Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Think once Alexis comes back Lingard’s place will be under threat. Obviously he has great understanding with Rashford and martial but he doesn’t really do that much in an attacking productive sense.

-Supreme-

I'd love to see Sanchez to play in his position when he gets back from match fitness

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm guessing Ole is seeing his movement essential to the team or something because he shouldn't be starting with the other 2 right now. Also funny how he's played all full games since Ole took over.

He's definitely lacking and our weakest player in attack by far.

Thought he had a fine game today.Linked up with Pogba extremely well.
As always he makes great movements off the ball for himself while opening up spaces for his team-mates.

I'm guessing Ole is seeing his movement essential to the team or something because he shouldn't be starting with the other 2 right now. Also funny how he's played all full games since Ole took over.

Oooh,the agenda begins.

Based Adnan

Done well pressing from the front but didn't really take any risks on the ball or try anything at all really. Should be a rotation option.

ForestRGoinUp

In terms of JBlingz performances that’s a solid 10/10. Quite clearly the weakest of the front 4 now.

SATA

Abit worrying that Ole plays him alot. He's not a bad player, but i think Alexis gives us more in attack. I would play Lingard in the away games where teams will sit back and absorb but not at home

MAME DIOUF 32

I'd like to see his running stats today. I thought he worked incredibly hard but got more or less everything wrong.

snk123

Was poor today I felt. Dwindled on the ball a lot and just overall reluctant to do anything. He has performed much better but Sanchez in his role will be something else I think.

mu4c_20le

Didn't really notice him today, but that probably because he got eclipsed by Rashers and Martial.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Abit worrying that Ole plays him alot. He's not a bad player, but i think Alexis gives us more in attack. I would play Lingard in the away games where teams will sit back and absorb but not at home
Who is the alternative when Alexis is not fit? How is it worrying if he’s the only option and actually playing well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There have been no fit alternatives. We’ll see next games.

RMD83

Wow I love this forum. Lingard not being as good as martial, rashford, pogba today doesn’t equal he’s shit, sell him. He’s a very worth squad player. This isn’t fifa where you bang fitness cards on them and play the best 11 every game.

Foxbatt

he was poor and very irritating today. Would not make the passes when it is there and was not positive at all

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Played pretty well. He wont ever be as flashy or take the spotlight like martial/rashford/pogba are doing, but he compliments them very well. Theres an argument to play rashford on the right with Lukaku in the middle or Sanchez on the right, but we'll see if the team shows the same fluidity with that.

red4ever 79

Wow I love this forum. Lingard not being as good as martial, rashford, pogba today doesn’t equal he’s shit, sell him. He’s a very worth squad player. This isn’t fifa where you bang fitness cards on them and play the best 11 every game.
Nobody would have an issue if he indeed was a squad player, but the reality is he plays and starts most games, when clearly he is not good enough. Then again Sanchez and Lukaku are back now and with Martial and Rashers being nailed on to start, his time looks up

Djemba-Djemba

He's not a squad player.

He starts week in and week out. That's the issue.

Andersons Dietician

It’s just a shame he lacks any real quality. Works his socks off but at times I feel like he thinks he is better than he is and he tries to do something that Martial or Pogba would do but doesn’t realise he isn’t as good as those guys. The no look passes and so on, poor lay offs and just not noticing runs and passes of others there was a perfect example of a Lingard moment today, easy pass in to Martial and he’s clean through, he hesitates, holds it chance is gone, chance opens for Pogba and he continues to hold it then plays it behind him.

I get people love him but he’s a bit of a Valencia where people don’t seem to see that he holds the team back at times, replace him with someone like a Dembele, Mahrez, Silva and we would improve massively.

el3mel

He has been a starter for over 1.5 year now and people still excusing him for being squad player ?

Well that's the problem, the problem is he's starting every game and puts in nothing performance week in week out. Sadly not every team we play is Cardiff for him to score in.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's not about being as good as them. He simply wasn't good enough even when judged on his own. Same thing last game and even the first game but at least in that one he popped some goals.

Also he's not being used as a squady, he's had more minutes on the field than both Rashford and Martial. He's clearly being used as an integral part of our attack and to be so he HAS to show far more than he has so far.

Hopefully with the return of Sanchez, Lingard will truly be a squad player rather than a starter.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I like him, he's completely different to the rest of the front 4, but his attributes make the game easier for the rest of them. Can guarantee if you asked the lads he'd be one of the first players they'd want playing with them.

Coops73

Didn’t do too much today but his movement and constant running must wind up the opposition defence no end.

red4ever 79

I like him, he's completely different to the rest of the front 4, but his attributes make the game easier for the rest of them. Can guarantee if you asked the lads he'd be one of the first players they'd want playing with them.
Of course, because he makes them look better!!!

mu4c_20le

He has been a starter for over 1.5 year now and people still excusing him for being squad player ?

Well that's the problem, the problem is he's starting every game and puts in nothing performance week in week out. Sadly not every team we play is Cardiff for him to score in.
how about an FA cup final...

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Too much pressure on him after not signing Griezmann but that's the big club mentality... demanding and requiring high level from players

That being said, he's definitely not the biggest problem of this team. In some cases he's very entertaining on the pitch and doesn't slow things down.

Sylar

Its the off the ball stuff he gives us, is why I can see hes being picked. Helps with a high press, helps with creating space.

Is that alone good enough for United? I wouldnt say so. However right now, I can see why hes being played. He looked knackered at the end of the game, he does run himself into the ground.

redcafe_reader

I'd love to see Sanchez to play in his position when he gets back from match fitness
Same here but on the other hand, I am quite afraid that Sanchez will ruin the fluidity of our attack since comparing to Lingard, he lacks the understanding with Pogba, Martial and Rashford. Also, Sanchez tends to "take over" the attack and it may conflict with our current setup.

Making Sanchez play well with our team is a very big challenge to Ole. Hopefully, he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.