Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
L
No, him and Pep are very different. Klopp's best games always comes against teams which have a go at them because it suits his counterattack in style. Sit back and defend and his teams look bereft of ideas. I have been saying it for weeks that unless he has learnt new tricks, they won't have the smooth ride their fans expect.

Pep is the opposite. His teams want the ball, keep it and rip you apart. He is the best our there a club can get.
I'm not talking styles, just their respective standings with United fans. The start Klopp has had should be a wake up call.

m1y2

Joining midseason made zero sense. Players are going to need an entire preseason to understand his system and he needed to be able to bring in some players of his own. Maybe he will figure it out next season.
It made sense, they snatched him before us because we were so patient to give LVG time. Wouldnt be right to sack LVG after one season but if Klopp was acquirable at this tim before christmass then we would have definitely made contact with him by now.

Agree it will take time for the players to adapt, he might be hit and miss this season but we will see still think he will come good for them..very early to judge him now. anyways three nil against watford is brutal, as well as that watford is a single point behind us

Litch

Welcome to the prem. There's something very unstable about this man..

Acole9

Outstanding
His start has not been overly impressive. Don't get me wrong I like the guy but he made a fool out of himself by not shaking Pulis' or the West Brom coaching staffs hand and also that salute to the kop last week was really small time and an embarrassment.

Enigma_87

You know who
His start has not been overly impressive. Don't get me wrong I like the guy but he made a fool out of himself by not shaking Pulis' or the West Brom coaching staffs hand and also that salute to the kop last week was really small time and an embarrassment.

Putting it mildly. So far he has 3 impressive games - against Soton in CC, Chelsea and City away. Apart from that I think they were far from convincing even in their wins in Prem and EL and his last 4 games were pretty shocking - 2 points and 2-7 GD against Watford, Newcastle, Sion and West Brom.

All in all I don't think he'll take the transition to the Prem too well.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Are you referring to the Real and Barca games when he was with Bayern? You make it sound like his teams got ripped apart by teams his equal on a consistent basis which is blatantly untrue.
Two years in a row with comparable emberassment is as consistent as it gets in two years.

His Barca side in particular took the piss walking big games. Remember the 2 CL finals where we were outplayed or the numerous el classicos?
That was with a superior squad.

Edit: Who are the manager's you consider better than Guardiola?
I think a manager in general should be judged on his ability to beat equal squads and to challenge superior squads. That's what some managers can do and that's why they get paid huge wages. I recognize his craftsmanship but I don't see his style adding to the quality of his players, he can make them look terribly good, but that's different from actually making them more succesful. Therefor one has to beat the best and then the tactics and style have to make the product more than the sum of it's parts in those matches. With his style I don't see it happening, because if you demand perfection in control and possession, players can't play at the edge of their technical ability, and therefore not be as dangerous as they could be. He's obviously talented, so if he would make different choices it could get interesting. But so far, against the best he has underachieved or was just on par.

So he wouldn't make my top 5, but if you're PSG or Bayern and you want to entertain the crowds and cruise to titles against inferior competition and don't mind about other clubs with brilliant squads winning the CL, it's a good choice.

C'est Moi Cantona

He's too good to fail long term, but like LvG I reckon he's underestimated just how hard it is to win games in the premiership, let's hope Pep does similar (if he goes to City that is).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's too good to fail long term, but like LvG I reckon he's underestimated just how hard it is to win games in the premiership, let's hope Pep does similar (if he goes to City that is).
what is failing long term though? Not hitting top 4, not winning the league?

He has to overpower City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Us to get top 4. That's a big ask, even with us being crap recently, and Chelsea dropping out of it this year, Leicester and Tottenham won't be strolled past.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Two years in a row with comparable emberassment is as consistent as it gets in two years.

I think a manager in general should be judged on his ability to beat equal squads and to challenge superior squads. That's what some managers can do and that's why they get paid huge wages. I recognize his craftsmanship but I don't see his style adding to the quality of his players, he can make them look terribly good, but that's different from actually making them more succesful. Therefor one has to beat the best and then the tactics and style have to make the product more than the sum of it's parts in those matches. With his style I don't see it happening, because if you demand perfection in control and possession, players can't play at the edge of their technical ability, and therefore not be as dangerous as they could be. He's obviously talented, so if he would make different choices it could get interesting. But so far, against the best he has underachieved or was just on par.

So he wouldn't make my top 5, but if you're PSG or Bayern and you want to entertain the crowds and cruise to titles against inferior competition and don't mind about other clubs with brilliant squads winning the CL, it's a good choice.
I also want to hear your list of managers better than Guardiola.

C'est Moi Cantona

what is failing long term though? Not hitting top 4, not winning the league?

He has to overpower City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Us to get top 4. That's a big ask, even with us being crap recently, and Chelsea dropping out of it this year, Leicester and Tottenham won't be strolled past.
If he's given proper funds in the summer he'll get them going properly imo, no he probably won't win the league with them but who could? If can get top 4 whilst playing some decent stuff I would define that as a success given the competition there is the prem, and I think he'll do it next season, maybe even with a trophy on top at some point too.

He will then move on to Madrid or Bayern and have the proper platform to really show how good he is, for me Liverpool is stepping stone.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If he's given proper funds in the summer he'll get them going properly imo, no he probably won't win the league with them but who could? If can get top 4 whilst playing some decent stuff I would define that as a success given the competition there is the prem, and I think he'll do it next season, maybe even with a trophy on top at some point too.

He will then move on to Madrid or Bayern and have the proper platform to really show how good he is, for me Liverpool is stepping stone.[/QUOTE]

oh they won't like that :lol:

fallengt

He will then move on to Madrid or Bayern and have the proper platform to really show how good he is, for me Liverpool is stepping stone.
If he'd wanted Madrid or Bayern job or even United's, he could just have waited for another year...
Seem like he's not a fan of big clubs to me.

C'est Moi Cantona

If he'd wanted Madrid or Bayern job or even United's, he could just have waited for another year...
Seem like he's not a fan of big clubs to me.
Don't agree I reckon he wants Bayern long term but he knew they didn't want him...yet.

He maybe got impatient, United seemingly locked up for a good while, Madrid just taken on a new guy, Chelsea taken for the foreseeable etc, so just jumped in with both feet with Liverpool reared its head, personally think he could be regretting it now, but still think he'll so well there and then move on.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sky showing Klopp gets same points in first 9 games as Rodgers did in his first 8.

Rodgers had donkey Carroll while Suarez was banned for doing something silly I think.

I'm approaching Klopp with eyes wide open. God knows we have our false dawns and corners.

prarek

Honestly thought he would do a lot better. But next season would be the one to judge him.

Distracted Steward

This reminds me of high school.

Hot girl starts dating a guy you don't like...

...so, now "Never wanted her anyway! She's ugly!"

ZDwyr

He looked furious on the touchline at times. I think this will be the game where he fully realises that the squad is missing a lot of quality.

Varun

Staff
L

I'm not talking styles, just their respective standings with United fans. The start Klopp has had should be a wake up call.
That's fair, both have been heralded as the messiah here.

Varun

Staff

Still waiting for the names of those you consider better mate.

Btw, he went out of the CL vs 2 top sides. End of the day though, it's still a cup competition and one he has won plenty of times with Barca. The first win was with a side that he made one of the best ever. He wasn't handed that side to him. In any case, the Real sides he consistently beat in the league was a top side, don't you agree? Even if CL results are a huge parameter, he has done better than most. Harsh to brush him off because he went out twice in the late stages to eventual winners. Do you rate Sir Alex low as well because of his lack of European trophies with the side he had during the late 2000s especially when he had a top team?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
While seeing his meltdowns are funny, judging him fairly will be when he's brought some players of his choice and implemented the football he wants to play.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I don't think he'll be a success, he was found out at Dortmund by teams who sat deep and parked the bus. Half the PL is made up of teams like that and he is going to have a really hard time against that. Doesn't seem like a manager who will change his style either. Liverpool just don't have the players to counteract that and grind out results either. I don't see them getting much better than they were under Rodgers.

MrPooni

Yeah, the second Klopp was appointed I argued he'd struggle over the Christmas period simply because managers of his ilk tend to be ill-equipped to deal with this aspect of the Premier League. The same can be argued for Van Gaal who still looks like he's struggling to wrap his head around it.

fallengt

Don't agree I reckon he wants Bayern long term but he knew they didn't want him...yet.

He maybe got impatient, United seemingly locked up for a good while, Madrid just taken on a new guy, Chelsea taken for the foreseeable etc, so just jumped in with both feet with Liverpool reared its head, personally think he could be regretting it now, but still think he'll so well there and then move on.
It's hard to tell but for what we know big clubs sack their manager all the time. You're having a laugh if you I think that fat Spanish waiter will survive till August.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Still waiting for the names of those you consider better mate.
Simeone, Klopp, Enrique, Van Gaal, Conte...

Btw, he went out of the CL vs 2 top sides.
That can happen, it was the way it happened. He should be able to challenge them, but was humiliated twice.

End of the day though, it's still a cup competition and one he has won plenty of times with Barca. The first win was with a side that he made one of the best ever. He wasn't handed that side to him. In any case, the Real sides he consistently beat in the league was a top side, don't you agree? Even if CL results are a huge parameter, he has done better than most. Harsh to brush him off because he went out twice in the late stages to eventual winners.
Don't forget the times he magically didn't go out and it was not because his side was brilliant or even played better. If that Barca squad had a manager who made the product more than the sum of it's parts, they would have won even more and they would have done it more convincingly.

The fact is that he still got to match a season like his predecessors Heynkes and Van Gaal at Bayern, and his successor at Barcelona has no trouble matching him. The common factor seems to be that they all bother less about perfection, and leave more for players to try things that are at the edge of their ability. If he's such a great manager, how come?

Do you rate Sir Alex low as well because of his lack of European trophies with the side he had during the late 2000s especially when he had a top team?
I think he did very well to win one, of course he had the single most important player for a team in a very long time in the history of European football in Ronaldo, but it takes skill to make that work. Imo United almost always has been short on class players compared to their European rivals, and it's difficult to have a team that's well suited for the PL and the CL at the same time. I think it's fair to say that he managed to grind out a couple of cups, instead of beeing the result of supremacy or class. It's also been numerous times that United looked a bit clumsy against the fluidity of some of the opposition in the CL, and not only the great clubs, with the score line quite flattering to mask the difficulties with more modern football. I can't remember a year when United got into the semi's of the CL and I didn't consider them the underdog. I like underdogs to win in general, but I don't agree with the notion that United is among Europe's elite, United has been clinging on for years, decades even, and has fallen out of it a few years ago.

Varun

Staff
Simeone, Klopp, Enrique, Van Gaal, Conte...

That can happen, it was the way it happened. He should be able to challenge them, but was humiliated twice.

Don't forget the times he magically didn't go out and it was not because his side was brilliant or even played better. If that Barca squad had a manager who made the product more than the sum of it's parts, they would have won even more and they would have done it more convincingly.

The fact is that he still got to match a season like his predecessors Heynkes and Van Gaal at Bayern, and his successor at Barcelona has no trouble matching him. The common factor seems to be that they all bother less about perfection, and leave more for players to try things that are at the edge of their ability. If he's such a great manager, how come?

I think he did very well to win one, of course he had the single most important player for a team in a very long time in the history of European football in Ronaldo, but it takes skill to make that work. Imo United almost always has been short on class players compared to their European rivals, and it's difficult to have a team that's well suited for the PL and the CL at the same time. I think it's fair to say that he managed to grind out a couple of cups, instead of beeing the result of supremacy or class. It's also been numerous times that United looked a bit clumsy against the fluidity of some of the opposition in the CL, and not only the great clubs, with the score line quite flattering to mask the difficulties with more modern football. I can't remember a year when United got into the semi's of the CL and I didn't consider them the underdog. I like underdogs to win in general, but I don't agree with the notion that United is among Europe's elite, United has been clinging on for years, decades even, and has fallen out of it a few years ago.
Can't look past the names you mentioned and then take the post very seriously mate, no offence.
Better than Pep?

Very harsh not putting Big Sam there.
:lol:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I don't think he's underestimated anything. I think he's just inherited a laughably bad squad. I don't think there's any player there that I'd consider a properly good player and I include the wildly overrated Coutinho in that.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Can't look past the names you mentioned and then take the post very seriously mate, no offence.
I'm sure I could say the same thing about your list of five, but I'm not interested in asking for things like that and put a remark without any substance under it. Yes, I do take offence, not because you don't agree, but for the false pretence.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
well then why have most of the Caf been raving about the man?
Logically, I think people are considering what he did a few years ago. They are using that as a basis for his high rating as a manager.
Recently though, he hasn't been great and I dont think anybody can argue with that.