Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
So what was your take on Dalglish and his handling of the whole 'Suarez is a racist' issue?
; )
Should have been handled better. Suarez was the real guilty party in all of this because him not shaking Evras' hand reflected worse on Kenny than it did himself. Especially because Kenny defended him quite passionately, it was a slap in the face from the player. The t-shirt was the absolute cherry on top and it meant that even if the player was punished harshly and the club apologised we were going to be labelled 'racist' because of a misguided act of solidarity. Shit happens, we aren't the first club to make a PR screw up.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Should have been handled better. Suarez was the real guilty party in all of this because him not shaking Evras' hand reflected worse on Kenny than it did himself. Especially because Kenny defended him quite passionately, it was a slap in the face from the player. The t-shirt was the absolute cherry on top and it meant that even if the player was punished harshly and the club apologised we were going to be labelled 'racist' because of a misguided act of solidarity. Shit happens, we aren't the first club to make a PR screw up.
I say you are, and that you owe each individual member on this forum a written apology. I'll have mine whenever.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
His worshippers never fail to criticize us too. Klopp is a clown, he's shown it enough, even some fans who don't particularly hate Liverpool finds him stupid.
Well that settles it, I guess.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's cute how annoyed Liverpool fans are that not everyone is inclined to clean out the butthole of that tramp.

fellaini's barber

Remember when he complained about our long balls then played Matip up top for hoofball a few days later? The mans lack of self awareness is baffling

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I find it strange how Klopp believes Atletico put any worth in a friendly trophy.

They were just playing pre-season in their normal style, which is very defensive and reactive. Wouldn't be very logical to mix things up in pre-season and divert from what they've been doing for a few seasons.

Absolute clown. Learn to adapt a plan-b and you might not find yourself caught out like that.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Klopp says something that RedCaf doesn't like --> hysterics over absolutely ziltch.
What point are you actually trying to make here? What he's said is obviously ridiculous, hence it's being ridiculed by the people most likely to ridicule it. The odd thing is that you seem to think it's more appropriate to ignore it than ridicule it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I find it strange how Klopp believes Atletico put any worth in a friendly trophy.

They were just playing pre-season in their normal style, which is very defensive and reactive. Wouldn't be very logical to mix things up in pre-season and divert from what they've been doing for a few seasons.

Absolute clown. Learn to adapt a plan-b and you might not find yourself caught out like that.
Simeone seemed to care considering his reactions to the goal and the winning penalty.

nyanza

I had some worries that he might achieve something when he got there but damn. That man and Liverpool are just made for each other. :D

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Simeone seemed to care considering his reactions to the goal and the winning penalty.
Klopp definitely, judging by his loser attitude and comments afterwards. He'd have said nothing like that otherwise.

I had some worries that he might achieve something when he got there but damn. That man and Liverpool are just made for each other. :D
There is something in Liverpool that makes the most sane coach go insane and delusional.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp definitely, judging by his loser attitude and comments afterwards. He'd have said nothing like that otherwise.
I think he's guilty of not thinking before he speaks, especially in post match interviews but also in general.

Some of his comments read like the sort of daft things we're all guilty of saying as fans, excuse making etc.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
What point are you actually trying to make here? What he's said is obviously ridiculous, hence it's being ridiculed by the people most likely to ridicule it. The odd thing is that you seem to think it's more appropriate to ignore it than ridicule it.
But it's not 'ridiculous', is it? That kind of language is such an overreaction. It's hyperbole.

It's the exact equivalent of saying a team came to park the bus...which I think José coined in his first spell at Chelsea. He's saying Atletico simply got their goal and tried to kill the game. 100 managers will offer the same complaint this season. His turn of phrase is idiosyncratic but not ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is the reaction to it. The pretence that he's unstable or mad.

He's one of the best coaches in Europe but he gets on the nerves of certain rival fans. Which is normal. That's the long and short of it, really. For some reason I'm supposed to join in and ridicule it when it was a nothing everyday comment.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

It was 1-1.

Verbalkint

Utter clown.
Yeah, they call it 'passion' when he yells in the face of a linesman and showers him with spit.

If Jose tried to pull something like that he'd probably be given a 3-4 match ban at least.

Klopp's certainly a loose cannon, gets comical at times.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's the exact equivalent of saying a team came to park the bus...which I think José coined in his first spell at Chelsea. He's saying Atletico simply got their goal and tried to kill the game. 100 managers will offer the same complaint this season. His turn of phrase is idiosyncratic but not ridiculous.
On it's own, it might not be ridiculous. But considering, this has been a preceded by a series of other stupid stuff (and in some cases disrespectful remarks) and the fact that this was a fecking friendly makes it looks ridiculous. Also, there's no need to bring in Jose every time someone has a go at Klopp.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
On it's own, it might not be ridiculous. But considering, this has been a preceded by a series of other stupid stuff (and in some cases disrespectful remarks) and the fact that this was a fecking friendly makes it looks ridiculous. Also, there's no need to bring in Jose every time someone has a go at Klopp.
I don't care what José says, but the comparison felt apposite in the context.

iHicksy

To all the Liverpool fans saying "well you didn't dislike him before he become Liverpool Manager". No, you're right, the majority of us didn't and this is why.

When he was managing Dortmund we had absolutely no visibility of his antics or behaviour, all most of us saw was a Dortmund team which occasionally managed to knock Bayern off of their perch with some lovely counter attacking, if ultimately flawed football. It was great to watch his Dortmund team in Europe and watch an expensively relatively unchallenged Bayern team get beaten.

However, now we have localised media coverage of him berating officials and get see his cringe worthy interviews. We also get to see up close his face contorted in rage on the sidelines, not only screaming at fourth officials but now going out of his way to bring up Manchester United in interviews to try and cover his shortcomings. He brought up an offiside assist and now blathers on about us beating Ajax completely out of the blue. When we bought Pogba he said something along the lines of "the day we spend that much on a footballer is the day I quit football that's not how I work" and then they go and bid 80mil on Keita. He comes across as a hypocrite and he's making himself a target for rival fans with comments like this and inviting ire and dislike. Add to that his cringey celebration of draws at Norwich et al and he becomes a figure of comic relief.

It's not like we're suddenly hating on him purely because he got the Liverpool gig, it's a combination of the above.

Acole9

Outstanding
I can't believe he had the front to say that. This guy really does have no shame.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
To all the Liverpool fans saying "well you didn't dislike him before he become Liverpool Manager". No, you're right, the majority of us didn't and this is why.

When he was managing Dortmund we had absolutely no visibility of his antics or behaviour, all most of us saw was a Dortmund team which occasionally managed to knock Bayern off of their perch with some lovely counter attacking, if ultimately flawed football. It was great to watch his Dortmund team in Europe and watch an expensively relatively unchallenged Bayern team get beaten.

However, now we have localised media coverage of him berating officials and get see his cringe worthy interviews. We also get to see up close his face contorted in rage on the sidelines, not only screaming at fourth officials but now going out of his way to bring up Manchester United in interviews to try and cover his shortcomings. He brought up an offiside assist and now blathers on about us beating Ajax completely out of the blue. When we bought Pogba he said something along the lines of "the day we spend that much on a footballer is the day I quit football that's not how I work" and then they go and bid 80mil on Keita. He comes across as a hypocrite and he's making himself a target for rival fans with comments like this and inviting ire and dislike. Add to that his cringey celebration of draws at Norwich et al and he becomes a figure of comic relief.

It's not like we're suddenly hating on him purely because he got the Liverpool gig, it's a combination of the above.
Perfectly said

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Hoffenheim in the qualifier. Probably the toughest opposition we could have got but at least it's not a trip to Turkey.

Robbie Boy

Yeah spot on although I found him an annoying nob even before he became their manager. Was never a fan of his whole uber cool persona that he puts one. His Dortmund team were fun to watch, though.

Robertd0803

Exactly. Well said.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Perfectly put.

CG1010

Did he really say he will quit football if he had to spend Pogba's worth of money on someone?:lol: Clearly a message to the board - don't pressurize him into spending money or he quits.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Did he really say he will quit football if he had to spend Pogba's worth of money on someone?:lol: Clearly a message to the board - don't pressurize him into spending money or he quits.
Yet they were, apparently, prepared to spend more than 75% of that amount on a player that no one had heard of until they were in for him. We spent a World record fee on one of the hottest prospects in World football.