Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I really liked him at Dortmund and was absolutely gutted when he went to Liverpool.

He had them playing good football and reached two cup finals in his first season (granted he lost both). Then they mounted a early title challenge last season and I think many of us started to worry a little last December.

Now I see a manager who just doesn't adapt and thinks he can work miracles. Either that or the club won't give him the money he requires to buy a goalie and some defenders. But if that was the case I think he would of walked by now.

How can you go into a second season after using Milner at LB last season because Moreno was so bad. Then revert back to Moreno after a good pre-season? Even more laughable when they were offered £11m for the turd and didn't accept it. Then he buys Karius to replace Mignolet. He isn't good enough so goes back to yet another player he didn't think was good enough 12 months ago?!?
The money is there but don't think he has replacement targets for the ones we have gone for. Totally agree with your comments on Moreno and Migs.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I really liked him at Dortmund and was absolutely gutted when he went to Liverpool.

He had them playing good football and reached two cup finals in his first season (granted he lost both). Then they mounted a early title challenge last season and I think many of us started to worry a little last December.

Now I see a manager who just doesn't adapt and thinks he can work miracles. Either that or the club won't give him the money he requires to buy a goalie and some defenders. But if that was the case I think he would of walked by now.

How can you go into a second season after using Milner at LB last season because Moreno was so bad. Then revert back to Moreno after a good pre-season? Even more laughable when they were offered £11m for the turd and didn't accept it. Then he buys Karius to replace Mignolet. He isn't good enough so goes back to yet another player he didn't think was good enough 12 months ago?!?
Money is there, but no top tier wants to play for Liverpool, they need to do a city and break that 200k-300k pw salary bracket to bring top players in. And once they do that, the whole club will start to wobble and suddenly everyone will want a bumper contract, so its not going to happen. People think its almost always about the transfer funds, no that goes into the pockets of the selling club, the players are more interested in the overblown wages that accompanying the switch.

Long may this continue. How long has it been for them? 26, 27 years?

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
So is it Klopp or FSG thats shite with transfers?
The fact that we don't seem to be linked with any other players either suggests that negotiations are taking place in private with potential candidates, or Klopp had a very short wish list & didn't consider any other alternatives. If it's the latter & we end up taking a couple of steps back this season then serious questions need to be asked about his suitability as manager.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Everton are spending money though, you lot arent.
They aren't spending money though.

We have tried to but it' not happened. Iam not getting involved in a discussion as to why we have no other targets .

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Salah looks a good player and they are superb going forwards but as things stand it appears as though the lack of improvement in defence may keep them from genuinely challenging for the title. They should again make a solid case for a top 4 finish however given how we Klopp has them playing in attack, Liverpool fans Klopp himself will feel they're not all that far away and could have gotten there this summer (or still can).

Although it's entirely possible that their squad depth isn't enough to make that push anyway.

Having said the above the fact that Liverpool don't appear all that far, as a United fan, is enough reason to feel somewhat wary.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Though he tried to distance himself from transfers.
Said he's not involved in any discussion about players.
Sounded weird.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He needs to sign experienced players.

Imagine if he could get a couple of players like Matic and Alderweireld in.

His squad lacks experience and players who have won things.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Everton are spending money though, you lot arent.
Liverpool have obviously spent money and have attempted to do deals that haven't happened. Given the Lukaku money it's not a huge outgoing from Everton. I expect Liverpool to part with significant funds before the end of August

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Though he tried to distance himself from transfers.
Said he's not involved in any discussion about players.
Sounded weird.
I don't think he's in charge of transfers. I certainly don't think he's working like mourinho, giving his boss a list of targets. Wasn't like that at dortmund, don't think it's like that at liverpool. Most likely, he tells his bosses what he thinks the team needs, gives them a list of types of players, maybe a couple names, but then it's mostly up to whoever's in charge to identify targets and sign them

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He's a fraud of a manager. Third season in charge at Liverpool now and they've got the same frailties and deficiencies as they had the day he walked in the door. There's an argument to be made Rodgers' Liverpool were more pleasing on the eye going forward, too.

Hugely disappointing for a Liverpool fan, it must be.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I don't think he's in charge of transfers. I certainly don't think he's working like mourinho, giving his boss a list of targets. Wasn't like that at dortmund, don't think it's like that at liverpool. Most likely, he tells his bosses what he thinks the team needs, gives them a list of types of players, maybe a couple names, but then it's mostly up to whoever's in charge to identify targets and sign them
What you have actually said is that Klopp & Mourinho operate in exactly the same way, so I'm not sure what point you are making :confused:

Anyone seen the drivel he was talking in his post match for the CL match tomorrow?

The vid was in this article for me, not sure if it will show up the same for everyone and not sure how to embed the video:

http://www.footballinsider247.com/k...w5iws26&time=0&vid=170ceyz9efics1fqd7qvmkix10

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Feel this would be the season he starts losing the aura from Pool fans that he's always right. He's making the same mistakes now that Wenger has made - not signing players that are of utmost importance- just the difference being Wenger did those mistakes after having established himself as a great manager. Pool haven't yet signed a defender and are still vulnerable in defensive set pieces. Surely their fans would lose the patience over the same old mistakes that they have been making

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Carragher was having digs at him on the sly.
Said defending at corners has nothing to do with the quality of the CBs.

Peanut Butter

Liverpool have obviously spent money and have attempted to do deals that haven't happened. Given the Lukaku money it's not a huge outgoing from Everton. I expect Liverpool to part with significant funds before the end of August
This summer is eerily like the summer after you lot had that "amazing season" under Bodgers. You finished second (I think?) and guaranteed CL footy. Everyone was telling us you were going to dominate football forever that summer.

Then you sold your best player, brought in Rickie Lambert La and were absolutely woeful in the Champions League.

It's like Groundhog Day at Liverpool.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
That sounds like something the delusional folks at RAWK would make up to try and shift the blame to the owners than their hero. I expect the delusional masses that makes up the Liverpool fan base to lap this shit up though.

Last edited:

Jacko21

Carragher was having digs at him on the sly.
Said defending at corners has nothing to do with the quality of the CBs.
He's not wrong.

He may not have the calibre of defenders that the rest of the top six have, but as evidenced by their failings against Watford, Klopp has done little to sort out his defence. It's been a common theme during his time at Liverpool.

He's had all summer (not that he should've needed it) to organise and coach his players from a defensive perspective. And what happens? In their very first game, they ship three goals - against Watford.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
This summer is eerily like the summer after you lot had that "amazing season" under Bodgers. You finished second (I think?) and guaranteed CL footy. Everyone was telling us you were going to dominate football forever that summer.

Then you sold your best player, brought in Rickie Lambert La and were absolutely woeful in the Champions League.

It's like Groundhog Day at Liverpool.
If Liverpool sell their best player and buy Rickie Lambert you could have a point.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I chose to believe this is 100 % true.
I literally love iPphone note' stories. My favourite was the one one that went viral about Sturridge - said he was too religious to play football.

You could probably do a PhD on how technology and social media are eating themselves based on this type of stuff.

EyeInTheSky

There's still a few deluded Everton fans at Grand Old Team that think he is going to buy loads of expensive world class players :lol:

They even thought Mourinho was going to manage them a week or so before he was confirmed as Utd boss.

Did I remember seeing some tweets about that? Did sky sports news put it out there?:lol: I am sure I saw some people debating that here whahahah

TheReligion

Abusive
I literally love iPphone note' stories. My favourite was the one one that went viral about Sturridge - said he was too religious to play football.

You could probably do a PhD on how technology and social media are eating themselves based on this type of stuff.
Do you think Klopp is currently very happy and content?

EyeInTheSky

If Liverpool sell their best player and buy Rickie Lambert you could have a point.
wait... Didn't that already happen??

That solves that one, cheers!

Dyslexic Untied

This window is a hard one. Many teams struggling to land transfers, us included. Prices are inflated and clubs don't want to sell. Liverpool seem to be hit hard by that this window. Said on here before that I don't think they are very far away from really challenging, but they do need to bring in some more quality along their spine.

Peanut Butter

You literally love, or just love?

Jaybomb

Is it just me that thinks Hoffenheim are gonna beat them tomorrow?

I sense a 2-0 defeat.