Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Art the artist
Weird that so many people rate him as highly this year. His technique is still with him but he has become a bit slower and gets muscled out way too often. His position along with our fullbacks are going to need replacing next summer.

Devil may care

I thought he started off quite brightly but faded out as the half went on and was invisible in the second half.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Watching the highlights of his time at Chelsea maybe. He has not been that creative force for Utd, has the odd moment of magic but is generally far too safe with the ball. This might sound odd but I do not trust so-called creative players who maintain as high a passing% as he does, to me at least it suggests an unwillingness to take the risks needed.

He is a brilliant finisher and a fine continuity player but this should be his last season at Utd. Need to find someone more explosive on that right side.
I don't care about his time at Chelsea. That was eons ago. When he is not playing alongside Herrera, he does nothing in a game. He has no creativity.

PepsiCola

We look a bit dull without him starting.

Case in point, stoke.

Underappreciated.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Tasty footballer with vision. Very good stint tonight esp. in the early stages, to kind of unnerve them and get a bit of penetration. People don't know sh1t, frankly.

Dobbs

Big fan but he's nowhere near enough on the right. Playing him there takes away all his strengths and exacerbates his weaknesses.

He should be duelling it out with Mikhi for the No.10 spot.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Started the season slowly it seems. Might be remembering it wrong here, but he was making more runs into the box last season and linked up with the strikers more. Hopefully it's just a slow start and he kicks on soon

lawliet354

I thought he started off quite brightly but faded out as the half went on and was invisible in the second half.
Should've gone off with at least one assist tonight, faded in the second half a bit.
I feel like this is the case for every of his performance this year, pulling something amazing in the first half, then you'd expect him to do more in second half just to see him disappearing

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Would much rather see Mkhi right and Mata central in games where we are set to control.

Mkhi has the ability to go inside or out and has a bit of pace. He tends to dawdle on the ball and will be punished less for that out wide where there is more room.

Mata is definitely the superior goalscorer and is superior in crowded spaces on the pitch.

I can see why you would play Mkhi centrally away or when playing on the counter, but would otherwise much prefer it be the other way around.

Sylar

Not his best game, but I think he adds a lot to us and helps us in attack even if statistically hes not contributing.

Denis79

So seldom to see him do any serious mistakes. Very mature player with good technique and vision. Underrated by many fans imo.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant half from him. Should've had an assist and has been involved in every attack for us

Home&Away

Everyone complains about him - but he is the apart from matic that can interlink the midfield to attack by a simple pass.

Ace of Spades

He has been great, such a smart player with and without the ball. Also, stop ignoring his runs ffs.

Obiorahking_

I knew I wasn't crazy to think that he was playing well. People in the match thread keep saying he is playing poorly when in fact he has been the one moving the ball forward and making intelligent runs

acnumber9

He's been our best player. It's a shame he's not playing in the centre where everything Mkhitaryan has touched has turned to shite.

Hed Zitin

He's been better than Mikh, but these two really need to start scoring some goals. They don't look close to doing so. We need those extra goals or it'll be like last season.

klayton88

Was he giving Rashford a bollocking in the first half? Thought it may have been the ref at first.

MeUnited

For anyone who thinks he's playing bad. I want you to count every time he moves the ball first time. He is the key to us playing nice football, actually moves the ball quickly and gets inbetween the lines because of it. Players like Rashford, Matic, Fellaini always want two or three touches just to pass it sideways or backwards.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So, he is one of our better players on the pitch, if not the best, and he gets subbed off while Mkhi plays like shit entire game and stays, and people criticise Mata for being inconsistent and not good enough later in the games. Mourinho has constantly been subbing him off towards the end for no reason ever since he came here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So, he is one of our better players on the pitch, if not the best, and he gets subbed off while Mkhi plays like shit entire game and stays, and people criticise Mata for being inconsistent and not good enough later in the games. Mourinho has constantly been subbing him off towards the end for no reason ever since he came here.
He was subbed out to bring some defensive player, Mkhitarayan isn't subbed off as his work rate is awesome and he is always a threat on counter. Not sure why people moan about people getting subbed out, it's not like Jose is retiring Mata from the game. It's just a change based on how game is going on.

anant

He was subbed out to bring some defensive player, Mkhitarayan isn't subbed off as his work rate is awesome and he is always a threat on counter. Not sure why people moan about people getting subbed out, it's not like Jose is retiring Mata from the game. It's just a change based on how game is going on.
What?! It's just Mata's reputation from Chelsea days that he doesn't help in defence. Of all our attackers, it's Mata who works the hardest and its hardly up for debate

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What?! It's just Mata's reputation from Chelsea days that he doesn't help in defence. Of all our attackers, it's Mata who works the hardest and its hardly up for debate
There isn't a player who covered more ground than Mkhitaryan vs Basel, he ran 12 KMs. Didn't say Mata doesn't help, it's just Mkhitaryan's work rate is better. There is a big difference in what I said and what you concluded.

saivet

Has he got any goals or assist this season?

Feel like he hasn't produced the stats, but I've been impressed with him this season.

anant

There isn't a player who covered more ground than Mkhitaryan vs Basel, he ran 12 KMs. Didn't say Mata doesn't help, it's just Mkhitaryan's work rate is better. There is a big difference in what I said and what you concluded.
The reason that Mkhi's work rate is awesome cannot be a reason that he gets to stay on the pitch over Mata as Mata definitely works harder.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Has he got any goals or assist this season?

Feel like he hasn't produced the stats, but I've been impressed with him this season.
Yep. He's been better than Mkhi in general play but Mkhi is the one getting goals and assists.

Roboc7

He played pretty well but right decision to take him off as he isn't enough of a threat on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.