g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jesse Lingard image 14

Jesse Lingard England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Because he didn’t score?
Come on now, he didn't play well. Same for his last game. He simply wasn't influencial in our attack.

He HAS to have more than simply off the ball movement especially when playing an integral part in our attack. With a better player all the balls Lingard failed to release or put other through or in good position see our output increase even further.

The fact that he lacks that quality to play his teammate through especially in obvious and easy cases is especially irritating.

RMD83

It's not about being as good as them. He simply wasn't good enough even when judged on his own. Same thing last game and even the first game but at least in that one he popped some goals.

Also he's not being used as a squady, he's had more minutes on the field than both Rashford and Martial. He's clearly being used as an integral part of our attack and to be so he HAS to show far more than he has so far.

Hopefully with the return of Sanchez, Lingard will truly be a squad player rather than a starter.
Well he certainly deserves his place infront of Sanchez from what he has served up this year. A few have commented on my post saying similar and I can’t be arsed to quote all of them but yes he has been used as more than a squad player recently but so far he has massively out performed the alternatives regularly. If Sanchez can hit the heights he did at arsenal then I would hope to see Lingard used in more of a rotation role but there’s some who are calling for him to be sold which is ridiculous.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Come on now, he didn't play well. Same for his last game. He simply wasn't influencial in our attack.

He HAS to have more than simply off the ball movement especially when playing an integral part in our attack. With a better player all the balls Lingard failed to release or put other through or in good position see our output increase even further.

The fact that he lacks that quality to play his teammate through especially in obvious and easy cases is especially irritating.
Last few games, scored against Arsenal and Liverpool, brace in Solskjaers debut and an assist against Huddersfield.

I think that’s more than ball movement but people seem to only rate him when he scores and bash him when he doesn’t. He’s been a big part of our victories and I’m not saying he’s the answer on the RW but he’s getting unnecessary criticism from some posters who just need to calm down and enjoy our wins.

Seriously, bashing him after a 4-1 win, get out of here with that shit. Alexis will most likely replace him when he’s fit anyway.

tjb

Abit worrying that Ole plays him alot. He's not a bad player, but i think Alexis gives us more in attack. I would play Lingard in the away games where teams will sit back and absorb but not at home
Alexis just returned from injury. He will be in the team in short order.

el3mel

I actually feel like some are defending him just to prove their earlier stance and opinion on him were right and don't want to change it. Come on mates, changing opinions when they're proven wrong isn't shameful.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Same as posters like you coming here and licking his arse once again. :lol:

If that performance was befitting of any price, you might try and consider some other sport, with more running and less skills.
I’m not, I fully expect and want Alexis to replace him in the lineup when fit. Just can’t understand posters like you who are full of such negativity at times like this. We won, move on.

Kostov

Last few games, scored against Arsenal and Liverpool, brace in Solskjaers debut and an assist against Huddersfield.

I think that’s more than ball movement but people seem to only rate him when he scores and bash him when he doesn’t. He’s been a big part of our victories and I’m not saying he’s the answer on the RW but he’s getting unnecessary criticism from some posters who just need to calm down and enjoy our wins.

Seriously, bashing Lingard after a 4-1 win, get out of here with that shit. Alexis will most likely replace him when he’s fit anyway.
You just pointed out at me, supposedly not rating his performance simply because he didn't score today. Then you go on and use the goals against Arsenal and Liverpool to give him praise, in which he was one of the worst players on the pitch (the worst player against Liverpool). That's laughable.

Woodzy

Like I said when he signe dhis contract last year - great player to have in the squad but shouldn't be in the starting lineup as frequently. Hopefully Sanchez can regain his form and take up that spot.

Kostov

I’m not, I fully expect and want Alexis to replace him in the lineup when fit. Just can’t understand posters like you who are full of such negativity at times like this. We won, move on.
It's no negativity, it's criticism on a good day. On a bad day, this thread is poison and you can check here on those days, and see for yourself. How can you praise that kind of performance is beyond me, honestly.

MyOnlySolskjaer

It's no negativity, it's criticism on a good day. On a bad day, this thread is poison and you can check here on those days, and see for yourself. How can you praise that kind of performance is beyond me, honestly.
Let’s agree to disagree, I just don’t see how that was a bad performance. As you were.

Edit: just noticed you have 120 posts on this thread :lol:

KingOfJing88

I like him, he's completely different to the rest of the front 4, but his attributes make the game easier for the rest of them. Can guarantee if you asked the lads he'd be one of the first players they'd want playing with them.
Doubt it. They’d want another match winner to help ease the pressure off themselves because when Martial/Pogba don’t step it up Jesse ain’t going to pick up the slack.. Alexis has great work rate with the ability to match so its an easy decision to make. We will look so much better for it too

devips

I don't get the point of Lingard haters who keep on insisting he shouldn't be a starter. Is he bribing the management to unfairly get playing time? Or, maybe the point these "wise men" are trying to make is they understand football much better than the likes of LVG, Mourinho and Solksjair!

Djemba-Djemba

I don't get the point of Lingard haters who keep on insisting he shouldn't be a starter. Is he bribing the management to unfairly get playing time? Or, maybe the point these "wise men" are trying to make is they understand football much better than the likes of LVG, Mourinho and Solksjair!
LVG and Mourinho were fecking shite here!

I wouldn't be using them playing Lingard a lot to back up that argument.

ChaddyP

He Never Gets subbed off by Ole for a reason. Vital player Sanchez will have to do much more to get in infront of him me thinks

Andersons Dietician

He seems like such a nothing player at times.
Might be a good time to switch to 'Jesse Lingard' in the thread title until he has another cracking game.
Great idea as everytime I read it it’s so cringe. If he plays against Newcastle and hopefully scores 2 and impacts our game positively then maybe change it back. Actually no, it should never changed back.

Red Stone

Don't think he will feature much in the next game or he would have been subbed off. If Sanchez improves as much under Ole as some others he'll push Lingard out of the starting XI.

L1nk

Bang average as always, often slows down the attack too. Hopefully Sanchez performs and we bring in a better RW

Devil may care

Very industrious but his quality on ball in the final 3rd isn't of the level to be a regular starter long term, very good squad player to have though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Poor today, if he had been on his game we’d have scored a few more. I’d like to see Sanchez play in his position.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think that any other player, and by any i mean literally any other player, can play at the same level as him. Run, short pass, run, short pass...

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Seriously, bashing him after a 4-1 win, get out of here with that shit. Alexis will most likely replace him when he’s fit anyway.
So when someone critic Lingards performance it means they're bashing him now. Show me in any of my previous posts about his performance today where I BASHED him.

haram

I'd be fine with him as a squad player. Bring him on to stretch defences.

I don't want him playing every week because I don't think he's good enough.
I won't argue with that. It's not his fault we lack a real winger.

Djemba-Djemba

I won't argue with that. It's not his fault we lack a real winger.
No you're right it isn't his fault.

Hopefully in the summer we can bring in a top class right winger and Lingard can become the impact player I think he'd be better suited for.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hopefully Sanchez can bring that little bit of more quality if he plays at that position because Lingard, despite being a good player, is way too limited in front of packed defenses.

UDontMessWith24

He's a 50/50 proposition right now and when he's dialed in he can be a very effective player. He's our best option at the moment, but unless he finds a way to string games together consistently we should aspire to have a better player as a first option at that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.