g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Of course, Liverpool aren't used to winning trophies. Better try playing football.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
They've won the poll on the Mirror article on Bernardo SIlva though! :lol:

Red Digger

Of course, Liverpool aren't used to winning trophies. Better try playing football.
It's much easier to play football than win trophies. It's already a bit of job preservation from Klopp. If he can keep the La La lads happy with some nice football he has a job for years.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's much easier to play football than win trophies. It's already a bit of job preservation from Klopp. If he can keep the La La lads happy with some nice football he has a job for years.
La la lads :lol:

Kant-ona

I still think that his comments on the "222 mio-Neymar" story were perfect and much better than most comments of other coaches.

NoLogo

I highly doubt so. My Dad is a Bayern fan and he loves him, it seems that most Bayern fans on here always defend him as well.
Really? Maybe now that he left they discovered they have sweet spot for him but all the Bayern fans I know, luckily only 5 :p really hated him when he was still Dortmund manager. Just one of them still wanted him as a Bayern manager when he had won the league twice with Dortmund.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Remind me how many members on this forum again, and you pulled out 4 examples? If you are going to claim 'most' then back it up with an example from each of the majority of members, an absolute monster of a task I know, but don't make this claim with piss poor so called evidence from 4 posters.
i could have quoted a couple more but i din't want to be boring. The general atmosphere here was, as i remember "darn Pool got him, he would have been really good for us"

cyberman

Looks like the VVD deal is dead if he's resorted to attempted conference boosters like this

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Liverpool's owners are obviously incredibly tight which is what leads Klopp to spew bollocks like that. The fact is, bar 3 very decent attacking midfield players they have an average XI and a piss poor squad and completely overachieved last season. Klopp did a very good job and I reckon they risk losing him unless they give him some serious money to spend.

I remember between 2009-2011 Sir Alex would come out with rubbish like that when we weren't spending money. We obviously needed investment in the midfield and hadn't replaced Ronaldo atalland he was saying the squad was fine. The Glazers probably knew Fergie would keep the fans happy winning stuff without having to give him much money because he was such a fantastic manager. As much as Sir Alex will deny it he obviously had his hands tied back then.

On a much smaller scale I think that's what is happening with Liverpool. They will still challenge for the top 4 regardless of that garbage defence and I reckon that's all FSG care about is top 4.

I have to admit I'm coming out with all this with an suggestive, outsider view. I don't tend to look at Liverpool that closely and if anyone who does thinks I'm spewing complete bollocks feel free to mention. But, Klopp coming out with that when they obviously need to spend to improve on last season tells me that he isn't getting much financial backing from those owners. I bet they're done for the Summer.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
As I said in another thread tonight, he's bigger than the club at this stage - they can't get anyone nearly as good as him and they know it. Klopp has their balls and the yanks will dance to his tune rather than risk him walking.

Even the huge profit they can make on Pip won't change the fact that Klopp calls the shots there. Henry is effectively his bitch.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Oh my! Just seen that article. Klopp is definitely on MD. I'm convinced now.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Man, if I were Klopp and Coutinho was sold, I'd be sick. It's like Dortmund all over again. Selling his best players.

automaticflare

Fair play to Klopp if the story is true

Whether he will stick to his guns is another question. I still think coutinho will go and he is overrated. I would take the money.

He knows he has the fans backing on this without doubt so it is an easy one for him to put his kneck out for.

Oh imagine the scenes if this happens........

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
I understand that managers only care about the football side of things, and that it is very popular among fans to blame owners for everything, but they offered 70m for each of Keita and VVD and the clubs don't want to sell. That is more than a fair valuation imo.

Fans can't expect everyone to operate like PSG/City and buy whoever they want regardless if it makes business sense or not.

Maybe the fault lies with Klopp for not having backup targets? Unless he does and I'm not aware.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I dislike the **** around Guardiola and all but that statement simply isn't correct. Klopp doesn't have the record to back up the hype surrounding him. He's won nowhere near as much as the elite managers.
Both of them are overrated!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He doesn't spend hundreds of millions nor have the best players at his disposal yet is able to develop a good brand of football with the players he has at his disposition, without complaining or recycling his entire team.

EyeInTheSky

I hope he doesn't get sacked for crying about selling players because then the la la lads will have an excuse for the next 100 years "if the board had not sold the worlds greatest ever player then we would have dominated"

I want to see them delude themselves year on year.

tomaldinho1

I hope he doesn't get sacked for crying about selling players because then the la la lads will have an excuse for the next 100 years "if the board had not sold the worlds greatest ever player then we would have dominated"

I want to see them delude themselves year on year.
You will see that every year regardless!

Klopp's style of football requires a winter break + a less competitive league. If he had City's spending power it might work but it's clear he doesn't and I think he's realizing just how financially competitive the PL is (City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton's new found wealth) compared to his time at Dortmund where it was all about beating one team.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Jurgen Klopp: There aren't five better centre-halves than what we already have at Liverpool

“Look out there and tell me five that would make us stronger. Five. Then you win a prize. It’s difficult how it is,” said Klopp.

“We have four. I don’t think we need more. In the moment I’m fine. We are open until August 31. We cannot force the things and we would never get a centre back just because (of the sake of it).
Klopp is at it again, read more here.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Imagine if he spent the same amount of time organising his defence as he does running his mouth in the media.