Joe Rogan

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
This Vaccine doesn't actually stop you catching or spreading COVID though does it? it just helps defend you against the worst of the disease when you do get it.

Herd immunity will only happen once most of the world has had it, then a new variant will start just like the Flu.

COVID won't ever disappear, we can only help make it less dangerous.
Yes it does, to a high percentage.

Tarrou

This Vaccine doesn't actually stop you catching or spreading COVID though does it? it just helps defend you against the worst of the disease when you do get it.

Herd immunity will only happen once most of the world has had it, then a new variant will start just like the Flu.

COVID won't ever disappear, we can only help make it less dangerous.

they are still studying that but I read it cuts transmission rates by up to 50%

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
He's a bit of a dose when it comes to Covid alright. He was very freaked out by it at first, and then way too dismissive of it afterwards.. which is exactly what you'd do if you wanted to cause the most amount of traction thinking about it now.

I like Joe though. I'll sometimes throw his podcast on when I have a long drive and can't think of anything else to listen to.

Bosws87

Do they know if this is because of the newer strains?
Not strains its just to do with there is a small percentage chance of people going to hospital at any age with covid, so when the majority of the older population are vaccinated its going to predominately spread in the younger generation which means some will end up hospitalised.

If you read some of the articles instead of the horror inducing headlines they mention a 5% figure of people in their 30's ending up in hospital (presume this gets smaller as you drop down the age group vice versa) they also mention that most will recover and its considerably lower then the 20% chance of the higher age ranges.

It shows that the vaccines are highly effective, that's for sure.

Don't Kill Bill

My biggest problem with him is he tends to get guests on that agree with his world view. I don't expect to see him get a pro-vaccine doctor.
That is not the case.

He is being an idiot about getting vaccinated but I have seen him put on pro vaccine doctors including a very anti-anti vax doctor on his show.

This guy for example.

bsCallout

That is not the case.

He is being an idiot about getting vaccinated but I have seen him put on pro vaccine doctors including a very anti-anti vax doctor on his show.

This guy for example.

Thanks didn't see that. The majority of his guests are just there to support his opinion though. It was funny to see some of his comments in sections of this, compared to some stuff he has said since. He flip flops all over the place.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not strains its just to do with there is a small percentage chance of people going to hospital at any age with covid, so when the majority of the older population are vaccinated its going to predominately spread in the younger generation which means some will end up hospitalised.

If you read some of the articles instead of the horror inducing headlines they mention a 5% figure of people in their 30's ending up in hospital (presume this gets smaller as you drop down the age group vice versa) they also mention that most will recover and its considerably lower then the 20% chance of the higher age ranges.

It shows that the vaccines are highly effective, that's for sure.
That’s what covidiots like Rogan really struggle with. Even if only a tiny minority of <30s end up in hospital/ICU that translates to hundreds/thousands of critically ill young people if the virus runs riot. And it’s feck all comfort to them and their families hearing that most others their age only got a mild illness.

Plus he fixates on the idea that being fit and healthy guarantees a good outcome. Which is total bollox. The index case in Italy was a young triathlete, who ended up spending several months in ICU and came extremely close to dying many times.

Chairman Steve

I like that he loves to talk about Quake as someone who enjoyed Quake when they were younger and enjoys that era of FPS games, so it came as no surprise to me that he got John Carmack on for a show

Overall though I enjoy his show. It makes a change to your average talk show and he gets some pretty interesting people on and lets them talk.

Bosws87

I actually really like his podcasts and the conversations the one's with comedians can be absolutely hilarious and some of the space ones while some of the concepts are just to hard to comprehend are incredibly interesting.

His views on certain things also coincide with my opinions especially Cannabis and most drugs in general, but some of his opinions are trash and a load of shit, but that's life doesn't mean im right or he's wrong we all just think differently which is what makes life interesting.

I can see the logic on what he said about 21 year olds and vaccinations even if i don't agree i aint gonna shout off the rooftops calling for cancellation and censorship.

Spend plenty of countless hours in the summer in the countryside with his podcasts on a speaker and a beer in one hand and a spliff in the other its bliss.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
It's unscripted conversation with a broad range of people that can go on for hours. He and his guest's will have opinions that will be controversial at some point. Unless you prefer living a very protected life and have others decide what you get to hear, it's a risk you just have to allow for.

Think it's a great podcast. Don't have any strong opinion on Joe Rogan himself except him being really good at podcasting and get some really great people on every so often.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
It’s seems to have got worse and worse over the last few years. I used to listen to the podcast a lot 10 years ago, I’m sure there’s comments from me defending him in this thread, but I can’t see me ever listening to a podcast again.

I saw he’s friends with this rapper Zuby, who Red Issue keep retweeting about Covid denial stuff too.
I wrote a few pages back that Spotify have committed millions to someone who’s hardware is to old to update to the modern software standards.

He seems to have created the kind of echo chamber he used to rail against. Either unwittingly, or for money. Either reason doesn’t sit well with me so I never listen.

He’s evolved into exactly what he once hated. He runs a radio show that gives airtime to idiots with something to sell. He’s just an ageing media guy who gets used to push products.

mu4c_20le

He's about as interesting as listening to a youtuber, or the old bloke at the pub who always has an opinion on everything. Decent if you are bored I guess

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

For those who don't follow MMA, this is Sage Northcutt:

Wonder if he's the sort of healthy young person Rogan would have advised not to get a vaccine.

Dan_F

For those who don't follow MMA, this is Sage Northcutt:

Wonder if he's the sort of healthy young person Rogan would have advised not to get a vaccine.
According to the comments apparently his immune system was weak as he was training so hard. Or his body fat is too low. Either way, they don’t mean that kind of healthy.

Conor

It's hilarious that someone who has taken so many PEDs that their actual face has grown is preaching about not taking a vaccine that could save your/someone else's life.

OleBoiii

Joe Rogan: "I'm super left-leaning and would vote for Bernie Sanders"

Also Joe Rogan: "Peterson, Shapiro and Alex Jones are great guys"

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Joe Rogan: "I'm super left-leaning and would vote for Bernie Sanders"

Also Joe Rogan: "Peterson, Shapiro and Alex Jones are great guys"
It's almost like he invites high-profile people unto his show who have different opinions and political views. Shocking. Perhaps he doesn't play the guilt by association game. Maybe that's a reason why some people enjoy his podcasts.

OleBoiii

Did he say it like that?
He didn't lump them all together like that, but he's spoken very highly of all of them on separate occasions.

It's almost like he invites high-profile people unto his show who have different opinions and political views. Shocking. Perhaps he doesn't play the guilt by association game.
There's a pretty big jump from having a KKK member(for instance) on your podcast once to hear their perspective and inviting the person back several times and describing them as "great people" when they're not there.

The 3 I mentioned have such extreme views(maybe apart from Peterson, although I think he just hides it well) that I don't think a true leftie would describe them as "great guys". Alex Jones in particular, who frankly is insane.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
&quot;like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He didn't lump them all together like that, but he's spoken very highly of all of them on separate occasions.

There's a pretty big jump from having a KKK member(for instance) on your podcast once to hear their perspective and inviting the person back several times and describing them as "great people" when they're not there.

The 3 I mentioned have such extreme views(maybe apart from Peterson, although I think he just hides it well) that I don't think a true leftie would describe them as "great guys". Alex Jones in particular, who frankly is insane.
Alex Jones is a weird one. He seems a) clearly insane and b) an absolutely terrible person but Jon Ronson (who is 100% not a right winger) has previously stood up for him and seemed quite fond of him. He reckoned his whole shtick was an act. Although he’s rowed back on that recently.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Why does everything need to be so black and white? It's like Joe Rogan is in some way discredited as a human being because he is liberal and respects people who maybe have different views.
Rogan cannot be classified as a liberal.

He has some liberal political views, but he is far more centrist with a good dose of libertarianism.

cyberman

A little. He’s liberal politically, but more centrist on other matters with a strong dose of libertarianism.
This post is about 4 years out of date. He has spent the Trump presidency doing the whole I dont agree with him but nonsense while spreading misinformation about Biden and the Democrats every chance he gets. He literally cheered in his election show when Texas went red.
Even Bill Burr called him out on the MM pdcast. He said he'll be there for him when hes ready to publicly admit hes a hardcore republican.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This post is about 4 years out of date. He has spent the Trump presidency doing the whole I dont agree with him but nonsense while spreading misinformation about Biden and the Democrats every chance he gets. He literally cheered in his election show when Texas went red.
Even Bill Burr called him out on the MM pdcast. He said he'll be there for him when hes ready to publicly admit hes a hardcore republican.
I am not an avid listener to his podcast & often get what he says on YT / second party media, thus more sound bites.

I had no clue that he shifted that far too the right.

Has he shifted to Ben Shapiro levels of idiocy?

Gehrman

I agree that Alex Jones is not a good look. Personally I don't find Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson "extreme". Ben is just a pretty mainstream American jewish conservative who talks shit, which is pretty mainstream. Anyway I don't personally object to having nutjobs on podcasts. It's a bit like if I had David Icke on a show, it doesn't actually mean I endorse his views, but there might be some who find entertaintment value in listening to nutters. I don't know if he has described someone like Alex Jones as a great guy, but I think there is just a level of professional courtesy where you don't go out of your way to insult the guests you have and have had on your show.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
I agree that Alex Jones is not a good look. Personally I don't find Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson "extreme". Ben is just a pretty mainstream American jewish conservative. Anyway I don't personally object to having nutjobs on podcasts. It's a bit like if I had David Icke on a show, it doesn't actually mean I endorse his views, but there might be some who find entertaintment value in listening to nutters. I don't know if he has described someone like Alex Jones has a great guy, but I think there is just a level of professional courtesy where you don't go out of your way to insult the guests you have and have had on your show.
Exactly. The fact that they're still on YouTube at all is a testament to that probably :lol: Alex Jones I think got banned years back though.

cyberman

I am not an avid listener to his podcast & often get what he says on YT / second party media, thus more sound bites.

I had no clue that he shifted that far too the right.

Has he shifted to Ben Shapiro levels of idiocy?
Yep, but he pretends he isnt. The amount of times he would pay lip service to criticising Trump and the GOP to then needlessly going after the left because both sides are as bad as each other was eye opening. He does the BBC trick of only being misinformed and spreading lies when the story paints democrats in a bad light. Never the other way around.
I only listen here and there to him for a while now but his move to Texas seems to have turned him completey to the right. He flat out said he would vote for Trump over Biden. The pretense is gone.

Gehrman

Exactly. The fact that they're still on YouTube at all is a testament to that probably :lol: Alex Jones I think got banned years back though.
I don't want to turn this into a JP thread since we already got a few, but I've only listened to some hour long interviews and debates with JP and to be honest I dont get this whole "He's a closet Nazi" vibe. I see him as an eccentric psychologist who's managed to get too big a platform and is out of his depth when he for instance talks about marxism and well has some weird eating habits. It would be strange to me if someone like him was banned from youtube.