4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Ward

Painful to watch yet again, he's been poor for years but somehow, amazingly has got worse this season.

talent wise, in our entire squad he is rock bottom.

An absolute must sell

manunited1919

Actually feel a bit sorry for him, he looks totally shot of confidence. He’s usually very chirpy on the pitch and jokey before and after but he looks so down atm every time the camera is on him. He’s very social media aware so I think the abuse is probably getting him down. There is a decent player in there who’s certainly not as bad as the one we’ve seen for the past year, needs to snap out of it.
Ole must have the exact same feelings you have here for Lingard...feeling sorry, he is a good chap, he’s not as bad. The truth is getting stale, and Ole needs to show he is the boss and be ruthless with Lingard.

Djemba-Djemba

I know I keep going on about it but I just cannot understand what made him think launching his own fashion range was a good idea.

Does he genuinely think he's good enough to justify it and make it a success? An attacking midfielder that has scored one goal in 11 months? What kid wants to wear a jumper representing him?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I know I keep going on about it but I just cannot understand what made him think launching his own fashion range was a good idea.

Does he genuinely think he's good enough to justify it and make it a success? An attacking midfielder that has scored one goal in 11 months? What kid wants to wear a jumper representing him?
it was released last December after he had a semi decent world cup

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

He has money, probably his friends are directly managing his brand. It could just be some fun for him

fps

Actually feel a bit sorry for him, he looks totally shot of confidence. He’s usually very chirpy on the pitch and jokey before and after but he looks so down atm every time the camera is on him. He’s very social media aware so I think the abuse is probably getting him down. There is a decent player in there who’s certainly not as bad as the one we’ve seen for the past year, needs to snap out of it.
I don’t feel sorry for him, he’s been chirpy because he’s been stealing a living and now has a manager who’s demanding what a Man Utd manager should demand.

His look of concern on the pitch probably has more to do with his asinine vanity clothing company off the pitch.

Alfie092

When he was starting games, I was like he should be a squad player and on the bench at best. Now he is on the bench, I don't even want him there as an option and that says something in regards to how much he has regressed. Extremely worrying since he is about to hit his peak years now...

Don't think he can get any worse than the performances he is currently showing but even if he does up his game, his ceiling is of a average squad player at best.

Considering his age, if he is to continue showing his consistent poor performances for the remainder of the season then we should look to cash him on him, academy player who gets the club or not. However, if he gets his act together and start to show something, I am happy to keep his as a squad player.

Stadjer

He is rich, does fashion and is always happy/funny. Kids like that... he basically is a big kid himself. The kids who want Jlingz merchandise dont care that he is a Manchester United footballer but they just want his life. He is very popular with kids because of his social media and personality.

That is what he represents. Having fun and living the dreamlife. Being a footballer for Manchester United is just an extra.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

He must know he's clinging onto United player status by his finger tips, so it was now or never with this clothing range.

If he got to an Everton or West Ham, the interest would nose dive.

EdinburghDevil

He had another average at best performance last night and continues to fall down the pecking order. At this moment in time, he's a squad player at best and he wouldn't be missed if United were to sell him.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've defended this guy more than most on here, and i still don't like some of the vitriol he receives, but i got to admit that he's offering absolutely nothing to this team. Just...nothing.

He's a passenger and you can see how much it's hurting the team. Everything breaks down with him and it only takes on player like that on the team to really bring things down. I struggle to see how can still get games in the near future; he's a hindrance at the moment.

LingiBW

Honestly, at this point, who would buy him considering the wage he is on?

Jig1234

Lingard should be sold in the summer. Even Andreas has been better at no.10 last few games. I would rather see Angel Gomes play 10. Lingard's time at Utd is up. Take what we can and sell him I say.

It feels like we are playing with ten men when he is on the pitch. Awful on the ball and anonymous without it.

He is failing on the pitch as well as he is off it. Can't score or assist and he can't even get anyone to buy his JLINGZ Merchandise either.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ole needs to put his finger out and just drop Lingard completely from the first team.
Our lack of options means he can't do that. Give it another transfer window or two to bring in replacements and he'll be sold. It's pretty clear Ole doesn't rate him that much. He's been dropped a fair bit this season already.

manunited1919

Our lack of options means he can't do that. Give it another transfer window or two to bring in replacements and he'll be sold. It's pretty clear Ole doesn't rate him that much. He's been dropped a fair bit this season already.
It’s not that clear to me, as Ole just gave him another start (instead of giving him 10 minutes), as number 10 (as opposed to playing him as a RW where he doesn’t do as much harm), and against Chelsea (this is a top team). Ole should put his actions where his mouth is and give youngsters more time instead of insisting with this dross.

GuyfromAustria

He didn't score in Premier League in 2019. Feels ridiculous to say that but that is the truth. That Burnley game you meant was the 2-2 right? Pogba and Lindelof scored our goals back then.

Actually I think the goal against Arsenal in FA Cup was his only goal in the entire 2019.

He scored 5 goals last season, against Cardiff (2 in one match), Liverpool, Arsenal (2 in league and FA cup). All of these were in 2018 bar the FA Cup game.
You're right, apparently he got an assist against Burnley, it seems that I looked at the wrong column.

Pathetic numbers.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It’s not that clear to me, as Ole just gave him another start (instead of giving him 10 minutes), as number 10 (as opposed to playing him as a RW where he doesn’t do as much harm), and against Chelsea (this is a top team). Ole should put his actions where his mouth is and give youngsters more time instead of insisting with this dross.
Well who else should he play? He wanted to put out a strong team, Pereira needed a rest. So it was either Lingard or Mata and no disrespect to Mata as I love the man, but he's not a good runner.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is Gomes injured? Surely even with his lack of experience he offers more than Lingard who pretty much makes it feel like we're playing with ten men.

Robbie Boy

I don't get the impression that Ole particularly rates him either.

billybee99

He has gone 10 full months without a Premier League goal. He last scored on Boxing Day for Christ's sake. He will be 27 in a month. He should be at his absolute peak but he is no where close and, what's worse is that he is hiding from the ball and purposely putting himself in positions where he knows he won't receive the ball. If Ole is going to persist with this clown, then move him further back the pitch; turn him into a FB like Young and Valencia or something - anything but put him in attacking positions!

GenZRed

Just seen them videos of him vs Chelsea at throw ins and it is absolutely shocking. Giving the ball away like candy at Halloween.

Can't believe it is the same player who has scored a winning goal in an FA Cup final and scored in the EFL Final.

Foxbatt

His running around is useless. He never runs fast enough to cause any problems for the opposition and he always tries to tackle from behind too. He was supposed to be an England International. Someone compared him to Fellaini. Give me Fellaini any day over Lingard.

manunited1919

Well who else should he play? He wanted to put out a strong team, Pereira needed a rest. So it was either Lingard or Mata and no disrespect to Mata as I love the man, but he's not a good runner.
I think Mata’s legs have gone, but I still would prefer him. But of the youngsters, given that Gomes is injured, he could have given one of Greenwood, Chong, or Garner a start against Chelsea. But Ole prefers to play Lingard because he thinks Lingard has a temporary dip in form and the minutes will help him recover from the dip in form. That’s completely different from not rating him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Just seen them videos of him vs Chelsea at throw ins and it is absolutely shocking. Giving the ball away like candy at Halloween.

Can't believe it is the same player who has scored a winning goal in an FA Cup final and scored in the EFL Final.
He was hardly man of the match in both of those games though.

Devil may care

He's reached the point where I'm not even sure he warrants being a squad player, he's been mostly crap for close to an entire calendar year.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He's reached the point where I'm not even sure he warrants being a squad player, he's been mostly crap for close to an entire calendar year.
One of the few positives from our lack of transfers in the summer is that we can fairly evaluate players that normally wouldn't play enough to be scrutinised. A player like McTominay is stepping up, while Lingard has folded from the pressure of being relied on as the main guy. It might have been unfair if he wasn't soon to be 27 years old. He should go to another club where he can get his career back on track, and we should give his spot as squad-player to Pereira. Gomes for Mata.

Stadjer

Wasnt worse than Pereira today.. that is all he offers.

Really no point in bringing him on and bring on someone like Greenwood (who might actually score) with only 10 minutes left.

T_Model101

Thought we actually improved when he came on and we started making a few more chances.
But naturally I expect he'll be the scapegoat as per usual

Based Adnan

Thought we actually improved when he came on and we started making a few more chances.
But naturally I expect he'll be the scapegoat as per usual
Which of the chances we created came about due to Lingard being subbed on?

Bwuk

We’d of been better putting Rojo on and sticking Maguire uptop. Lingard genuinely offers nothing anymore.

Ace of Spades

Did not do anything, at all. There was a moment in the end when Williams played a pass and there was space to shoot with his left foot when some room opened up, ofcourse he cut inside on his right and into a crowd of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.