Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Pav1878

More evidence of Liverpool Football Club disrespecting the FA Cup:

Bournemouth v Arsenal - 10,000

Southampton v Spurs 29,000

Man City v Fulham - 39,000

Liverpool v Shrewsbury - 52,000

Club should be fined...or something!
The below from Wikipedia. Sometimes you have to make a stand for the greater good of the game, which is what Klopp is doing. So what your implying is Sir Matt was a grade A pr*ck for defying the football authorities (the FA), when in fact he was a visionary.

The 1956–57 European Cup was the second season of the European Cup, Europe's premier club football tournament. The competition was won for the second time by Real Madrid, who beat Fiorentina 2–0 in the final at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, Madrid, on 30 May 1957. After the great success of the first tournament, six new nations entered representatives: Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, England, Luxembourg, Romania and Turkey. The English Football Association ("FA") had not allowed Chelsea to enter in 1955, and continued its stance on the European Cup as it being a "distraction". However, against the wishes of the FA, Manchester United entered the competition as English champions, becoming the first English team to play in Europe.
I don't give a rat's arse what Busby did. Klopp's a grade A prick because he makes out he's a nice guy and puts on the charm, but is actually a c*nt of the highest order.

I find it amusing how Liverpool fans just can't take anyone not loving him as much as they do.

Acole9

Outstanding
Made a mockery of the FA Cup, they've had the league in the bag since October, no excuses.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I don't give a rat's arse what Busby did. Klopp's a grade A prick because he makes out he's a nice guy and puts on the charm, but is actually a c*nt of the highest order.
Funny how virtually every player who has played under him don’t go along with your personality assassination of Klopp. Quite the opposite in fact. I don’t expect you to go read it but Raphael Honigstein’s book on Klopp talks about an authentic, charismatic person who treats everyone superbly from cleaner to star player.

But I’m guessing you’ve identified something that close friends and colleagues have missed. Fair enough.

hubbuh

He’s a bible basher! A paid up member of the God squad!

But damn he’s a good football manager. Not keen on how he’s dealt with the FA Cup situation, or the way he derided us for signing Pogba for big money and proclaimed he does things a different way and wouldn’t spend that much even if he could etc., but damn he’s a good football manager. What’s the likelihood he sacks footy off and joins the priesthood?

Josh 76

Any Dortmund fans out there to tell me what's the real story with this guy?
How good is he really ? Is this what he is doing at Liverpool something that doesn't surprise you? Or has this even shocked you?
Anyone???

0le

Yes. After all this time, in 2019, Jürgen Klopp is the guy who lowered the value of the FA cup by not turning up during the week his employer gave him off. So, to sum up:

"He has lowered the value of the FA Cup and League Cup by playing all kids, even when it isn't necessary because of the healthy PL lead."

But at the same time,

" I can definitely understand resting players, but not attending the game is bizarre."
I'm sorry I wasn't so clear, but I am not surprised that a Liverpool supporter took it out of context either. There is a difference between resting some players and then replacing the entire fecking team. Its fine to rest some players. Again some opposition, its also fine to rest the entire team really. Maybe if the opposition is conference standard. But when you play all young players against stronger opposition, yes, it devalues the cup, e.g. Everton. But the worst is when you make comments that you won't attend the game. This significantly devalues the cup. It is nothing short of disgraceful to be honest. Take of those red tinted spectacles and forget that its Kloop for fecking five seconds and you would agree.

0le

I could use your logic and say United have lowered the value of the PL because they let so many players go without replacement. I could also argue that those bottom teams in the PL lower its value because they aren't buying the best players around.

I could say, United have lowered the value of the PL because they haven't sacked Ole for worst run UTD have ever had.

I could say Arsenal have lowered the value of the PL for their worst run in 100 years.

Who is the arbiter that gets to decide the value of something? Public opinion? Money? Opposition teams? Spectators? Players?

The answer, frankly, it's nobody. Not you nor me.

You further argue that Liverpool have a healthy PL lead. And in light of that, it aggravates the issue of using only kids - it's not necessary you said. One can conclude that you concede a notion that it's ok to sacrifice the PL games on the one hand in order to give to the FA on the other hand. Thus, using this logic, you actually suggesting something you vehemently against. That is to say, possibly devalue the PL in favour of FA cup.

Wrt Klopp not attending the game, as you put it, bizarre. Firstly, anfield was a full house - so Klopp is clearly not the main attraction. Secondly, the kids won, suggesting they were well organised by a competent enough support coach. Thirdly, I'm a Liverpool fan, with my actual invested interest in the club as a supporter, it didn't worry me one little bit that he wasn't there - absolutely no issue with it. The question is, why does it worry you so much? The people that it should matter most, don't care, yet the people who it shouldn't matter to, care most - now, to me, that is bizarre.
You are making very odd arguments that don't really make a lot of sense. United have suffered in all competitions, they haven't devalued anything or anyone but themselves. What a strange comment to make.

I am not making a contradiction. I have not stated to replace the entire team for a PL game with kids. I have suggested to rest some players for a PL game - rotate. That doesn't mean you have to play all kids - you have squad depth.

Managers should have a responsibility to attend all games, health or exceptional circumstances permitting. His comments are a disgrace. And no, its got nothing to do with Liverpool. I would have said the same about Mourinho, Pep, or whoever.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Made a mockery of the FA Cup, they've had the league in the bag since October, no excuses.
Excuses for what? We won. Klopp was vindicated. He’s not gonna play the kids in the next game

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
He’s a bible basher! A paid up member of the God squad!

But damn he’s a good football manager. Not keen on how he’s dealt with the FA Cup situation, or the way he derided us for signing Pogba for big money and proclaimed he does things a different way and wouldn’t spend that much even if he could etc., but damn he’s a good football manager. What’s the likelihood he sacks footy off and joins the priesthood?
Well he wasn't wrong about Pogba was he

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Any Dortmund fans out there to tell me what's the real story with this guy?
How good is he really ? Is this what he is doing at Liverpool something that doesn't surprise you? Or has this even shocked you?
Anyone???
It probably won't surprise them. He took over a Dortmund team in 2008 that had endured its worst season in 20 years and 3 years earlier had been on the brink of bankruptcy. Within 3 years, he'd won the league and then won the league/cup double the following season before a Champions League final a year after that.
All that with nowhere near the budget of Bayern Munich.
Great manager who has done special things in Germany and is currently doing even more impressive things in this country.

lex talionis

The guy comes across as a douchebag, but most top managers give off an ooze of some kind. Mourinho? Yep. Wenger? Yep. Pep? Yep. Ferguson? For United haters, yep.

Whether we like it or not Klopp really is a top manager. Liverpool supporters love him. And what's not to love? He brings in trophies and puts on a watchable brand of football.

mu4c_20le

The only thing is that he seems a bit unstable when things aren't going his way, we've seen him unhinged way too many times before everything finally clicked this season, as if he sold a part of his soul to the devil. Hopefully a closer title race next year, as well as some of their stars wanting to leave, will see him unravel again.

Paul_Scholes18

The guy comes across as a douchebag, but most top managers give off an ooze of some kind. Mourinho? Yep. Wenger? Yep. Pep? Yep. Ferguson? For United haters, yep.

Whether we like it or not Klopp really is a top manager. Liverpool supporters love him. And what's not to love? He brings in trophies and puts on a watchable brand of football.
I liked him at Dortmund and wanted him for us. Now harder to like him, but would take him easily.
He has done some very weird and strange things though. Not just this recent thing with not showing up.
He celebrated a 2-2 draw with West Brom like crazy and pushed his players to do the same. That was totally odd.
Fighting with kids in the stand. Complained about everything at some point.
Used strange excuses like the wind and similar things after dropped points.

For someone neutral he must be very interesting to follow. Maybe less fun this season given that the gap is so big and they play a more boring style this season.

Pav1878

Funny how virtually every player who has played under him don’t go along with your personality assassination of Klopp. Quite the opposite in fact. I don’t expect you to go read it but Raphael Honigstein’s book on Klopp talks about an authentic, charismatic person who treats everyone superbly from cleaner to star player.

But I’m guessing you’ve identified something that close friends and colleagues have missed. Fair enough.
Hahahahaha god, just god. You love him if you want to, just don't expect everyone else to. Typical Liverpool fans. Expect everyone else to buy into your shite. Just enjoy your ride whilst the going is good.

The man is a chest thumping, gurning, nothing but teeth, fake nice guy. I can't stand him.

Pav1878

Can we not have a poll on getting rid of these Liverpool fans from this forum? Which football fan in their right mind goes on their rival club forum and tries to discuss football matters? I mean, what are you lot all doing here? It's just feckin weird.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Can we not have a poll on getting rid of these Liverpool fans from this forum? Which football fan in their right mind goes on their rival club forum and tries to discuss football matters? I mean, what are you lot all doing here? It's just feckin weird.
We're here to discuss football with you. If you don't want to do that, then what are you doing here? Feel free to put us all on ignore if you want, that should do it for you.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Hahahahaha god, just god. You love him if you want to, just don't expect everyone else to. Typical Liverpool fans. Expect everyone else to buy into your shite. Just enjoy your ride whilst the going is good.

The man is a chest thumping, gurning, nothing but teeth, fake nice guy. I can't stand him.
You’d not have him as your manager then? Ok.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
I'm sorry I wasn't so clear, but I am not surprised that a Liverpool supporter took it out of context either. There is a difference between resting some players and then replacing the entire fecking team. Its fine to rest some players. Again some opposition, its also fine to rest the entire team really. Maybe if the opposition is conference standard. But when you play all young players against stronger opposition, yes, it devalues the cup, e.g. Everton. But the worst is when you make comments that you won't attend the game. This significantly devalues the cup. It is nothing short of disgraceful to be honest. Take of those red tinted spectacles and forget that its Kloop for fecking five seconds and you would agree.

There is a difference between resting some players and then replacing the entire fecking team.

That's correct.

Its fine to rest some players. Again some opposition, its also fine to rest the entire team really.

So far, so good....

Maybe if the opposition is conference standard.

Why is that the line? Who gets to decide? The organisation running the competition or the club who are involved in the tie? The club clearly don't mind in this instance. If the organisation cared, they should have specified this in the rules by now since clubs have been playing B-teams for many years. Something like "you can pick no more than 5 players from outside your PL squad unless it's against a conference standard team". Oh! You mean a random fan on a forum gets to decide? Cool!

But when you play all young players against stronger opposition, yes, it devalues the cup, e.g. Everton.

Er.. we played a team that was strong enough to win... a derby. Plus the next round. Please find me an Everton supporter whose take away from their FA cup loss against us was - "Damn! If only they hadn't disrespected the cup by beating us with a weak team."

But the worst is when you make comments that you won't attend the game. This significantly devalues the cup.

He let fans know beforehand the team they can expect. Hell, he basically showed his cards to the opposition. Plus (and I cannot stress this strongly enough) we won. So the team and manager were good enough. Who are all these people that used to be crazy about the magic of the FA cup, but feel insulted because of this one decision by Klopp?

It is nothing short of disgraceful to be honest. Take of those red tinted spectacles and forget that its Kloop for fecking five seconds and you would agree.

Well, Kloop was never in charge. So nothing to forget there.

Last edited:

Kodi

Supports
Liverpool
You are making very odd arguments that don't really make a lot of sense. United have suffered in all competitions, they haven't devalued anything or anyone but themselves. What a strange comment to make.

I am not making a contradiction. I have not stated to replace the entire team for a PL game with kids. I have suggested to rest some players for a PL game - rotate. That doesn't mean you have to play all kids - you have squad depth.

Managers should have a responsibility to attend all games, health or exceptional circumstances permitting. His comments are a disgrace. And no, its got nothing to do with Liverpool. I would have said the same about Mourinho, Pep, or whoever.

Exactly my point. UTD, or whoever, devalue themselves only. I agree with you. Whatever a club decides in managing and the consequences therefrom is entirely upon them. Similarly, the consequences of whatever Liverpool decide is entirely upon them. Your argument is not consistent with that premise.

On you second point. To be frank, nobody has the right to suggest to any club who should be playing in any particular game. That right vests with only the manager of that club. The consequences are for that club to bear.

On your third point. Who are we to dictate which responsibilities a manager should comply with? I don't understand. In no other business, other than maybe politics, do the public, or whoever, get to decide how management should conduct its business. Perhaps the very reason free market economies perform so much better than command market economies.

In any sport, if a competition is not well supported, then the organisers must brainstorm the problem and find solutions. Your argument suggests that the relevancy of the FA cup is the responsibility of club managers to ensure it continues to subsist in a meaningful way. That cannot be the responsibility of club managers.

The longevity of any competition is solely based on the attractiveness to compete in it. To suggest otherwise would be like using a plaster to fix a gunshot wound. A superficial remedy to an otherwise issue.

Let me leave you with this. Would any team in the Champions League field anything but their strongest available? If your answer is probably no, ask yourself why not, and did any person have to dictate to managers in that regard.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

I find it amusing how Liverpool fans just can't take anyone not loving him as much as they do.
Wow, someone is salty in here.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Make your point in a less aggressive way.

hubbuh

Well he wasn't wrong about Pogba was he
His point wasn’t specifically about Pogba, though? He was making the wider point with regards to exborbitant fees + his aversion to them, about a year before he blew the world record transfer fee for a defender. A defender who’s now arguably their most important player (similar value/importance of Pogba to United). Even if his point was specifically about Pogba it’s still most certainly wrong. Is he not worth at least the £80/90 million paid?!

montpelier

What did his 1st XI cost altogether?

He was clearly bullshitting or only a believer until the Coutinho ££££ changed his mind.

Pav1878

Again. Why do you lot care what others think of him and your club? You're never gonna convince us. Move on.

To elaborate, he is a very good manager, and his side are deservedly top. But I don't like his antics. Therefore, coupled with the fact he is now tainted by being the manager of a club I loathe, no I wouldn't want him anywhere near United.

Happy?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What did his 1st XI cost altogether?

He was clearly bullshitting or only a believer until the Coutinho ££££ changed his mind.
Asked about it he admitted he says a lot of dumb shit

fezzerUTD

I don't like Klopp as much as the next Utd fan for obvious reasons, but if he hasn't broken any football laws then I couldn't care less, if he doesn't want to commit to the FA cup then apart from Liverpool fans who the feck cares?

Kodi

Supports
Liverpool
I don't like Klopp as much as the next Utd fan for obvious reasons, but if he hasn't broken any football laws then I couldn't care less, if he doesn't want to commit to the FA cup then apart from Liverpool fans who the feck cares?
This.

Mona Lisas on here aren't really concerned with the wellbeing of the FA Cup. That's just a ruse for actually being butt-hurt because Liverpool and Klopp are flying.

That's all. It's patently obvious.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This.

Mona Lisas on here aren't really concerned with the wellbeing of the FA Cup. That's just a ruse for actually being butt-hurt because Liverpool and Klopp are flying.

That's all. It's patently obvious.
I hated it when United missed the FA Cup for the world club tournament. Thought they made a poor decision then and still do.