Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
No shot on target after 31st minute. He can complain all about the long balls and ref all he wants but the truth is it took a ridiculous OG for their team to score and apart from that, they were nowhere near scoring. Bailly and Rashford were starting a first match for ages. No Pogba, Herrera and Fellaini due to injuries etc. Midfield of Matic/McTominay.

I bet he's frustrated as hell due to the result. We were there for the taking and instead he got tactically owned by Mourinho.
And that was a routine De Gea save from a speculative Firmino shot, if memory serves?

engulfing

Klopp still has no plan B against teams that surrender possession to them. His lack of flexibility has cost his team points. The Liverpool job has exposed his tactical naivety, doubt any one ranks him at the highest level anymore as compared to his successful seasons with dortmund.

In a way you can say that his counter pressing transition offense tactics were innovative and effective when he first got dortmund to utilise it successfully, football has evolved and teams are better prepared to cope with it now yet he hasn't been able to find new ways to adapt and make the difference.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Because he’s a twat.
It’s not very bright of him is it? They love him, fight his corner and overlook his antics and yet he gets bolshy, short and arrogant with them when they ask him bog standard questions.

They’re going to get tired of him very soon and when they do it’s likely going to be at a time he needs them the most and it’ll make his life very difficult.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Trying to work out what everyone's doing with their hands but it's difficult because so many start flapping around :lol:

Aside from the obvious 'wanker', there's definitely a middle finger and the classic English two fingers. I think a few are just pointing for him to feck off back to where he should be. All we need is 'feck off' in sign language to complete the set.

engulfing

Ill be the first to admit it, we were lucky ti get away with a win. Liverpools play made it possible for us to do it because they were very one dimensional but they had their chances. Klopp should have acknowledged it in the post match. We were better. 3 points. Bragging rights. Wish we'd have done the same at anfield.
Lucky? You clearly don't understand football. Liverpool were lucky bailly scored a fluke own goal to give them a thread of hope to cling on to. They hardly fashioned any chances of note. We scored two goals and closed up shop and secured the 3 points. Job well done.

Jaybomb

Not playing for draws and celebrating a last-minute equaliser are not contradictions.

Anyway, great win. Great to nail em again.
If hes so above draws then why settle for less? Don’t be ridiculous. I would have been livid with a draw today regardless of whether we were behind or not.

Then again, this is the same moron that celebrated a draw against West Brom of all teams. But he’s so above playing defensively and drawing matches right? It was good enough for him that day.

zkh77

Klopp still has no plan B against teams that surrender possession to them. His lack of flexibility has cost his team points. The Liverpool job has exposed his tactical naivety, doubt any one ranks him at the highest level anymore as compared to his successful seasons with dortmund.
And then the pundits say Mourinho has lost it

Giggs86

It’s not very bright of him is it? They love him, fight his corner and overlook his antics and yet he gets bolshy, short and arrogant with them when they ask him bog standard questions.

They’re going to get tired of him very soon and when they do it’s likely going to be at a time he needs them the most and it’ll make his life very difficult.
Oh they will get tired of him sooner than later, that's a certainty. No one likes losers, and that's exactly what he is. A serial final bottler and a man who won a big bag of nothing during his time with Liverpool.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Ill be the first to admit it, we were lucky ti get away with a win. Liverpools play made it possible for us to do it because they were very one dimensional but they had their chances. Klopp should have acknowledged it in the post match. We were better. 3 points. Bragging rights. Wish we'd have done the same at anfield.
Were you even watching the game? Liverpool did feck all the entire game despite all their possession and it would have been a comfortable 2-0 win if Bailey didn't give them a goal.

Giggs86

Were you even watching the game? Liverpool did feck all the entire game despite all their possession and it would have been a comfortable 2-0 win if Bailey didn't give them a goal.
Don't want to sound too greedy but Mata should've really scored in the first half. 2-1 heavily flatters Liverpool, should've been 3-0.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Don't want to sound too greedy but Mata should've really scored in the first half. 2-1 heavily flatters Liverpool, should've been 3-0.
Yeah he should have, I think Mata was shocked that he was left open too. Didn't realise he had all the time in the world to take the ball down to score.

prath92

This was what he said before the game

When United will attack I hope all my players are defending. If somebody says that is parking the bus, then no problem. I would never use that term. I have no problem with defending, I know how the situation is at the moment. They play a specific kind of football, we play a specific kind of football, but it’s all about winning. There are different ways to win football games. We have a history, since the 80s...
After this how can anyone complain about parking the bus is beyond me.

Alabaster Codify7

Mug being a mug, no surprises here!
Should have been sent to the stands for his pathetic behaviour. Stick it up your Salah, Klopp!

Varun

Staff
I loved the expressions on his face when the cameras zoomed in towards the end of the first half. Had this clueless, defeated look going.

SwSw

Mourinho: Liverpool played a lot of short ineffective balls.

manunited1919

I’m glad Klopp tries to blame the long balls, the pen not given, and the defensive blunders. The fact is he doesn’t understand JMs tactics and didn’t do anything to prepare his team to have a better balance in defense to counter the tactics. Long may it continue.

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
Yep.

It's baffling too. He's not a moron. He has noticeably improved their defense. I'm not sure why he went into a match against Mourinho without a plan to deal with the second ball. It's something I've seen other top managers try and account for against us. There is the possibility that his defenders forgot about everything they learnt in training, but odds lean towards him not paying that much mind, which again is negligence from a manager I consider top-tier.
I think if you look at build-up for Porto, Klopp was adamant that he can't play weakened squad for Porto because it's CL. Which is exactly he did, out of front three he played all except Salah. I believe before Porto, there must have been no mention of man-utd match either. So basically Klopp got less time to prepare his troops for the match whereas Mourinho had a week and it is evident in the efficiency with which UTD players executed the plan. Also, Mourinho had this tactic of targeting our right side planned. Our CBs are good in the air but out of Van Dijk and Lovren, Lovren is vulnerable against more physical opponent, than on Van Dijk's side we have Robertson, who is good defensively and Mane comes all the way down to provide protection. Whereas on right we have inexperienced youngster with little to no protection from Salah. While Man UTD had Alexis, Lukaku and rashford playing against our Lovren and TAA(3 vs 2)

prath92

I think if you look at build-up for Porto, Klopp was adamant that he can't play weakened squad for Porto because it's CL. Which is exactly he did, out of front three he played all except Salah. I believe before Porto, there must have been no mention of man-utd match either. So basically Klopp got less time to prepare his troops for the match whereas Mourinho had a week and it is evident in the efficiency with which UTD players executed the plan. Also, Mourinho had this tactic of targeting our right side planned. Our CBs are good in the air but out of Van Dijk and Lovren, Lovren is vulnerable against more physical opponent, than on Van Dijk's side we have Robertson, who is good defensively and Mane comes all the way down to provide protection. Whereas on right we have inexperienced youngster with little to no protection from Salah. While Man UTD had Alexis, Lukaku and rashford playing against our Lovren and TAA(3 vs 2)
That is just an excuse though. It’s not like the fixtures were announced only after the Porto game that klopp couldn’t have known it was Liverpool.

When your team has weaknesses your DMs and others have to chip in. Young vs Salah is more of a mismatch than TAA vs Rashford. But he had help from matic and even Rashford so Young could successfully nullify Salah.

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
That is just an excuse though. It’s not like the fixtures were announced only after the Porto game that klopp couldn’t have known it was Liverpool.

When your team has weaknesses your DMs and others have to chip in. Young vs Salah is more of a mismatch than TAA vs Rashford. But he had help from matic and even Rashford so Young could successfully nullify Salah.
How's it an excuse, if I mentioned man UTD was better drilled side and they outfoxed us? How's it an excuse, when I mentioned, TAA didn't get any help from Salah or Milner? Btw I don't think those guys could do much when you see how the midfield was by-passed by long ball. Also I want to tell Man UTD fans that Ashley may not be best defender but has been around long enough, experienced enough to know how to thwart speedsters especially when he didn't had any offensive duty. Also the best thing about Ashley is, he stays tight to the player and nudges into player right before player is to take first touch of the ball, not only it makes player to miscontrol the ball, is annoying but also it does let opponent get into ryhtym.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Eh? ManUtd played Crystal palace away on Monday night, Liverpool played Porto on Tuesday night.

ManUtd played a must win game and played away game in which they worked relentlessly, Liverpool played already won tie at home and at walking pace.

Jose had 1 day more but played must win game, Klopp played training game .

In defense, only Lovren played that game. In Midfield only Can and Milner. Overall only 5 players played that training game and Firmino played just 60 mins.

ManUtd players, everyone except Bailly and Mata played against Palace. Obvious which team had more rest.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I still think his Liverpool team plays exactly like we did in the 90s, albeit with a squad that's not as balanced nor talented.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Long balls that worked, pretty much bypassed their entire midfield in both United's goals.

NK86

I still think his Liverpool team plays exactly like we did in the 90s, albeit with a squad that's not as balanced nor talented.
We had a rock solid defense to boast. Just because they play some one-touch football doesn't mean they play exactly like us in the 90s.

eat_grass

Lots of long balls, and lots of interlink-play as well. But since Mata missed his two huge opportunities (bicycle kick in the first half, one-touch shot from the six-yard box in the second), nobody will talk about how the plays were built up. There were a few other chances where Mata or Sanchez were just too slow to finish the attack that would have otherwise been clear shots on goal, too.

Liverpool didn't lose to "direct football." That's just a way for the media to backhand-compliment United and deny them some of the credit for the win. Bastards.

Roosney

I think we would’ve deserved a draw, that’s a fact, but we don’t have it so it’s not important. A draw at Manchester is always a sign of a good game.
Ummm, what?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I don't see it, our 90s teams could hurt you in so many different ways so they could usually find some way to win regardless of how the opposition tried to nullify us.

beep

Has anyone mentioned Salah's slap to Young's face in th second half?

prath92

I don't see it, our 90s teams could hurt you in so many different ways so they could usually find some way to win regardless of how the opposition tried to nullify us.
And we had better midfielders too. Robson Keane Ince and then scholes.