Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Even if we beat Burnley and them they'd still be overwhelming favorites for the league.

We're much improved of late but they're still a far better side with big cup winning experience throughout the side. He's got tonnes of experience himself of course

This all makes his little outburst so bizarre, he's giving his players excuses when he should be getting them focused on the task at hand. Say we do get a favourable decision at there place will that inspire a comeback from them or are they just as likely to lose their heads over it.

For a manager of his experience with a team as good as he has its really odd behaviour.

I'd literally sell my soul for a last minute dodgy penalty winner at anfield
Right now City are odds on favorites to win the league but apparently Pool will become “overwhelming favorites” if they lose their next game and the gap up to both United and City becomes 5-6 points :houllier:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Fake smile, his eyes are not smiling/laughing most of the time when his mouth is, when it is honest smile/laughter, eyes are squinting, you can see lines/wrinkles in the corner of the eyes, and also when it is fake smile you see both set of teeth. When smiling honestly you see only upper set of teeth, not the bottom one. Like you see him in this interview, at the very begining, and when we are mentioned, around 1 minute mark.

Noone told him that before presser. He knew it waaay before. He says "I heard.." and scratches his eyebrow at the same time. He is lying.

P.S. not body language expert (yet), just hobby of mine and read tone of the books about it.
Yes that’s why I found it funny, the commentator picked up on his grinning fake smile.
As for the penalties comments i thought he was making it up as he did that uncomfortable itch and head tilt but I must have miss heard him saying the “just” bit.

hopefulky we have more from him for you to practice your hobby on in the near future:devil:

arthurka

but... but... they’re nearly as good as the (not) “invincibles “
So was his BVB side but that went well.
Should have seen his proper meltdown there, he was almost punching the media or biting through his teeth.
No wonder he had to go with Coutinho and Firminho to get new ones.

stevoc

It's not Klopp but the derangement is glorious to witness:

:lol:

I wonder how they rationalize why the footballing authorities haven't been fixing the game in United's favour for the last 7 years.

And it’s not talked about enough because, for some reason,
From Bentiez to Klopp lifting the lid on conspiracy theories. :lol:

Tarrou

Ole should respond and call-out Klopp out for trying to get in the refs head

maybe mention the GBH on Pogba on the weekend and says sometimes it goes against you, you buck-toothed twat

Redfrog

Eventually they'll get their shit together and create a gap to the chasing teams. Too much quality there to not win. Bit like 2009 United.
Nothing like United 2009.
We had one of the best back line ever and an attack of Rooney, Ronaldo with Scholes and Carrick in midfield.
I am not saying they are not quality but not United 2009 quality for sure.
By the way Salah is missing every chance he get at the moment. Their only potent player in attack right now is Mane.

Flexdegea

Football is fine lines, month ago people looking Ole gone, now we a chance to pull ahead of them in the league, and Klopp had a FHACT moment and big hitters like Tomkin's is writing of the league. Love to see it

TheGame

He's a good manager but behaviour like that is embarrassing. Penalties didn't stop the team from having 1 week shot on goal. He may well be setting the tone so 50/50 decisions go against us now. Clearly he's rattled.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Ole should respond and call-out Klopp out for trying to get in the refs head

maybe mention the GBH on Pogba on the weekend and says sometimes it goes against you, you buck-toothed twat
It´s tempting but in a way I like how calm Ole is in mind games. No need to make a clown of yourself. Then when the time comes he´s got a lot of gunpowder to kill. Our baby faced assasin:-)

Why is everyone obsessed with United? Talking about success and jealousy...

Glorio

Laying the groundwork so United get nothing at Anfield.
Yep ... It's been done before when opposition managers say stuff like this and we get denied stonewall decisions. I think it's more an attempt at mind games on the refs (which I hope doesn't work) than anything else.
You have a tricky customer like Martial on the ball in the opponents box, and you have a high chance of winning penalties - it's a threat we've got and José and now Klopp are actively trying to nullify that threat.

BFernandes

I know it's early and at the risk of jinxing injuries/suspensions etc but how do people feel the below team would fare against this lot?

De Gea
AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw
Fred Pogba
Rashford Bruno Martial
Cavani

If they still have to play the likes of Henderson and Fabinho in the centre of defence we really need to be going there and having a go at them.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's funny how he hasn't complained about Liverpool having way more rest over the festive period than all the other top teams.

rollingstoned1

it's gotten to the point where like mourinho i feel klopp does it deliberately to draw attention to himself and hoping it takes some off his team. they're not playing very well so he might as well.

lysglimt

Scout
He's a good manager but behaviour like that is embarrassing. Penalties didn't stop the team from having 1 week shot on goal. He may well be setting the tone so 50/50 decisions go against us now. Clearly he's rattled.
I would be concerned as well - against Newcastle it was a miracle that they didn't score, but yesterday I was hardly nervous in the last 20 minutes. And the form of some of their players should be a huge concern - I have never seen TAA perform worse than that - Salah was poor, Firmino was poor, AOC apparently was playing - I didn't see him. Only Mane was playing well.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Hope we get last minute soft penalty at Anfield to win the match. Would pay to watch after match interview

Traub

it's gotten to the point where like mourinho i feel klopp does it deliberately to draw attention to himself and hoping it takes some off his team. they're not playing very well so he might as well.
Fergie used to do the same. Many think he’s cracking up and having a go at us, but in reality hardly anyone is talking about how they’ve got 17/30 points for their last 10 games. Rubbish run of form.

Interval

Level
Without a defence?
I understand. Their defence is too suspect. But then again, the quality of challengers also seems putrid compares to 2009. Obviously, unless City can start churning out results. I don't think we can sustain our good form.

Nothing like United 2009.
We had one of the best back line ever and an attack of Rooney, Ronaldo with Scholes and Carrick in midfield.
I am not saying they are not quality but not United 2009 quality for sure.
By the way Salah is missing every chance he get at the moment. Their only potent player in attack right now is Mane.
Yeah. Of course they're not United 2009 that had some ridiculous players at their peak. But like I said, the other title challengers are having their own issues. 2009 United had to keep record clean sheets to win. Doubt Pool will have to do that.

The comparison stems from the fact that they're obviously not in their best form and have injuries. Same as us then. But will eventually grind it out.

Jonno

There's a difference between not being an elite team (or playing like one) and what happened to Dortmund in Klopp's final season. This is no where near that. We're simply reverting to a normal level after two ridiculous seasons like City did last season.
No difference. Dortmund were an elite team with world class players and they tanked. I think you're a year or so away from tanking. Klopp has proven he takes a team, plays aggressive, angry pressing football, and the players can manage 3-4 years. Most of that team moved on and had good careers in different styles of play. I'm willing to bet that Salah and Firminho are looking forward to playing a none-aggressive press style for a Madrid or a Juve, for example.

People underestimate how unusual what Liverpool and City have done over the last three years is. Hitting those sort of numbers is unheard of in England.
You had ridiculous seasons just like any league winner has a ridiculous season. United, Arsenal, Chelsea have had ridiculous seasons but with less points, because the make-up of the leagues in those periods/generations were different to 2018-2021, where teams generally surrendered points to the elite teams more than they would say in 1998. For example, City won with 100 points, that season you were safe from relegation if you got 34 points. Back in Arsenals 1998 league win on 78 points, 40 points got Bolton relegated. So there's a 5 point sgin on relegation sides, and in turn, mid table sides, which results on the elite, ridiculous performers having less points. it doesn't make them any less special than City and Liverpool amassing more points in a different era. It's incredibly unfair to cherry pick 2018-2020 as "ridiculous", as its simply a different era.

I think you really underestimate previous generations of football. Those world class elite United and Arsenal sides have won leagues with 70 something points. That doesn't make them inferior to Klopps Liverpool or Peps City, it means they played in different generations of football. Henry for example played in a different era. When Henry won his first league he scored significantly less than Salah did when he won his first. Do you think Salah is better than Thierry Henry was? Nonesense. Henry was another level above Salah. Points/Goals/Assists/Cleansheets etc all differ depending on what generation you play in. If peak Arsenal from 1998-2002 played in 2019-2020 they would have amassed 95-105 points, without doubt.

Last edited:

Crustanoid

When he started the job he seemed relatively sane in comparison to the previous Dipper bosses.

Over time though the paranoia and mouth frothing has built up so he now sounds like a chronic mentalist every time anything goes against them. It must be something which emenates from the fan base (even with empty stadiums) and infects the minds of all the managers.

Funniest thing is unlike Rafa and KKK we’re not really even challenging yet and he’s still chewing the table cloth and getting enraged, seeing menace behind every shadow.

The poor fool will end up needing decades of counselling and therapy after he gets sacked.

Judas

Open to offers
He's played a blinder no matter how much of a knob it's made him look, everyone's talking penalties and not the fact his team look terribly average right now.

Rolaholic

The fact that he had United on the brain right after a defeat is so funny to me :lol:

Same for Jose making that Bruno dig unprovoked last week, the rivals are starting to feel threatened by us again

Ludens the Red

@Dumbstar

“I hear now that Manchester United had more penalties in two years than I had in five and a half years. I've no idea if that's my fault, or how that can happen.”
You were in the blue moon thread linking victim digs to Hillsborough and were told it had nothing to do with that.
Here’s the Klopp quote which is another example of the Liverpool victim hood mentality. (I repeat nothing to do with Hillsborough)

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Klopp defines his club by Utd! Hilarious really! Almost as bad as Rafa’s meltdown over ‘facts.’