4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Why are there talks of him getting a new contract? If anything, we should run down his current one and sell him to Sunderland or something.
Because there are idiots at the club who value junk

Last edited:

Shimo

This stuff pisses me off so much. People focus way too much on irrelevant stats instead of watching the game.
I agree with you on the general point. In a lot of cases, some are myopic and will use stats to bash a player they don't like. The best example to remember when using these lack of goals/assists is Xavi - don't think he had an incredible numbers but, boy did he influence so much of the play resulting in a lot of goals/assist.

So it is always good to look at what a player brings to the team and what is expected of their role and even Ole said that for Lingard, his stats last season are nowhere near what is expected of him but, is expects more this season. After his first 3 games, his performances have seen him already drop to the bench. It's not enough for him just to be the player that creates space and makes clever runs any more. A lot more is expected of him as one of the front 3 attackers, he needs to making more chances, more shots on goal and more key passes.

I like Lingard overall but, just don't see him anything but, a decent quality squad player. Good option in some games where we will counter-attack but, in games where we are expected to dominate and create/score, he is a poor choice.

Beagle

If the manager believes he deserves a new contract, then there's not much hope left for Ole after all.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This stuff pisses me off so much. People focus way too much on irrelevant stats instead of watching the game.
We watched the game and He's shite. There's a chance He'd look better if He had decent stats (irrelevant stats) but even when You look at the stats He's still shite.

Double shite.

NJM78

I think his new contract is inevitable. He's the face of United now and our manager and one of our most important player (Rashford) loves him.
Well that would be a ridiculous reason. Ole since managing us will be fortunate to still be here next season in my honest opinion. Also the club would fair just as well without Lingard and Rashford. Both can be replaced.
It would be insane to raise his already high wages as it would subsequently rule out ever getting him out of the club, no top club with those kind of finances would go near him.

Crashoutcassius

Come on, how are goals and assists irrelevant to a forward at a club like Utd. Even at lower mid-table clubs, the fans would be fuming at the kinds of performances he is producing. Its beyond even average. Nowadays he can't even control the ball. At any other top club, he would be booed off the pitch. It will get really ugly for him if he doesn't sort out his productivity.
Sorry - I meant it really isn't a 'good one' ! It obviously isn't a good output.

Interesting looking at his xg this season vs the last few seasons, it is practically 0 this season so he isn't getting in any positions to score vs a few years ago when it was comparable to dele alli at 0.34 xg per 90. I'd find that more interesting, a player who had been praised over time for getting in good positions has just stopped doing that under Ole

Woodzy

I think there is a place for Lingard in the squad but the club need to stop thinking of him as an important player.

We need squad players like him. Fergie had plenty of players over the years that make you think ‘Oh God, not him’ when they are coming on or starting games, but they were never a mainstay in the team like Lingard seems to be.

He’s not a great player, he should just be making up the numbers for a couple of years until something better comes along.

Anustart89

If the manager believes he deserves a new contract, then there's not much hope left for Ole after all.
The problem with this isn't just what you're saying, it's that the guy after Ole will be stuck with Lingard on a fat contract until he's 32. Basically the shitshow that Ole's been left with now where he needs to clear out deadwood without properly getting the backing to replace them in the squad.

We really need a DoF.

humdinger

I think there is a place for Lingard in the squad but the club need to stop thinking of him as an important player.

We need squad players like him. Fergie had plenty of players over the years that make you think ‘Oh God, not him’ when they are coming on or starting games, but they were never a mainstay in the team like Lingard seems to be.

He’s not a great player, he should just be making up the numbers for a couple of years until something better comes along.
Agree with this.

FerociousCorgis

i mean i would like to say him getting a contract, and prob a raise, would be a shock...but knowing this club i can't say i would be. Would be an absolute joke of a move.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Why do we need to extend his contract and bump his wage if we only need him for a couple of years? Who'd buy him later on high wage? He's now get paid more than Eriksen Spurs already.

SAFMUTD

He’s the first player I sell whenever I take control over United in Fifa.

Swiss_Red89

He’s the first player I sell whenever I take control over United in Fifa.
Unfortunately this year he will be one of our best Players (in FIFA), so i'll have to use him a lot.:wenger:

For real life, i definitely prefer him over Mata as the 10. But i'm also on the "Give Gomes a chance and see what he can do" train.
Would be ideal if Gomes (when given the chance) outperforms both, so Ole simply has to drop both of Mata and Lingard.

Otherwise i would still drop both and play Pogba as the 10. Or Fred as the holding midfielder and Pogba on the left with McTominay on the right of a midfield three.

Martialfc

If we offer him a new contract I hope it’s with the intention to sign him up so we can sell him so that we don’t lose him for peanuts.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I remember saying soon after Ole took over when a few were saying he would be upgraded in the summer that I am not sure that Ole doesn’t see him as one of his ‘men’, and a player who ‘gets Manchester United’ having come up through the ranks etc. He’s a decking useless footballer who now infuriates me whenever I see him in the shirt, and by association, is leading me to become increasingly dissatisfied with the manager. He seems to think a few average players are a lot better than what I think they are, and are seemingly a key part of his Manchester United.

Like, there’s a clear difference with the likes of Rashford and some of the others I think. That’s the calibre of player we want coming into the first team from the youth team. A genuine talent who would be at a squad of comparable stature if he wasn’t with us. Rashford joins the likes of Barca, Bayern or Real if he left today, and other PL Champions League teams would be willing to spend big money on him. Jesse joins Bournemouth if he’s up for sale today. Yet he’s a regular here. Feck off Ole.

vanderpants

how on earth has he justified a new deal??? One of the worst and most overrated utd players I have ever watched. Adrian Durham on talk sport got it right about him recently when he said he wouldn't look out of place in the Championship division

luke511

how on earth has he justified a new deal??? One of the worst and most overrated utd players I have ever watched. Adrian Durham on talk sport got it right about him recently when he said he wouldn't look out of place in the Championship division
He wouldn't, I'd rather have Bradley Dack at no.10 over Lingard to be honest.

luke511

My mate who works in advertising was involved in filming a new JD advert which has Lingard and Van Dijk as the frontmen, must be the fourth or fifth advert he's been in in the last 12 months. His agent's really pushing this media image that he's a top player.

passing-wind

I'm not opposed to Lingard signing a new contract he's still an asset to this club and will have a form of value in the market. What's concerning is how much he features during a season. I don't see any harm in Jesse being a rotational option in games where we can control a team but as a first team Manchester United midfielder he's below the required quality it's almost embarrassing.

fergiesarmy1

If we offer him a new contract I hope it’s with the intention to sign him up so we can sell him so that we don’t lose him for peanuts.
Surely agents are smart enough to not fall for this cunning plan if that is the intention from clubs these days?

If not I want in as an agent.

NJM78

Rewarding mediocrity makes me furious. He is one of the luckiest people on the planet it seems if we are as reported willing to improve his contract with us further.

A makes up the numbers player.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Or loan him out. I mean what if he refuses to leave? I would side with him. Clubs cant expect to treat players like property. We gonna extend your contract not because you have done well. But so we can sell you for more money.

0le

According to the Cafe anybody under 21 isn't ready.
We could go down the LvG route, chuck any kid on and hope one sticks...

Not everyone on the forum thinks the same either. In fact, if anything, I would say the majority want Greenwood and Gomes to start, contrary to your claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.