g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jesse Lingard image 14

Jesse Lingard England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

Going to need him now with all the injuries and games we have. Ole need to do something with him to get him going. New instructions or just light some fire under him.
There are no new instructions to give him.

He's just shite.

He had one 6 week purple patch 2 years ago, other than that he's been hugely below standards.

Even with all the injuries and games I still wouldn't be playing him. A kid from the reserve teams could not be any worse than Jesse Lingard

ShinjiNinja26

One month ago I saw an ad of his brand in the Berlin metro. It seems that he has invested alot in this thing. However, i haven't seen anyone wearing it in Athens, northern Italy nor in Berlin. Maybe, he is trying to expand now.
Seen something a while ago saying he’d made losses in the hundreds of thousands after only recently launching the clothing line. Dunno how he’s fairing now though.

Based Adnan

Somehow blagged himself 193 appearances for Manchester United

Can't think of a worse player in recent years to recieve so many apps

Paul_Scholes18

He's just shite.

He had one 6 week purple patch 2 years ago, other than that he's been hugely below standards.

Even with all the injuries and games I still wouldn't be playing him. A kid from the reserve teams could not be any worse than Jesse Lingard
He played better under Jose and LVG. Under LVG it was defensive boring football without much creativity, but he still got some goals from the wing then and scored the Fa cup final winner.
Under Mourinho he did really well under his second season and was up and down during the first one since he rarely played.
Apart from Mourinhos second season he has not scored that many goals, but he has done other things well in terms of linking up with players and creating chances for others.

He can do much better than what he has shown recently. Ole is not getting much out of him and I do think a large part of that is his management.

lumeyes

Yeah, looks like Martial wasn't as good an option as I originally thought.
However the eventual weight of pass to James kills the move, like all his passes, underhit and taking the player away from the chance, not leading him into it.
It was because Lingard took an extra split second. If he has passed to Martial immediately, the two Arsenal defenders would have been under stress. The one to the left of Martial would have to commit a foul to stop him, except if Martial gave him a good chance, for example via a poor touch. Luiz would be the one with the main challenge of stopping Martial, but with James bearing down to his left, it would be tough for him. A composed Martial could dribble his way through, especially if Luiz decided to show his trademark passion. Also Martial could pass to James who would leave and already stressed Luiz behind. Arsenal ought to have received at least a serious scare there but they had Lingard on their side.

What Bugs me about this club is that the reason Lingard started the game on Wednesday and not Pereira is simply to help Lingard find some "form". We are conducting ourselves like a Charity organisation and not a football club.
The same reason reason he was played for 90 mins or so as a no 10 against Astana, denying Gomes the chance to get at least 30 mins in that position, or even 10. With Levitt and Garner showing some willingness to pass the ball forward that day, Gomes - someone they understand pretty well - playing infront of them could have made for a good viewing.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I missread the sun tweat as we were offering Lingard and new contract worth 45 million. I was like "What!"

LVGSdive

No, in simple terms.

Brendan Rodgers has already stated that no one will be leaving this month.
That usually means that the players are available for the right price.

Although Madison should wait for the end of the season to even think about coming here.

MrBest

You have to give the guy credit, 193 games for United with the ability of a league two player, on 100k plus a week (that is 2.7m after tax a year), social media star to the young, sponsors dream (more money) and potentially a new deal.

The guy is a genius in my eyes, made a real success of himself on a personal level. Awful awful player but with several medals. On a human level i hope he sorts his mental health out, it does not impact his ability as he has always been rubbish but it is important for his future and that of his family.

Fitchett

Imagine hating a person for having a business outside of his dayjob. It's like you think he's actually working there.
Yes, but the club pays him £100,000 per week, so he can focus on being a professional footballer, without having to worry about the need to supplement his income.

Crashoutcassius

He's just shite.

you'd think people would get bored posting the same thing in the same thread every day, but they dont

Ekeke

I have no idea if theres any truth to using him in a Maddison bid. Probably not. But thats exactly what we should be doing.

Lingard has been here a while and his level has dropped, so the quality of the team he plays for should as well. Give him a fresh start and a kick up the backside and maybe he can come good for someone else.

Very much doubt Leicester would be interested, but maybe we could use him in a bid for Grealish or if Ole still wants Rice or Longstaff, swap him there. Romero, Jones and Rojo should be other players we could use in transfers with clubs like Villa, Newcastle and West Ham

Adnan

Talent Spotter

"United are concerned the relationship may make it harder to hold onto Lingard"

Paul_Scholes18

Don't think many people are bothered if he leaves even for cheap. I guess it would make our squad super thin if Woodward just ignores it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
We all know how Raiola works so this could mean we will struggle to keep hold of him now. Wish Raiola would mind his business :(

Based Adnan

Hopefully Raiola does us a solid and gets this clown the feck away from the club

Worrying that the article says the club is worried he's linked up with Raiola as it "makes it harder to hold onto Lingard".

msra5kg2

He’s had half a season of “Messi Lingardinho” about him in god knows how many seasons. purely not good enough and in my eyes is a typical new generation (even given the fact he’s 26 not 21) concentrating too much on external ventures and girls than what he can do on the pitch. I also blame Ole who essentially gave him a Man Utd diplomatic immunity as soon as he’d joined by saying people like Jesse will always have a home at united. Let’s call it trust abused..

mattsville

He is not going to stay here, he is a player Ole said would be given a chance and his performances have been atrocious, I would be playing Garner, Gomes and Levitt instead of him at this stage.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Raiola : *Throws chair around* "Give him a better salary, this is a salary of my dog! more!"
Ed : "And what if I don't give him the raise?"
Raiola : "We'll go to Hull City"
Ed : "Thank you Mr. Fat Man, then to Hull He shall go"

van Nistelrooy

As if Lingard wasn't bad enough already. Now the useless toe-rag has Raiola behind him.

I'm done if United give this freeloader another contract. Absolute abysmal player stealing a wage and using the reputation of the club to better himself and his 'brand'.

GET OUT!!

mu4c_20le

Think he'd do well at Leicester tbh, maybe with less expectation and a more stable team. Imagine the uproar if it turns out to be another Maguire situation, where Madders struggles with us while he starts scoring (and dancing) regularly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.