Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
"I don't know if the Man United game was that bad that we have to say sorry we didn't smash them?"

The cretin is obsessed with the weekend's result. We've literally broken him by playing a low block with some defensive discipline.
"Waaaaa they didn't make the game super open which favours my one way of playing football, that's so unfair!"

Also, can't he ask the stadium manager to turn up the speakers so the pre-recorded crowd noise is louder?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like he's just firing up our match-going fans in order to have a good atmosphere for the big game this weekend. If the Caf is to be believed the atmosphere against Utd last weekend wasn't all that great either so if today was more of the same, it's not a surprise he mentions it with an eye on next weekend imo.

Nothing to see here.
You're probably right but this is the kind of thing City routinely get mocked for when Pep begs their fans for more atmosphere, so :wenger: :lol:

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Not really surprising that we aren't quite at the level of one of the best sides the PL has ever seen, hard to replicate such a level a few years down the road with half a different squad to be honest.

We're still grinding out results, you can look at it from two different angles: we've been lucky to score late winners, or we just wear our opponents down and eventually find a way to score / win the game, one way or another. Just one L in 17 leagues games and that was the one at Spurs with the wrongfully disallowed goal VAR fiasco, so could've definitely gone differently as well.

We don't need to be near the peak-Klopp side to challenge for the league this season, City is clearly suffering from the "year-after-a-Treble" thing and Arsenal, while definitely a very good side, are not unbeatable either and I can easily see them dropping points in quite a few games down the road. It's still a long season.
I don't think you have seen a lot of Premier league sides. Liverpool were Leicester 2.0 that year.

TheReligion

Abusive
Looks like he's just firing up our match-going fans in order to have a good atmosphere for the big game this weekend. If the Caf is to be believed the atmosphere against Utd last weekend wasn't all that great either so if today was more of the same, it's not a surprise he mentions it with an eye on next weekend imo.

Nothing to see here.

Yeah this is nothing.
Sounds like he’s begging the fans.

How pathetic :lol:

Mike Smalling

I sounds a bit dickish, for sure, but I also think he will probably get a reaction out of the Anfield crowd, which is what he is looking for.

Often times when Klopp sounds petty or whiny, he is trying to influence someone to do something that will help Liverpool. This time it's riling up the crowd, and we have also seen him put referees under pressure (with good results for Liverpool, you might add). When he whines about scheduling, he is trying to put pressure on the league officials, or maybe just deflect from a bad performance. SAF did something similar for decades. The one time where it's just purely pathetic and small is when he whines about the opposing teams tactics.

tomaldinho1

I sounds a bit dickish, for sure, but I also think he will probably get a reaction out of the Anfield crowd, which is what he is looking for.

Often times when Klopp sounds petty or whiny, he is trying to influence someone to do something that will help Liverpool. This time it's riling up the crowd, and we have also seen him put referees under pressure (with good results for Liverpool, you might add). When he whines about scheduling, he is trying to put pressure on the league officials, or maybe just deflect from a bad performance. SAF did something similar for decades. The one time where it's just purely pathetic and small is when he whines about the opposing teams tactics.
Yeah he annoyingly normally gets some kind of reaction - like when we didn't get a penalty for fecking ages after his comments. I'd imagine the knock on effect of firing up the crowd is more for influencing refs than just being loud and supporting the team. Get a Pool player to go down under the first questionable tackle, other players swarm the ref, the crowd goes wild and he gnashes his great teeth in the 4th officials ear...even if it doesn't get punished it puts the idea in the refs head.

putzmcgee123

Sounds like he’s begging the fans.

How pathetic :lol:
Taking a page from the book of a certain fradulent, bald guy. To be fair, Man City fans deserve the flak. Jurgen is just looking for something to whine about, as he normally does.

sugar_kane

Are managers drug tested in the same way players are? Him and Pep seem off their tits most of the time.

Also, today I learned Klopp got mad at the Liverpool crowd for singing his “I Feel Fine” song, what a goofball.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Are managers drug tested in the same way players are? Him and Pep seem off their tits most of the time.

Also, today I learned Klopp got mad at the Liverpool crowd for singing his “I Feel Fine” song, what a goofball.
Pep is definitely a user of something(s). Klopp is just an unhinged weirdo.

always_hoping

2 in a row without a win at home. So much for their 'fortress'.
Between the grass is too long, floodlights are too bright, teams defending too deep, officials against him, 12:30 kick offs etc it wouldn't be Klopp if he didn't have a good moan. He moaned about the Anfield atmosphere during the weeks as he believed Arsenal would fold in front of reverberating atmosphere and it didn't work so no doubt back to moaning about something else this evening.

C'est Moi Cantona

Klopp "Who was VAR tonight", interviewer "Oh I don't know", Klopp "Oh, I don't know, great name, so, ok".

And people think Germans don't have a sense of humour!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
1 title in 9 years with €1.1bn spent. Writing on the wall if they don't win title this year.
I actually think he’s almost unsackable over there. Unless he ends 2-3 years out of the UCL places at least.

Klopp will resign when he’s had enough/needs a break before getting sacked IMO. Securing top 4 will be enough this season. Add on a potential domestic trophy etc.

Mike Smalling

His LB could be out for a couple of months just because the clown was too proud to move out of the way.

Oh come on, he wasn’t even out of his technical area. How can he anticipate Saka shoving Tzatzikas into him? It was just unfortunate.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
2 in a row without a win at home. So much for their 'fortress'.
This is a funny comment until you release we haven't lost in the league at home in 14 months and we have one home loss in total at Anfield, against Real.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
What did you smoke on Xmas day :lol:

We'd give our left nut to swap what Liverpool have achieved the last 10 years compared to our shit show
Less trophies than Chelsea in the last 10 years, never mind City.

As good as they've been they really haven't won enough and Klopp needs to take some blame for that for how he treats the cups.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is he going through something personally?

He's been an absolute prick to every single reporter and presenter this year.

Judas

Open to offers
Less trophies than Chelsea in the last 10 years, never mind City.

As good as they've been they really haven't won enough and Klopp needs to take some blame for that for how he treats the cups.
Only reason they’ve not cleaned up is they’ve been up against a corrupt City team. Liverpool have sadly had a ridiculous 4-5 years.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
So many salty tears in here.

Almost makes me feel nostalgic for the years when we were completely bobbins and spent our lives on rawk furiously frothing over Sir purple nose’s every utterance during our own boom-bust cycles :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh come on, he wasn’t even out of his technical area. How can he anticipate Saka shoving Tzatzikas into him? It was just unfortunate.
Too proud to move out of the way though :lol:

Pretty sure Saka should have been sent off in this game. Did he get a yellow for that needless shove? There was another incident where committed a cynical foul to stop a counter.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Only reason they’ve not cleaned up is they’ve been up against a corrupt City team. Liverpool have sadly had a ridiculous 4-5 years.
They finished 5th last year and 3rd in 20/21.