Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Just seen some Arthur on loan rumours. Isn’t he dogshit? And injury prone?

Skills

Snitch
They look so poor. Conte/Spurs showed the way to play against them towards the end of last season, and it seems like everyone's copying that blueprint now.

They're in trouble if you can pin Robertson and Trent back with two really quick wingers/wingbacks. Also doesn't help them that Salah looks half the player at the moment, so you're more comfortable backing your FB against him 1v1 again allowing you to keep your wingers high up and their FBs tied up.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Suddenly the excuse of time running out makes sense. He obviously didn't agree earlier in the season with referees that they let them play until they score.

Ever since he came there, they are so lucky with referees it's quite incredible. He puts lot of pressure on them any time he feels they'll lose points. Cheating cnuts.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They look so poor. Conte/Spurs showed the way to play against them towards the end of last season, and it seems like everyone's copying that blueprint now.

They're in trouble if you can pin Robertson and Trent back with two really quick wingers/wingbacks. Also doesn't help them that Salah looks half the player at the moment, so you're more comfortable backing your FB against him 1v1 again allowing you to keep your wingers high up and their FBs tied up.
Completely agree. Oppo teams wouldn't dare do this against peak Salah and Mane, but an old Salah and Diaz are a lot more manageable.

The other side is Hendo and even a 'younger' Milner (Wijnaldum) used to be the guard dogs hunting down any ambitious wingers trying to exploit our FBs. But both of those old dogs need putting down too.

We have a few issues, which could be covered in one window if we were an oil club. But we'll have to wait for a few windows. :(

eire-red

Why was he so salty in the post match presser even after scoring in the 98th minute? What a clown. And that fist pumping is so cringe at the end.

This Liverpool team looks like it's approaching the end of a cycle. All the great coaches have managed to rebuild numerous teams down the years and still have success.

Bear in mind Klopp hasn't been as successful in his career as you'd think when listening to the chaps on Sky, but it will be interesting to see how he manages this transition.

Irrational.

He’s constantly growling, snarling and yelling at refs like a rabid dog. Unbelievable how he’s never pulled up on it. Remember when Jose got given a touchline ban for encroaching millimetres onto the pitch? Yet Weetabix teeth has free reign. I’m delighted they won’t get anywhere near the title this season.

NewYorkRed

I always thought arthur was a terrific player. Not sure it hasn’t worked out for him at barca of juve, but he’s the same mold as an FDJ. Don’t think him and Thiago can play in the same team, so I’m guessing he’ll play when Thiago is out. If he plays to potential though then its a very, very good signing for them. We should’ve done it if he was available on a season long loan when it was clear we weren’t getting FDJ.

TheReligion

Abusive
I always thought arthur was a terrific player. Not sure it hasn’t worked out for him at barca of juve, but he’s the same mold as an FDJ. Don’t think him and Thiago can play in the same team, so I’m guessing he’ll play when Thiago is out. If he plays to potential though then its a very, very good signing for them. We should’ve done it if he was available on a season long loan when it was clear we weren’t getting FDJ.
He’s flopped at both Barca and Juve now.

Rabiot gets more minutes!

Juve being happy to move him on deadline day says something really..

Skills

Snitch
Completely agree. Oppo teams wouldn't dare do this against peak Salah and Mane, but an old Salah and Diaz are a lot more manageable.

The other side is Hendo and even a 'younger' Milner (Wijnaldum) used to be the guard dogs hunting down any ambitious wingers trying to exploit our FBs. But both of those old dogs need putting down too.

We have a few issues, which could be covered in one window if we were an oil club. But we'll have to wait for a few windows. :(
Nunez changes that dynamic though. You've got a real CF who can pin the CBs back, which gives you different options.

Attrition is a normal part of football, players get older and less sharper, and their games change. And you're never going to get 1-1 replacements of the players you've had in the past. The question is have you guys backed the right horses now in Diaz & Nunez for the way you'll be playing going forward?

RedCurry

At the moment, Diaz+Nunez+old Salah seems hugely inferior to Mane+Firmino+Salah all in their prime. Klopp has a rebuild on his hands.

cyberman

Liverpool have nothing about them. They just have runners with little creativity

FatTails

Funny but a tad unfortunate. They were the only thing keeping the league a bit interesting and despite all their efforts, City have been winning titles on autopilot.

NewYorkRed

I have been saying this for 3 years now. They are not an elite team. I have no idea how to explain their success but the luck had to end at some point.

Manncunian

I have been saying this for 3 years now. They are not an elite team. I have no idea how to explain their success but the luck had to end at some point.
This in spades.

The gap in quality between Liverpool’s and City’s football has always been far greater than the points tally has ever demonstrated.

AndySmith1990

That's just nonsense. They were/are an elite team. Two games away from winning every trophy available, on top of winning the PL and CL in the previous few seasons. Only elite teams do such a thing.

The life cycle of all top teams eventually ends though, at least temporarily, and Liverpool are reaching theirs and will need to once again need excellent recruitment to replace aging players, and reach the level of previous seasons.

Zen86

They hit a purple patch for a few years where they were punching above their weight. All their signings just seemed to click, they mostly avoided serious injuries, and their fitness levels were ridiculous. The run is coming to an end however. They were never going to be able to keep pace with City for long, this is just the end of the cycle for a team that isn’t artificially doped.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
That's just nonsense. They were/are an elite team. Two games away from winning every trophy available, on top of winning the PL and CL in the previous few seasons. Only elite teams do such a thing.

The life cycle of all top teams eventually ends though, at least temporarily, and Liverpool are reaching theirs and will need to once again need excellent recruitment to replace aging players, and reach the level of previous seasons.
Nope, elite teams WIN trophies.

Member 125398

They will be losing the fear factor, which will change how teams play against them. Lets hope they go down.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
And that didn’t even go to VAR. Meanwhile, Coady’s left testicle being in an offside position when he scored goes to the line drawers in an instant.
The offside were pretty clear unfortunately, and poor from Coady. So disappointing because Coady scoring the winner against Pool would have been glorious

MinGin

Funny but a tad unfortunate. They were the only thing keeping the league a bit interesting and despite all their efforts, City have been winning titles on autopilot.
No way Liverpool can compete with City when they have a proven goalscorer this season

Relevant

Go on......give it your best shot, otherwise it sounds like magic and I guess you don't believe in that.

Look a bit gassed so far this season to be fair though, maybe injuries and age of certain players catching up with them.

cyberman

They still have plenty of "luck"

It’s really shocking. All this sliding down the ankle so it’s not a red nonsense doesn’t make sense when it a motion like this. It has to slide down the players ankle because that’s what happens when you have to touch the ground

little.triangles

Jenas saw this and said that VVD got him on the foot with a straight face.
What is it about Liverpool that even pundits who never played for them still want to make ridiculous excuses for them?

I know why they hate United (envy and losing routinely to Fergie), but what explains the soft spot for Liverpool? Maybe they don't want a roasting on RAWK.