Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

minoo-utd

Really hate silly excuses. He doesn't have to make one at all, they could've lost this but at least they gained another point above Citeh.

Inter Yer Nan

He’s an embarrassment really. It’s crazy how he’s used weather in a victim mentality to make excuses for results he didn’t like. The cold, snow and wind have effected his performance whilst the other team played in perfect climate? Same for when he said the pitch was dry. So why is moist for the opponent?

He’s also cried about ref decisions a lot yet his side receives as many if not more than any side yet he never brings it up or acknowledges it.

macheda14

His comments on the groundstaff sweeping away the snow make no sense:

"The first half we had 80% of the ball so only one team suffered and it was us. It was clear that our ground staff tried to clear it but they didn’t have enough man power. They realised how difficult it was when they started doing it, not before. There was no plan, nobody told them, I can swear, to clear only our side or our box. I hear people say it’s unsporting but it’s an advantage for them [Leicester] too. If their box is clear then it’s better to defend. It’s no coincidence that in the first half we scored a goal in a box that was full of snow. That’s how it is, we cannot change it.”

So, the snow made it difficult to attack BUT actually it was easier for Leicester to defend the box when it was cleared of snow, so they had the advantage? What?!

RedDevil@84

"The first half we had 80% of the ball so only one team suffered and it was us. It was clear that our ground staff tried to clear it but they didn’t have enough man power. They realised how difficult it was when they started doing it, not before. There was no plan, nobody told them, I can swear, to clear only our side or our box. I hear people say it’s unsporting but it’s an advantage for them [Leicester] too. If their box is clear then it’s better to defend. It’s no coincidence that in the first half we scored a goal in a box that was full of snow. That’s how it is, we cannot change it.”

So, the snow made it difficult to attack BUT actually it was easier for Leicester to defend the box when it was cleared of snow, so they had the advantage? What?!
He knows he gets a pass in the press. So he will talk any nonsense possible

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I love how much Klopp is hated by rival fans as it means he's doing a good job at Liverpool. He was exactly the same at Dortmund and people fawned over him as he was in charge of the underdog de-throning a very strong Bayern Munich.
If you all loved him and wanted him to be the Liverpool manager, then I'd be worried.

Fergie used to blame everything except the players to the press as well. The players would run through brick walls for him because as well as being a great manager, he looked after them and kept everything in house.

Here's a few of the excuses that Fergie used. Imagine they came out of Klopp's mouth and a thread would be opened up on here demanding he see a shrink.

1. After you got knocked out of the FA Cup in 2001 (Barthez appealing for the offside), Fergie blamed the pitch as rugby had been played on there 2 months beforehand.
2. The World Club Cup loss in 2000 had nothing to do with Neville being shit or Beckham being sent off, it was the fault of the sun daring to set.
3. The 5-0 loss to Newcastle was down to jet-lag (from a trip to Turkey 3 days earlier)
4. The Grey kit
5. Ronaldo was sent off for handball in one match during Nov 2008. The following excuses were used: It was an act of self-defence; Ronaldo thought he heard a whistle; Ronaldo was pushed; It was the crowds fault; The decision was harsh as he hadn't 'punched' the ball

Do you really think Klopp went into the dressing room after the match and said "don't worry lads, the pitch was a bit snowy tonight so I'm ok with you not playing at 100%"? No chance. He would have given them all a proper bollocking and told them what he thinks.

Great managers can do everything, motivate, bollock, set tactics, win games and have the players do everything commanded of them. Good managers can do some but not all of those things and if you want a manager that can do everything, you have to accept the crap that they sometimes spout in order to achieve it.

Inter Yer Nan

I didn't see the match but is he saying here that they tried to gain an advantage by only clearing up the area's they attacked but didn't concern themselves clearing where Leicester wanted to attack?

He's bonkers.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Klopp isn't deflecting from anything, unless you are an idiot and fall for that. He's just not a very bright person and so his go to excuse is the weather, while other managers often analyse game events in depth and put out the occasional conspiracy theory. They will also often use media presence to accomplish a goal such as destabilising other teams/managers or pressuring refs.

The comparisons to SAF are nonsensical as well, and only those up Klopp's arse would think they are similar situations. The excuses SAF came up with were often superstition based or completely left field as if he had thought of it on the spot. Klopp's excuses are obviously pre-meditated and he thinks he's being clever when he just looks like an idiot.

Also :lol: at Klopp being a manager that can do it all. Reminds me of the days when Rafa was better than SAF in scouse heads.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I love how much Klopp is hated by rival fans as it means he's doing a good job at Liverpool. He was exactly the same at Dortmund and people fawned over him as he was in charge of the underdog de-throning a very strong Bayern Munich.
If you all loved him and wanted him to be the Liverpool manager, then I'd be worried.

Fergie used to blame everything except the players to the press as well. The players would run through brick walls for him because as well as being a great manager, he looked after them and kept everything in house.

Here's a few of the excuses that Fergie used. Imagine they came out of Klopp's mouth and a thread would be opened up on here demanding he see a shrink.

1. After you got knocked out of the FA Cup in 2001 (Barthez appealing for the offside), Fergie blamed the pitch as rugby had been played on there 2 months beforehand.
2. The World Club Cup loss in 2000 had nothing to do with Neville being shit or Beckham being sent off, it was the fault of the sun daring to set.
3. The 5-0 loss to Newcastle was down to jet-lag (from a trip to Turkey 3 days earlier)
4. The Grey kit
5. Ronaldo was sent off for handball in one match during Nov 2008. The following excuses were used: It was an act of self-defence; Ronaldo thought he heard a whistle; Ronaldo was pushed; It was the crowds fault; The decision was harsh as he hadn't 'punched' the ball

Do you really think Klopp went into the dressing room after the match and said "don't worry lads, the pitch was a bit snowy tonight so I'm ok with you not playing at 100%"? No chance. He would have given them all a proper bollocking and told them what he thinks.

Great managers can do everything, motivate, bollock, set tactics, win games and have the players do everything commanded of them. Good managers can do some but not all of those things and if you want a manager that can do everything, you have to accept the crap that they sometimes spout in order to achieve it.
Ferguson at United:
Klopp at Liverpool:

Great managers win things.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp isn't deflecting from anything, unless you are an idiot and fall for that. He's just not a very bright person and so his go to excuse is the weather, while other managers often analyse game events in depth and put out the occasional conspiracy theory. They will also often use media presence to accomplish a goal such as destabilising other teams/managers or pressuring refs.

The comparisons to SAF are nonsensical as well, and only those up Klopp's arse would think they are similar situations. The excuses SAF came up with were often superstition based or completely left field as if he had thought of it on the spot. Klopp's excuses are obviously pre-meditated and he thinks he's being clever when he just looks like an idiot.

Also :lol: at Klopp being a manager that can do it all. Reminds me of the days when Rafa was better than SAF in scouse heads.
So in short, Klopp’s a moron who’s too dumb to come up with anything other than the weather as an excuse?

And the sometimes nonsensical excuses made by SAF made sense as they were obviously based on superstition or were a spur of the moment kind of thing? Unlike Klopp, who thinks about it beforehand but still can’t come up with anything other than wind/rain/snow. Gotcha:)

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So in short, Klopp’s a moron who’s too dumb to come up with anything other than the weather as an excuse?

And the sometimes nonsensical excuses made by SAF made sense as they were obviously based on superstition or were a spur of the moment kind of thing? Unlike Klopp, who thinks about it beforehand but still can’t come up with anything other than wind/rain/snow. Gotcha:)
Klopp's not dumb, but he's obviously not as clued in as other managers, that's why he's more relateable (he's a normal person turned manager, not a footballing savant like LVG and his disciples in Guardiola and Mourinho). If you can't see it when he talks compared to certain other managers then you're probably not able to tell the difference.

Klopp has brought up the weather countless times, if you think it's not his go to deflection then there's nothing more to say really. Just like how he brought up an offside goal United scored for several months after the fact, he knows Liverpool fans will lap it up. Klopp wasn't so extreme at Dortmund, he was quite normal there because the dortmund fans are normal. Liverpool fans are the kings of two things; excuse making and moral victories. Klopp plays on that and its not a surprise Pool fans can't see it.

Rish Sawhney

They didn't make sense. They weren't supposed to. Like his "bloody germans" comment. Its not that Klopp's too dumb to come up with excuses, its that it genuinely seems like he believes them.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp's not dumb, but he's obviously not as clued in as other managers, that's why he's more relateable (he's a normal person turned manager, not a footballing savant like LVG and his disciples in Guardiola and Mourinho). If you can't see it when he talks compared to certain other managers then you're probably not able to tell the difference.

Klopp has brought up the weather countless times, if you think it's not his go to deflection then there's nothing more to say really. Just like how he brought up an offside goal United scored for several months after the fact, he knows Liverpool fans will lap it up. Klopp wasn't so extreme at Dortmund, he was quite normal there because the dortmund fans are normal. Liverpool fans are the kings of two things; excuse making and moral victories. Klopp plays on that and its not a surprise Pool fans can't see it.
Oh, I think it’s obvious to anyone that he’s a different type than the typical manager, don’t get me wrong. Perhaps it’s my English that fails me, but I’m not sure what you mean by “clued in”, though?

And I’m not sure either what you mean by that he plays on Liverpool fan’s supposed excuse making tendency. As in he he makes more of them than every other top flight manager?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Oh, I think it’s obvious to anyone that he’s a different type than the typical manager, don’t get me wrong. Perhaps it’s my English that fails me, but I’m not sure what you mean by “clued in”, though?

And I’m not sure either what you mean by that he plays on Liverpool fan’s supposed excuse making tendency. As in he he makes more of them than every other top flight manager?
'Clued in' in this case means being highly intelligent. The way Klopp analyses the game is distinctly different from managers that are known for their tactical minds. Klopp is a basics manager, not someone obsessed with positioning like a lot of tactically sharp managers. He is liked by most people, he is a normal guy unlike most managers who are a bit eccentric.

He was different at Dortmund. He did not make many excuses or talk in poetry like he does at Liverpool. 'I almost cried when Salah let Firmino take that Penalty' was a very strange comment from him that I didn't expect. He has changed a bit after being at Liverpool.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yes they do and I can see how the first 3 years of Fergie's reign at Old Trafford were as much a success as Klopp's at Anfield. I doubt that Klopp would win that much in 26 years at Anfield but he has already made huge strides towards winning things. Judge him when he's left Anfield, not before. Most on here thought he was a 'great' manager at Dortmund so has that changed just because he manages your fiercest rivals?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
'Clued in' in this case means being highly intelligent. The way Klopp analyses the game is distinctly different from managers that are known for their tactical minds. Klopp is a basics manager, not someone obsessed with positioning like a lot of tactically sharp managers. He is liked by most people, he is a normal guy unlike most managers who are a bit eccentric.

He was different at Dortmund. He did not make many excuses or talk in poetry like he does at Liverpool. 'I almost cried when Salah let Firmino take that Penalty' was a very strange comment from him that I didn't expect. He has changed a bit after being at Liverpool.
I have no idea how intelligent Klopp is but I do think you are doing him disservice by calling him “basic” considering his merits. I can’t imagine a manager of his quality being as tactically inept as you seem to insinuate.

As for his Dortmund time, I don’t know what he was like as I don’t follow the Bundesliga, nevermind watch interviews with the managers.
Just watched that ‘I almost cried’ clip and yeah, it’s a bit corny:lol:

Shiva87

Just saw the snow controversy pictures. That's pathetic to see. Can't understand how a premier league club can get away with that type of unsportsmanlike behavior.

If they didn't have the manpower - he should have let it be! The full pitch should have stayed as is!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes they do and I can see how the first 3 years of Fergie's reign at Old Trafford were as much a success as Klopp's at Anfield. I doubt that Klopp would win that much in 26 years at Anfield but he has already made huge strides towards winning things. Judge him when he's left Anfield, not before. Most on here thought he was a 'great' manager at Dortmund so has that changed just because he manages your fiercest rivals?
He's achieved some very good things in the past and I've always admired his style of play. I do expect him to win some trophies at Liverpool.

However he'll never be in the same stratosphere as Sir Alex. More LVG than SAF IMO.

Ban

4. The Grey kit

You really put your heart into this. :lol:
I mean, great manager and all but cringe as fek.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You really put your heart into this. :lol:
I mean, great manager and all but cringe as fek.

It would have been a great response if he was talking about another manager who had won feck all and bottled every major final he had been in.

But he is comparing Klopp to the greatest manager in british football history, so yeah.

Bola

What a nasty little hypocritical shit.
I also recall his sly dig at WBA getting relegated last season after they had the nerve to try and beat Liverpool

Perfect fit for that club, a hypocritical and moaning bridesmaid

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
You're wrong, he has always been like this. He trash-talks alot, and it's not like the trash talk Mou is doing to provoke other teams, but just extremely biased and cringey as if he was a long time fan of his own club. Many managers do this, but he is surely up there with the cringiest ones. Great manager no doubt, but that is the reason why fans of rival clubs despise him so much. I for sure don't know any single Bayern fan that would want him managing our club because of that.

sugar_kane

He manages Liverpool you guys would not like him regardless of how he acted.
Ialways thought he was a bit of a goon, check out this interview from 2013
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league particularly the Kagawa quote

“He hits his head with his palm. "Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji's best role. He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw. But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others' arms, when he left. “

Fridge chutney

He manages Liverpool you guys would not like him regardless of how he acted.
Completely disagree. Liverpool have a relatively likeable team, (aside from Lovren, Henderson and VVD). TTA, Gomes, Ox, Milner, Keita, Matip, Robertson, etc seem like a good blokes, Salah seems genuinely pleasant aside from some of his cheating on pitch, ditto Mane. Allison and Fabinho seem like sane and grounded individuals.

Klopp is a disingenuous dick and cringeworthy individual.