5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Red 11

What are you on about? Consistency, where a player plays to a high standard not just in a few games or in this instance a month. He was good in December and the player ratings reflected this, however before and after this he hasn’t played as well and again the ratings reflect this. This is called being inconsistent. There is no agenda, you’re just searching for one because you don’t agree with me. However if you want to believe that Jesse has performed for the entire season and past seasons to the same decent level as he was doing during December, then you get on with it.
If you are judging player's performance based on rating then you have no clue what Lingard does.

Lingard's main asset is his work rate to close down players & constantly making intelligence run to stretch defenders. No website or any stats will give rating to "off ball movement". Apart from defense/keeper, player who scored a goal or assist will get high rating even if the player played so poor in the entire game. Rating don't justify enough knowledge of football mate, the fact that you used "rating" to judge player's performance is just lazy.

Lingard in January:
vs Everton - 1 goal, 1 key pass, 5 shots (2 on target), 79 touches, 59 passes (86% accuracy), 1 tackle, 3 free kick won.
vs Derby - 1 goal, 2 key passes, 5 shots (2 on target), 82 touches, 65 passes (98.5% accuracy), 1 tackle, 3 free kick won.
vs Stoke - 0 goal, 3 key passes, 1 shot (0 on target), 53 touches, 40 passes (90% accuracy), 0 tackle, 4 free kick won.
vs Burnley - 0 goal, 1 key pass, 1 shot (0 on target), 55 touches, 40 passes (98% accuracy), 1 tackle, 1 free kick won.
vs Yeovil - Came as a sub and scored a goal

Lingard in February:
vs Spurs - 0 goal, 1 key pass, 1 shot (1 on target), 52 touches, 41 passes (85% accuracy), 2 tackles, 1 free kick won.
vs Huddersfield - 0 goal, 1 key pass, 4 shots (2 on target), 69 touches, 51 passes (84% accuracy), 1 tackle, 2 free kick won.

Lingard in December:
vs Arsenal - 2 goals, 0 key pass, 3 shots (3 on target), 34 touches, 18 passes (83% accuracy), 3 tackles, 2 free kick won.
vs City - 0 goal, 1 key pass, 0 shot (0 on target), 22 touches, 12 passes (83% accuracy), 2 tackles, 1 free kick won.
vs Bournemouth - 0 goal, 0 key pass, 2 shots (0 on target), 50 touches, 37 passes (89% accuracy), 1 tackles, 0 free kick won.
vs WBA - 1 goal, 1 key pass, 2 shots (2 on target), 56 touches, 46 passes (91% accuracy), 0 tackle, 1 free kick won.
vs Leicester - 0 goal, 2 key passes, 3 shots (1 on target), 42 touches, 31 passes (90% accuracy), 1 tackle, 1 free kick won.
vs Burnley - Came as a sub and scored 2 goals
vs Southampton - 0 goal, 0 key pass, 2 shots (0 on target), 52 touches, 37 passes (84% accuracy), 2 tackles, 1 free kick won.

If you think he only had great in December, have a look at those numbers when he was on the ball! They are almost the same for every game, the difference is just "goals". You are making an agenda when he doesn't score goal but you are ignoring what he does on the pitch on and off the ball.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
If you are judging player's performance based on rating then you have no clue what Lingard does.

Lingard's main asset is his work rate to close down players & constantly making intelligence run to stretch defenders. No website or any stats will give rating to "off ball movement". Apart from defense/keeper, player who scored a goal or assist will get high rating even if the player played so poor in the entire game. Rating don't justify enough knowledge of football mate, the fact that you used "rating" to judge player's performance is just lazy.

Lingard in January:
vs Everton - 1 goal, 1 key pass, 5 shots (2 on target), 79 touches, 59 passes (86% accuracy), 1 tackle, 3 free kick won.
vs Derby - 1 goal, 2 key passes, 5 shots (2 on target), 82 touches, 65 passes (98.5% accuracy), 1 tackle, 3 free kick won.
vs Stoke - 0 goal, 3 key passes, 1 shot (0 on target), 53 touches, 40 passes (90% accuracy), 0 tackle, 4 free kick won.
vs Burnley - 0 goal, 1 key pass, 1 shot (0 on target), 55 touches, 40 passes (98% accuracy), 1 tackle, 1 free kick won.

Lingard in February:
vs Spurs - 0 goal, 1 key pass, 1 shot (1 on target), 52 touches, 41 passes (85% accuracy), 2 tackles, 1 free kick won.
vs Huddersfield - 0 goal, 1 key pass, 4 shots (2 on target), 69 touches, 51 passes (84% accuracy), 1 tackle, 2 free kick won.

Lingard in December:
vs Arsenal - 2 goals, 0 key pass, 3 shots (3 on target), 34 touches, 18 passes (83% accuracy), 3 tackles, 2 free kick won.
vs City - 0 goal, 1 key pass, 0 shot (0 on target), 22 touches, 12 passes (83% accuracy), 2 tackles, 1 free kick won.
vs Bournemouth - 0 goal, 0 key pass, 2 shots (0 on target), 50 touches, 37 passes (89% accuracy), 1 tackles, 0 free kick won.
vs WBA - 1 goal, 1 key pass, 2 shots (2 on target), 56 touches, 46 passes (91% accuracy), 0 tackle, 1 free kick won.
vs Leicester - 0 goal, 2 key passes, 3 shots (1 on target), 42 touches, 31 passes (90% accuracy), 1 tackle, 1 free kick won.
vs Southampton - 0 goal, 0 key pass, 2 shots (0 on target), 52 touches, 37 passes (84% accuracy), 2 tackles, 1 free kick won.

If you think he only had great in December, have a look at those numbers when he was on the ball! They are almost the same for every game, the difference is just "goals". You are making an agenda when he doesn't score goal but you are ignoring what he does on the pitch on and off the ball.
I judge a player based on what I see on the pitch but feel it necessary to refer to the ratings as there seems to be an agenda that Lingard has been great all season, when he clearly hasn’t.

GM K

Lingard in January:

Lingard in February:

Lingard in December:

These numbers are very revealing. What a player Lingard is gradually turning out to be.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Lingard in January:

Lingard in February:

Lingard in December:

Good post, interesting, kind of proves what you sense from watching him.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I'd always liked him as a player but he was bloody wasteful in the final third, its good to see him improving in that area in recent months. I think moving centrally helped him too, he looks a much better player centrally.

Marcus

I judge a player based on what I see on the pitch but feel it necessary to refer to the ratings as there seems to be an agenda that Lingard has been great all season, when he clearly hasn’t.
Unless you watch the games in person, it would not be accurate to judge a player based on what you see on the pitch. The TV only shows a very small portion of the pitch.

J_Red 11

Another lazy post from you. What about you be more specific in judging Lingard, all you can say is "he needs to be consistent", "his rating is low", "he hasn't been good". If you want to criticise player, say what he does wrong then. Come on explain to us, I thought you said you judge him based on what you see on the pitch.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
No I just want him to perform outside of the bottom 2 players. even in the caf player rating.
Imagine relying on the caf player rating :lol:

We’ve got babies on here who will rate the entire team 1/10 because we lost.
Then add to the fact that most people don’t rate after each match - means you’re going to get a very skewed result.

But continue with your gibberish.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Imagine relying on the caf player rating :lol:

We’ve got babies on here who will rate the entire team 1/10 because we lost.
Then add to the fact that most people don’t rate after each match - means you’re going to get a very skewed result.

But continue with your gibberish.
Just so you understand if all players were scored 1/10 by a select few ‘babies’ it would simply lower the average score of ALL players and have no effect on who finished as the highest or lowest rated player.

Look its my opinion that Jesse has been mediocre not just earlier on this season but for the vast majority of games he’s played for Man Utd, it looked like he turned a corner during December. Overall this season he has improved and his stats back this up, however in his last 3 or 4 games it is also my opinion that he’s gone back to being pretty ineffective. I’m not questioning his work rate, he does work well off the ball and tracks back but for a 25 year old player, he lacks composure and often slows down an attack by passing it backwards or behind a running player (as opposed to into their path), he concedes possession needlessly and he’s not the quickest of players. He has nothing like the close control I’d expect from a number 10 for Man Utd. His shooting is sometimes sublime but it can also be wasteful. He seems like a genuinely down to earth lad and I have nothing against him, certainly not an agenda, in fact quite the contrary.

Now I know this opinion is unpopular and I may well be in the minority but that’s my prerogative but I’m certain there are a other posters who feel the same but due to the mass hysteria in this thread surrounding anything negative said toward him they are reluctant to post.

It seems to be the norm that you only post in this thread if you have something positive to say about Jesse and that’s what I intend to do from now on, as I cannot be bothered with the constant abuse. I hope I’m back posting after the next game, saying all things good.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Just so you understand if all players were scored 1/10 by a select few ‘babies’ it would simply lower the average score of ALL players and have no effect on who finished as the highest or lowest rated player.

Look its my opinion that Jesse has been mediocre not just earlier on this season but for the vast majority of games he’s played for Man Utd, it looked like he turned a corner during December. Overall this season he has improved and his stats back this up, however in his last 3 or 4 games it is also my opinion that he’s gone back to being pretty ineffective. I’m not questioning his work rate, he does work well off the ball and tracks back but for a 25 year old player, he lacks composure and often slows down an attack by passing it backwards or behind a running player (as opposed to into their path), he concedes possession needlessly and he’s not the quickest of players. He has nothing like the close control I’d expect from a number 10 for Man Utd. His shooting is sometimes sublime but it can also be wasteful. He seems like a genuinely down to earth lad and I have nothing against him, certainly not an agenda, in fact quite the contrary.

Now I know this opinion is unpopular and I may well be in the minority but that’s my prerogative but I’m certain there are a other posters who feel the same but due to the mass hysteria in this thread surrounding anything negative said toward him they are reluctant to post.

It seems to be the norm that you only post in this thread if you have something positive to say about Jesse and that’s what I intend to do from now on, as I cannot be bothered with the constant abuse. I hope I’m back posting after the next game, saying all things good.
He’s had about 2.5 seasons of people giving him abuse for every mistake, misplaced pass etc.
Now he’s managed to show more consistency than other more established/experienced players (Mata & Mhiki), and his form is currently comparable to players with world class potential (Martial) and yet you still aren’t satisfied?
At the end of the day, there are going to be ‘fans’ who expect him to score every other game and will deride him for not being consistent when he doesn’t - this is currently what you’re doing.
He’s exceeded the expectations that were set of him at the start of the season, and he’s one of the few in the squad who can say that - ultimately that’s what matters.

Caf ratings don’t matter.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Is he good enough to be a starter long-term? No. Given Mourinho is going to persist with Lukaku, I’d rather see a supporting 3 of Martial, Sanchez and Mata. Alexis will provide the goals Lingard has from the #10 role but with infinitely better quality on the ball and creativity.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
A tweet during a memorial service in an era where players are brands and have carefully crafted personas by savvy (or not so savvy) public representatives. Nothing in this.

If you think there is, then please don't make a new thread. This is a performance thread, performance related updates only please.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Is he good enough to be a starter long-term? No. Given Mourinho is going to persist with Lukaku, I’d rather see a supporting 3 of Martial, Sanchez and Mata. Alexis will provide the goals Lingard has from the #10 role but with infinitely better quality on the ball and creativity.
I don't disagree with this, but while he's creating and scoring goals at the rate he is you can't really drop him, even if others might be better technically. Plus in fairness, his work rate and movement, and the way he links up and seems in tune with our other forward players, does go a little way to compensating for the areas where he isn't on the same level as them. He's the only one who seems to be able to link well with the others, regardless of who else is in the team.

And I say this as someone who thought he was a bit of a waste of space even this time last year. Still not convinced he's good enough to justify playing against the top sides, but he is often important against the lesser ones. He'd be the one I'd sacrifice for games where we need to put an extra midfielder in.

James Peril

Lingard has obviously developed over the season and has added goals to his game, which is always nice when players like Lukaku are under-performing in that department. Saying that, the overestimation on here is quite clear and in some/most games you can see how limited Lingard really is. At Arsenal he stood out, but how often are we allowed to stroll like that against a supposed big team? That game was more about extreme naivety from Arsenal rather than us being excellent.

Is he good enough to be in our squad? Yes, barely so - especially since he is home-grown and English. Is he good enough for be a starter? Absolutely not in a million years. His position in extremely important, one of the most if not the most important when it comes to our attacking game. We really need to have a world-class player in this position in every game if we are to challenge City, Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid and the rest.

Red71

Lingard has obviously developed over the season and has added goals to his game, which is always nice when players like Lukaku are under-performing in that department. Saying that, the overestimation on here is quite clear and in some/most games you can see how limited Lingard really is. At Arsenal he stood out, but how often are we allowed to stroll like that against a supposed big team? That game was more about extreme naivety from Arsenal rather than us being excellent.

Is he good enough to be in our squad? Yes, barely so - especially since he is home-grown and English. Is he good enough for be a starter? Absolutely not in a million years. His position in extremely important, one of the most if not the most important when it comes to our attacking game. We really need to have a world-class player in this position in every game if we are to challenge City, Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid and the rest.
I can’t understand what you mean by a stroll against Arsenal. They put us under severe pressure. At no point were we strolling and neither was Lingard. As a matter of fact, one of the goals was as a direct result of Jesse chasing down the entire Arsenal back line.

If you’re looking for a reason to damn Jesse with faint praise, at best, I think you’ve picked the wrong game.

If he’s barely good enough to be in our squad in your opinion, what do you think he needs to add beyond his goals, assists, movement and work rate to reach this world class level you speak of or even be a starter? Genuinely interested to know what is behind those comments. I think the lad has come on leaps and bounds this season and deserves his spot personally.

iKeano

His ill-timed tweet at the Munich remeberance service is why he's easy to dislike.

I remember reading Cantona's "My Story" when I was a kid. It opened my eyes to the immense impact the Munich Disaster had on our club, on football in general. He wrote about visiting Old Trafford and seeing the pictures of the Busby Babes on the wall and realising the size of the club, the history... he got it - he only wanted to sign for us. He then immersed himself in reading about the Munich Disaster, let the history of the club wash over him and eventually became himself, woven into the historic fibre of the club. Cantona was a 26 year old Frenchman.

Flash forward today, to a 25 year old man. "Local lad" is used to describe him, but lets be frank, he's a grown man. A grown man who 'grew up in the shadows' of Old Trafford - a boyhood fan. We've all seen the grainy image of toddler Jesse in his Utd Jersey and we all dreamt of the life Jesse has lived. Fan - Academy - Youth Team - Senior Team. The dream. The thing that detatches Jesse and his dancing cohorts from me and some of my generation, is the detatchment they have from the historic fibres of the club. Yes, times have changed and we live in a social media world. No, I won't fully understand what drives modern day footballers - trophies or instagram likes. The history books will show Jesse as a sometime scorer of crucial goals, but I'll be telling my kids and grandkids about Cantona & The Busby Babes - not some Social Media addict that can't maintain dignity or concentration for long enough to respect the fallen that paved the way.

El-Manos

His ill-timed tweet at the Munich remeberance service is why he's easy to dislike.

I remember reading Cantona's "My Story" when I was a kid. It opened my eyes to the immense impact the Munich Disaster had on our club, on football in general. He wrote about visiting Old Trafford and seeing the pictures of the Busby Babes on the wall and realising the size of the club, the history... he got it - he only wanted to sign for us. He then immersed himself in reading about the Munich Disaster, let the history of the club wash over him and eventually became himself, woven into the historic fibre of the club. Cantona was a 26 year old Frenchman.

Flash forward today, to a 25 year old man. "Local lad" is used to describe him, but lets be frank, he's a grown man. A grown man who 'grew up in the shadows' of Old Trafford - a boyhood fan. We've all seen the grainy image of toddler Jesse in his Utd Jersey and we all dreamt of the life Jesse has lived. Fan - Academy - Youth Team - Senior Team. The dream. The thing that detatches Jesse and his dancing cohorts from me and some of my generation, is the detatchment they have from the historic fibres of the club. Yes, times have changed and we live in a social media world. No, I won't fully understand what drives modern day footballers - trophies or instagram likes. The history books will show Jesse as a sometime scorer of crucial goals, but I'll be telling my kids and grandkids about Cantona & The Busby Babes - not some Social Media addict that can't maintain dignity or concentration for long enough to respect the fallen that paved the way.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't disagree with this, but while he's creating and scoring goals at the rate he is you can't really drop him, even if others might be better technically. Plus in fairness, his work rate and movement, and the way he links up and seems in tune with our other forward players, does go a little way to compensating for the areas where he isn't on the same level as them. He's the only one who seems to be able to link well with the others, regardless of who else is in the team.

And I say this as someone who thought he was a bit of a waste of space even this time last year. Still not convinced he's good enough to justify playing against the top sides, but he is often important against the lesser ones. He'd be the one I'd sacrifice for games where we need to put an extra midfielder in.
This is a really important point. Even though we got our arse kicked by Spurs, Lingard was at the heart of whatever good moments we did manage to put together. I'm like a broken record about this by now but Martial and (to a lesser extent) Rashford must be horrible to play with. Terrible off the ball movement, inconsistent and inaccurate short passing and constantly choosing the wrong option. Lingard is the exact opposite. I'd say he's a joy to play with and it's no surprise that him and Sanchez seemed to instantly have a good understanding. I would mainly put this down to maturity (he's no longer "yong and lernin") but I think he's also just a very intelligent footballer. Which gets overlooked by the stick in the muds who get all bent out of shape about a young lad who dares to enjoy life and uses social media about as much as most people his age.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This is a really important point. Even though we got our arse kicked by Spurs, Lingard was at the heart of whatever good moments we did manage to put together. I'm like a broken record about this by now but Martial and (to a lesser extent) Rashford must be horrible to play with. Terrible off the ball movement, inconsistent and inaccurate short passing and constantly choosing the wrong option. Lingard is the exact opposite. I'd say he's a joy to play with and it's no surprise that him and Sanchez seemed to instantly have a good understanding. I would mainly put this down to maturity (he's no longer "yong and lernin") but I think he's also just a very intelligent footballer. Which gets overlooked by the stick in the muds who get all bent out of shape about a young lad who dares to enjoy life and uses social media about as much as most people his age.
I don't think there's an issue with Rashford or Martial's movement as individuals. Martial likes the ball in to feet and gets in positions to allow that, Rashford seems more prone to stretch teams and run onto balls and again is always looking to create those kinds of opportunities.

THe problem is they just don't look in tandem with the rest of the team at times. I think Rashford is the worse of the two personally. He seems to end up making the same run as someone else, or makes runs that condense players into space instead of doing the opposite. They both play as individuals and have certain players you notice they link with better than others. Which I don't think is a problem as most players are like that to a degree. Even the very best ones.

Lingard I think has a level of self awareness that he isn't the best player in our team in terms of talent, so his movement and link up play is more selfless. He'll use his team mates to create space or use himself to create space or openings for them. It's the one area of his game that's really improved for me. Last season and even at the start of this, too often he was just running about. He does the sort of thing I was hoping Mhikitaryan would do for us...he's not nearly as talented but as long as no one in our team who is more talented than him is doing it, he's offering something the rest of them aren't.

Plus for some random reason he's really good at scoring goals that would make him look like the world's best player on a Youtube compilation.

Pogue Mahone

I don't think there's an issue with Rashford or Martial's movement as individuals. Martial likes the ball in to feet and gets in positions to allow that, Rashford seems more prone to stretch teams and run onto balls and again is always looking to create those kinds of opportunities.

THe problem is they just don't look in tandem with the rest of the team at times. I think Rashford is the worse of the two personally. He seems to end up making the same run as someone else, or makes runs that condense players into space instead of doing the opposite. They both play as individuals and have certain players you notice they link with better than others. Which I don't think is a problem as most players are like that to a degree. Even the very best ones.

Lingard I think has a level of self awareness that he isn't the best player in our team in terms of talent, so his movement and link up play is more selfless. He'll use his team mates to create space or use himself to create space or openings for them. It's the one area of his game that's really improved for me. Last season and even at the start of this, too often he was just running about. He does the sort of thing I was hoping Mhikitaryan would do for us...he's not nearly as talented but as long as no one in our team who is more talented than him is doing it, he's offering something the rest of them aren't.
We’re splitting hairs on the Rashford/Martial thing but I have Rashford down as being slightly less frustrating because he has shown himself capable of slipping team-mates through with an incisive pass. Something I have almost never (not that I can remember?) seen Martial do. He (Rashford) does seem to have got more and more selfish as his form has dropped off, mind you. Which isn’t ideal.

But yeah, Lingard is a great example of someone who makes the players around him look a little better even if he’s not obviously catching the eye as an individual. Until he scores after running the length of the pitch and/or tonks one into the top corner anyway.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We’re splitting hairs on the Rashford/Martial thing but I have Rashford down as being slightly less frustrating because he has shown himself capable of slipping team-mates through with an incisive pass. Something I have almost never (not that I can remember?) seen Martial do. He (Rashford) does seem to have got more and more selfish as his form has dropped off, mind you. Which isn’t ideal.

But yeah, Lingard is a great example of someone who makes the players around him look a little better even if he’s not obviously catching the eye as an individual. Until he scores after running the length of the pitch and/or tonks one into the top corner anyway.
Yeah I think Rashford when he was playing well was better at bringing team mates into the game than Martial. Just not since he's started playing like he thinks he's Ronaldo. I'm not sure if he's playing like that because his form has tailed off and he's trying too hard to do something for himself, or if overconfidence is why he's started playing like that, and has caused his form to tail off. Either way he needs to get back to not trying to slow the game down and force things nearly every time he gets the ball.

Martial I just don't think is that type of player. He prefers taking on defenders and beating them, then doesn't need to play the incisive defence splitting pass because if he beats his man he's in behind the defence anyway.

Pogue Mahone

Yeah I think Rashford when he was playing well was better at bringing team mates into the game than Martial. Just not since he's started playing like he thinks he's Ronaldo. I'm not sure if he's playing like that because his form has tailed off and he's trying too hard to do something for himself, or if overconfidence is why he's started playing like that, and has caused his form to tail off. Either way he needs to get back to not trying to slow the game down and force things nearly every time he gets the ball.

Martial I just don't think is that type of player. He prefers taking on defenders and beating them, then doesn't need to play the incisive defence splitting pass because if he beats his man he's in behind the defence anyway.
Which is about as likely as a defence splitting pass from Rashford nowadays, seeing as he constantly cuts back on his right foot instead.

It’s unfortunate that they’ve both simultaneously lost their mojo. To Martial’s credit he’s still capable of scoring screamers despite that. While Rashford hits the woodwork instead. The arrival of Sanchez is well timed, though, and I’m 100% in favour of Lingard being the only other guaranteed starter alongside him.

Hitchez

Which is about as likely as a defence splitting pass from Rashford nowadays, seeing as he constantly cuts back on his right foot instead.

It’s unfortunate that they’ve both simultaneously lost their mojo. To Martial’s credit he’s still capable of scoring screamers despite that. While Rashford hits the woodwork instead. The arrival of Sanchez is well timed, though, and I’m 100% in favour of Lingard being the only other guaranteed starter alongside him.
Don't think this should even be debatable now. His goals obviously help but the crispness in his play is a joy to watch these days. I have a sneaky feeling he and Sanchez are going to really hit it off.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

You just dislike him, and probably have some deep-set jealousy and envy of the life he’s managed to make himself. Along with a self admittance of not understanding modern footballers.
Also, he’s apologised for the tweet and he wasn’t the one who wrote it either.

Just say you don’t like the guy, but if he can bag some goals you are able to tolerate him.
I’m not sure how you’re able to gauge that he’s detached from the historic fibres of the club because he likes to dance and have a laugh - he’s dedicated pretty much his entire life to United, which is more than any of us can say.

iKeano

You just dislike him, and probably have some deep-set jealousy and envy of the life he’s managed to make himself. Along with a self admittance of not understanding modern footballers.
Also, he’s apologised for the tweet and he wasn’t the one who wrote it either.

Just say you don’t like the guy, but if he can bag some goals you are able to tolerate him.
I’m not sure how you’re able to gauge that he’s detached from the historic fibres of the club because he likes to dance and have a laugh - he’s dedicated pretty much his entire life to United, which is more than any of us can say.
You really believe his half-cocked ‘Media team’ line!?

I said he’s detached from the historic fibres of the club, cause seconds after the minute silence he’s on his phone, tweeting about PlayStation online!

Poor guy, dedicated his life to Utd for nothing in return. Must start a “go fund me” for poor Jesse!

Give me strength

villain

Hates Beyoncé

I said he’s detached from the historic fibres of the club, cause seconds after the minute silence he’s on his phone, tweeting about PlayStation online!

Poor guy, dedicated his life to Utd for nothing in return. Must start a “go fund me” for poor Jesse!

Give me strength
There’s footage of him with the rest of the squad at the time of the tweet - cameras everywhere.
You don’t think someone would’ve snapped him if he was on his phone?

Give it a rest, you come across as having a real dislike for someone you’ve never met.

iKeano

There’s footage of him with the rest of the squad at the time of the tweet - cameras everywhere.
You don’t think someone would’ve snapped him if he was on his phone?

Give it a rest, you come across as having a real dislike for someone you’ve never met.
I don’t actually. Could have easily been done. José probably doesn’t take all their phones - they’ll get them back at the end of class.

You made a comment about him dedicating his life to the club, when I’m talking about respect for people who actually gave their lives for the club.

Anyway, we’ll agree to differ... I don’t want to argue with the ‘Caf Sexpert’.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I don’t actually. Could have easily been done. José probably doesn’t take all their phones - they’ll get them back at the end of class.

You made a comment about him dedicating his life to the club, when I’m talking about respect for people who actually gave their lives for the club.

Sorry ‘full member’, didn’t realise my tag had any significance in this discussion.

Imagine being 39 and having to resort to sarcasm, then implying that others are immature.

Imagine that.

As far your assertion that ‘it could have easily been done’, well - considering there’s no proof or evidence, just your made up hypothetical situation, I’m going to go with the facts here and assume that this ‘incident’ is much ado about nothing.

Carry on.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

I actually laughed out loud reading this.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

The irony of being miserable is that being miserable also is your karma.

Imagine being a Man Utd-supporter, caring about our traditions, and not being able to appreciate a player like Jessie Lingard. I almost feel sorry for you.

What does that have to do with there being cameras there? Like @vi1lain said there was cameras every during the ceremony while the squad was there watching and there's been no proof he was on his phone other than you saying he was. Footballers have PR people who run their social media accounts, it's pretty simple. Also you trying to imply another poster is immature because of their tag is hilarious given the shite you've written in here

Lingards been one of our best players on the pitch, even when not scoring. His link up play and ball rentention skills have gone up another level and it is evident to see. He is drawing so many fouls now because teams are aware of his danger.

Verminator

Utterly ineffective. It’s like having a weak child with balance issues in midfield. He offers nothing.

Local lad blah blah blah... £100k a week, jog on.
This. I’d run my flabby tits off if I was playing for Utd... doesn’t mean I’m good enough.
Effort does not always equate outcome. Lingard is simply not good enough.
What is Lingard? Is he kept around as some sort of courtyard jester with his dabbing and dancing to keep the real footballers happy?

He's like a frail child playing against adults.

"Local Lad", "Gives 100%", "Puts a shift in"... blah blah.

Give me strength
When hating him for his performances becomes an unrealistic stand point.....

Status
Not open for further replies.