Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's a nasty little shit, isn't he?

Does this mean that Shrewsbury won't get any TV rights money now, either?
I think they lose out on £72k TV money and a bit extra on ticket revenue because we've slashed our prices (gates are split in the FA Cup).

Paul_Scholes18

He’s definitely going to be in the chat room of some random stream giving it large.
Let's just talk shit about him for the full game to see if he destroy his laptop ;)
We have seen him get angry at people in the stand before. Certainly possible to provoke him.

AshRK

Resting players is fine and Klopp has full right to do that but him totally dismissing both the domestic competitions doesn't do good for the future of these competitions. FA Cup whether Klopp likes it or not is more prestigious than his ego and Liverpool fans should understand that. Just saying I won't bother to show up because I am klopp doesn't make sense. I bet if it was Jose doing this media would have had a field day and showed him the importance of the cup. Didn't Klopp know the FA cups had replay, why is he acting all surprised suddenly.

Josh 76

Great. Is there anything about Klopp’s season management that suggests he’s not planning effectively for the end if the season? LAst season Liverpool won the last 9 league games and the CL Final. He’s nailing this stuff. As we now approach a winter break he’s got a fit squad with very few injury worries.
You guys are fecking 22 points clear, stop this bullshit that we only care about the PL.
That's in the bag, so why not go for the FA cup? This is what no one understands.
As for Fergie playing a weak team , that was my answer to another one of your scouse friends who was suggesting I was an idiot for saying Fergie didn't go and try to win all the league games.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Resting players is fine and Klopp has full right to do that but him totally dismissing both the domestic competitions doesn't do good for the future of these competitions. FA Cup whether Klopp likes it or not is more prestigious than his ego and Liverpool fans should understand that. Just saying I won't bother to show up because I am klopp doesn't make sense. I bet if it was Jose doing this media would have had a field day and showed him the importance of the cup. Didn't Klopp know the FA cups had replay, why is he acting all surprised suddenly.
It’s the principle and idiocy from the FA. They announce a winter break then schedule FA cup replays for dates on said break. You couldn’t script it! Klopp is entitled to expect the winter break to be well the winter break.
Given that United asked to be excluded from the competition years ago any comments from United fans about disrespecting the competition are ironic.

Josh 76

It’s the principle and idiocy from the FA. They announce a winter break then schedule FA cup replays for dates on said break. You couldn’t script it! Klopp is entitled to expect the winter break to be well the winter break.
Given that United asked to be excluded from the competition years ago any comments from United fans about disrespecting the competition are ironic.
What did you want Utd to do, say no to the world club cup?
The FA never gave us the choice.
Klopp was having a heart attack even thinking about not going to the world club cup?
You lot think Klopp is God. One day he will show you his true colours, like he did to Dortmund.

AshRK

And sir alex was criticized, wasn't he. Moreover the situation was completely different, he had to withdraw from the competition as we had to compete in the FIFA club WC, just like Klopp had to in the league cup. I don't think many criticised Klopp for that. Here Klopp do not have any other competition to participate. My question is wasn't Klopp aware about the same before the tie against Shrewsbury. I don't understand why is he acting all surprised here. Klopp is just trying to act like a special child who chose to go AWOL when things don't work for him. It's like saying hey I don't like working after 5 pm even though when I signed my contract I already knew there will be days I will be asked to work beyond 5. This is childish from Klopp and because it is Klopp media will just stay quite.

fps

Completely agree with Klopp’s stand, it’s a shambles of an implementation.

fps

That’s not what he’s doing, he is quite rightly pointing out the appalling failure to properly implement the winter break, it is the fa which has put itself in this position quite needlessly.

alexthelion

The winter break is for the Premier League and has nothing to do with the FA. All clubs were warned beforehand that replays would be played at this time. If Klopp can't be bothered to accept the competition as is maybe he should not enter.

AshRK

That’s not what he’s doing, he is quite rightly pointing out the appalling failure to properly implement the winter break, it is the fa which has put itself in this position quite needlessly.
But he knew if you don't win your tie then you would have a replay during the winter breaks right? There are other PL managers too who have a replay and they are abiding with the rules and are going to show up. WHy one rule for Klopp and one for other. Criticizing is one thing but to just not show up at all and act all giddy doesn't make sense. Like I said the only reason some are even defending this is because it is Klopp, if it was any other manager people would have bashed them.

AshRK

The winter break is for the Premier League and has nothing to do with the FA. All clubs were warned beforehand that replays would be played at this time. If Klopp can't be bothered to accept the competition as is maybe he should not enter.
Exactly this.

Paul_Scholes18

Maybe Klopp should just let his assistants manage the games here and there so he get his much needed rest?
Never seen manager rotation, but could be the future.
All teams got two managers that leads the teams for different games.
Could coach and use diffent tactics too to make things harder to predict for the opponents.

Each manager has 11 player he trust each and uses. Although they could mix it up too.

fps

But he knew if you don't win your tie then you would have a replay during the winter breaks right? There are other PL managers too who have a replay and they are abiding with the rules and are going to show up. WHy one rule for Klopp and one for other. Criticizing is one thing but to just not show up at all and act all giddy doesn't make sense. Like I said the only reason some are even defending this is because it is Klopp, if it was any other manager people would have bashed them.
It’s not one rule for one one for another, it is a manager quite sensibly taking a stand. Perhaps he is more powerful but that means he can take it on the chin for everyone else, they were promised a winter break and in the interests of fairness that must be equal for everyone. This is the FA’s fault, no one else’s, they chose to posture on this when they should have done away with fourth round replays.

fps

That last bit is a straw man argument, these “people” you mention don’t exist and the level of idiocy among football fans means someone is bashing someone at all times. I don’t give a hoot that it’s Klopp and not someone else, he’s right to do it, this is all power posturing between the fa and premier league and clubs are being caught in the middle.

AshRK

It’s not one rule for one one for another, it is a manager quite sensibly taking a stand. Perhaps he is more powerful but that means he can take it on the chin for everyone else, they were promised a winter break and in the interests of fairness that must be equal for everyone. This is the FA’s fault, no one else’s, they chose to posture on this when they should have done away with fourth round replays.
And the stand he is taking is stupid. All he is doing is acting in a childish manner and as an entitled brat. He knew beforehand there was a FA cup replay since the start of the season, maybe he should have taken up the issue then. DO you think h e would have done the same if it was a champions league match, no. Like I said other managers are going to show up and Klopp is not.

AshRK

That last bit is a straw man argument, these “people” you mention don’t exist and the level of idiocy among football fans means someone is bashing someone at all times. I don’t give a hoot that it’s Klopp and not someone else, he’s right to do it, this is all power posturing between the fa and premier league and clubs are being caught in the middle.
You are just acting ignorant if you don't realise media gives Klopp a special treatment. You may have taken the same stand irrespective of who the manager is, fair play to you but trust me if it was Jose making such comments and decided to skip the match costing SHrewsbury monetary loss, media would not have been this kind to him and so would many people.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Disgraceful behaviour from him all season long re: the FA Cup and his histrionics are demeaning towards Shrewsbury, which more than likely cost them valuable television revenue they stood to gain from a midweek replay.

What a self-obsessed tosser.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Disgraceful behaviour from him all season long re: the FA Cup and his histrionics are demeaning towards Shrewsbury, which more than likely cost them valuable television revenue they stood to gain from a midweek replay.

What a self-obsessed tosser.
He has no obligation to Shrewsbury.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
P.S. It’s interesting that Klopp rarely (open to correction on this but as I can’t stand the knob, I don’t tend to read news articles on him) receives praise or recognition from opposition managers/managers of lower-league teams which he faces. Ferguson was always championed as a man of class from those lower-league teams he played and even Mourinho and Guardiola, more recently, received kudos for preparing so well for lesser opposition (extensive scout reports, treated with utmost professionalism and respect etc.), yet this jumped-up wanker comes along and treats these lower-league clubs with nothing but disdain.

He’s a disgrace.

einstein

I completely agree with this. The football organization in England is in shambles. There are too many games and players are paying the price with their health just to give the FA and other football organizations a bigger payday. The FA doesn’t care if players get injured by overplaying and we saw this during the festive season with an abnormally high number of injuries. People like Rashford had exaggerated stress fractures trying to play through pain. Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy pulled hamstrings during or right after the festive period. But does the FA care that England has no strikers left for the euros or has been underperforming internationally (partly) because English players have been the most overworked players out of all major countries? No, they don’t. All the FA cares about is the money it‘s getting by having more and more games. I am glad somebody has the balls to take a stand against it, even if it’s Klopp.

And the stand he is taking is stupid. All he is doing is acting in a childish manner and as an entitled brat. He knew beforehand there was a FA cup replay since the start of the season, maybe he should have taken up the issue then. DO you think h e would have done the same if it was a champions league match, no. Like I said other managers are going to show up and Klopp is not.
I think you are missing the point here. It’s not Klopp’s job to organize winter breaks. The FA, the premier league and the football league in england are responsible for organizing when teams play and when the break is. So why can’t they get in one room and decide when the break is? The only difference between what Klopp is doing and what Sir Alex did when he withdrew from FA cup for club world is that Klopp is being clever and using this opportunity to let his youth/reserve team get some senior football experience under their belt.

fps

You are just acting ignorant if you don't realise media gives Klopp a special treatment. You may have taken the same stand irrespective of who the manager is, fair play to you but trust me if it was Jose making such comments and decided to skip the match costing SHrewsbury monetary loss, media would not have been this kind to him and so would many people.
The word is ignorantly, and I have no interest in what the media do, I can think for myself and don’t care slightly that it’s Klopp and not some other manager doing this; I would support their stance regardless.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He doesn’t, you’re right; Klopp’s only obligation is to Herr Klopp.

The shitebag.
It's to Liverpool and their best interests. Their best interests is to win the title.

But he has an obligation towards the competition. If he really hated the replay and wanted a full winter break for himself he should have made sure to win against Shrewsbury.
They're still playing the game aren't they? Who says he didn't make sure they won against Shrewsbury? They were 2-0 up and his players shat themselves.

Paul_Scholes18

I completely agree with this. The football organization in England is in shambles. There are too many games and players are paying the price with their health just to give the FA and other football organizations a bigger payday. The FA doesn’t care if players get injured by overplaying and we saw this during the festive season with an abnormally high number of injuries. People like Rashford had exaggerated stress fractures trying to play through pain. Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy pulled hamstrings during or right after the festive period. But does the FA care that England has no strikers left for the euros or has been underperforming internationally (partly) because English players have been the most overworked players out of all major countries? No, they don’t. All the FA cares about is the money it‘s getting by having more and more games. I am glad somebody has the balls to take a stand against it, even if it’s Klopp.

I think you are missing the point here. It’s not Klopp’s job to organize winter breaks. The FA, the premier league and the football league in england are responsible for organizing when teams play and when the break is. So why can’t they get in one room and decide when the break is? The only difference between what Klopp is doing and what Sir Alex did when he withdrew from FA cup for club world is that Klopp is being clever and using this opportunity to let his youth/reserve team get some senior football experience under their belt.
Why are there too many games? Less now than in the past. Could rotate the squad to reduce injury risk.
I think for EL teams like Wolves this season has been crazy. They have not moaned though from what I have seen.
Got knocked out of the cup, but tried. Maybe not fully in the league cup when they rotated a lot.

If anyone should moan it is them. Not Pool who has had the easiest ride ever so far this season and could rotate if they wanted too.
Them rotating now make sense, but no Klopp or any fringe players is just very strange on all levels.
Even if Klopp wanted his personal break he could let guys like Lovren play.

fps

Champions League isn’t scheduled in the middle of a break, because the relevant organisations communicate properly. As I previously said, this is all posturing between the FA and the PL, and there will only be one winner in that fight ultimately. If they’d organised themselves properly the clubs wouldn’t have been drawn into this, and Klopp will be far from the only unhappy one about the whole setup, so good on him for taking a stand as a powerful figure in football and helping other clubs not have to deal with this in future, hopefully.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Winter break is PL.

F A Cup is (surprisingly) the F A.

And regardless the PL are not monitoring teams and making sure they don't play football.... they just said they wouldn't be happy if teams (who had said "oh woe is me, I'm tired... boo boo") played a lucrative friendly.

Klopp is taking a few facts and mixing them up to make an excuse.

I don't disagree that he has the option of playing the youth team tonight but don't hide behind "it's the FA and PL's fault".

AshRK

Resting players is fine, the criticism is not for that. The criticism is to just completely devalue a competition when it was beforehand known there would be replay.

AshRK

Champions League isn’t scheduled in the middle of a break, because the relevant organisations communicate properly. As I previously said, this is all posturing between the FA and the PL, and there will only be one winner in that fight ultimately. If they’d organised themselves properly the clubs wouldn’t have been drawn into this, and Klopp will be far from the only unhappy one about the whole setup, so good on him for taking a stand as a powerful figure in football and helping other clubs not have to deal with this in future, hopefully.
But that's not how it works. Are FA cup replays stupid? Yes but then that also helps these lower league club. Football doesn't revolve around the big clubs. One has to abide by the competition rules. I wouldn't care if he fields his reserve team (although that's what Klopp has been doing in both domestic competitions since his arrival). But this whole logic I won't show up because I like to have winter break is childish. Yes the FA should handle it better but till t hen every club and manager has to abide by the rules and respect the competition.

AshRK

It's to Liverpool and their best interests. Their best interests is to win the title.

They're still playing the game aren't they? Who says he didn't make sure they won against Shrewsbury? They were 2-0 up and his players shat themselves.
Won't be a surprise in near future he even chose to skip competitions and people would still defend him.

einstein

Why are there too many games? Less now than in the past. Could rotate the squad to reduce injury risk.
I think for EL teams like Wolves this season has been crazy. They have not moaned though from what I have seen.
Got knocked out of the cup, but tried. Maybe not fully in the league cup when they rotated a lot.

If anyone should moan it is them. Not Pool who has had the easiest ride ever so far this season and could rotate if they wanted too.
Them rotating now make sense, but no Klopp or any fringe players is just very strange on all levels.
Even if Klopp wanted his personal break he could let guys like Lovren play.
I don’t like that line of reasoning, that if somebody else is not standing up against wrong, why are you. Maybe you are right in saying that Wolves are not moaning, or maybe they don’t have the balls to make a stand, I don’t know.

Resting players is fine, the criticism is not for that. The criticism is to just completely devalue a competition when it was beforehand known there would be replay.
I am not here justify Klopp, I would rather do something else. But the devaluing of the competition was done long ago, way before Klopp stood up for this crap. The organizers have stopped caring about the football and the players long ago and only care about the money it brings. I don’t know if Klopp’s stance today will change anything or things will fizzle out in the future to the way they have always been but I am just glad somebody is standing up today.

whitworth

Supports
liverpool
If the FA and football league want teams to take their competitions seriously then they need to increase the prize money.

The winners of the league cup get a paltry 100K, and the runners up 50K

Even the FA cup only gives 800k to the losing semi-finalists - its not surprising some of the teams with bigger things to fry cant be bothered.

Paul_Scholes18

I don’t like that line of reasoning, that if somebody else is not standing up against wrong, why are you. Maybe you are right in saying that Wolves are not moaning, or maybe they don’t have the balls to make a stand, I don’t know.

I am not here justify Klopp, I would rather do something else. But the devaluing of the competition was done long ago, way before Klopp stood up for this crap. The organizers have stopped caring about the football and the players long ago and only care about the money it brings. I don’t know if Klopp’s stance today will change anything or things will fizzle out in the future to the way they have always been but I am just glad somebody is standing up today.
Fine. Just I don't personally think it is too many games. For one player to play all games would be hard. 38 league games, 6 league cup, 6-8Fa cup games, 15(+4) Europa league games . Although teams do normally rotate and few sides reach the finals in all cups. It is a great chance to give kids minutes too.
Hard on the manager sure, but he could rest from training at times and let the assistants do some of the work. I think for Europa league teams that start early things gets harder since they do not get a good pre season and less break.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
But that's not how it works. Are FA cup replays stupid? Yes but then that also helps these lower league club. Football doesn't revolve around the big clubs. One has to abide by the competition rules. I wouldn't care if he fields his reserve team (although that's what Klopp has been doing in both domestic competitions since his arrival). But this whole logic I won't show up because I like to have winter break is childish. Yes the FA should handle it better but till t hen every club and manager has to abide by the rules and respect the competition.
We are abiding by its rules since we're playing our replay tonight.

It's also not our job to fund the lower league teams - if they need FA Cup money to keep their heads above the water, the whole structure of the English football league is wrong. I've seen people say we let them lose out on a lot of money because we're fielding a weakened side, but I could just as well argue the opposite and say that everything they get from tonight is a bonus since there wouldn't even be a replay if we had played our first XI in the first leg.

The only thing which is weird here for me is Klopp's unwillingness to manage the game, but seems like he's just trying to get his point across to the FA. All other "look at the foreigner devalue our domestic competition" is just bullshit imo.