one. Don't get me wrong he's a very good player or he'd not be doing what he is doing but I don't think it's anything controversial to say there are more naturally gifted players than him in the squad. It doesn't mean he can't be a good player for us.

Minkaro

I think the Everton game has suggested (I won't go as far as to say "shown") that his versatility could be a valuable weapon in a free-flowing attack. He was popping up all over the place in that game, even in central midfield at times. With Herrera and Matic offering a more solid base, he and his three attacking teammates (Pogba, Mata and Martial) were able to switch positions regularly.

haram

Well I guess it depends on what he means by “the very best”. He’s not far off Alli’s levels of last year atm in any case.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well compared to players like Martial for one. Don't get me wrong he's a very good player or he'd not be doing what he is doing but I don't think it's anything controversial to say there are more naturally gifted players than him in the squad. It doesn't mean he can't be a good player for us.
Well you said that he didn’t have the ability to be the very best so it’s ok to ask in comparison to who? You’re kind of changing your story now by saying he doesn’t have as much technical ability as martial. Fine but you could say the same about 95% of the players in the league.
You’re not the first to insinuate that Lingard is not technical or has limited skills. It irks me that yous can’t quite get rid of your prejudices towards him and open your eyes fully

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Lingard would transform into a good footballer, i'd have had a chuckle... if you had told me he'd transform into an excellent footballer that will be one of our best players for an extended period of the season, I'd probably check you into the mental asylum...

What a turnaround... hats off to Lingard.

meamth

This season, his dribbling become his main weapon and his long shooting has always been a threat. Combine those two qualities with the confidence he built upon for seasons, he is a great attacking threat for us.

buckooo1978

delighted to be wrong about Lingard....he a always had the work rate but his movement and added intelligent play/productivity have been a revelation

just goes to show us all that players develop at different times - keep it up Jesse

STYLOISRED

I scream LINGARDINHOOOOOOO everytime he scores... you're not the only one

Last edited by a moderator:

superdry

touched by a genius
Thought he wasn't ever going to be big and strong enough, but he's scoring great goals and showing us all that he's got a little bit of magic in him. I'm starting to really like the little imp.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Well you said that he didn’t have the ability to be the very best so it’s ok to ask in comparison to who? You’re kind of changing your story now by saying he doesn’t have as much technical ability as martial. Fine but you could say the same about 95% of the players in the league.
You’re not the first to insinuate that Lingard is not technical or has limited skills. It irks me that yous can’t quite get rid of your prejudices towards him and open your eyes fully
He has prejudices about a few of our players to be honest, a lot of people on here do.

For some, it doesn’t matter what Lingard does or how many goals he scores, as soon as he has one bad match they’ll come back and say he’s not good enough.

It’s sad that people who support our club feel this way about our players but it’s been a prominent theme on here for years now.
Some players get preferential treatment, others like Lingard aren’t afforded that luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.