g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I just hope he doesn't take Hummels with him, unless of course he is planning to be LVG's #2, then by all means carry on.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Have to say I'm enjoying the delicious irony of this happening at the exact moment Arsenal are on their best run in years. Arsenal would be all over this if it happened before Christmans but now? Timing is all wrong. Gooners must be so conflicted right now. Hehe.

izec

Cant see him doing well at City with the expectations of instant success and ageing stars. The plastic clubs seem the antithesis of how he operates.

Him + Arsenal would worry me. Or even worse, the scousers.
He could use some youth players + bring in some new ones. I can see him doing well

Roman Bellic

Prick
Have to say I'm enjoying the delicious irony of this happening at the exact moment Arsenal are on their best run in years. Arsenal would be all over this if it happened before Christmans but now? Timing is all wrong. Gooners must be so conflicted right now. Hehe.
Klopp at Arsenal would be a scary sight, not really scared of him going to City.

Varun

Staff
Off to City I feel as others have also said. It'l be a pity, really like the guy.

This will be a big factor in Hummels and probably even Reus moving now.

People tend to forget Klopp's record at Mainz too - Relegation, and failure to secure promotion.
Exactly.

He's had one - I repeat, ONE - good team. Sure, they were fantastic for a period, but that doesn't mean he's ready for a club like Arsenal, City or Real.

The way people are comparing him to Mourinho, Wenger, SAF, Guardiola, LvG, etc is ridiculous. These are managers which have built team upon team time and time again, and won trophy after trophy.

Could he become just as good? Of course, but he still has much to prove.

Revan

Assumptionman
feck. Hoped that he'll stay there for another two seasons.

Hopefully he'll go to Madrid/Barca. Or even Paris. Just not in England. Both City and Arsenal would be scary under him.

saivet

Really? Has Klopp won titles in multiple countries and the Champions League?
Capello has done those things too, I think Trapatonni as well. But I doubt anyone would want these guys, even if they were a few years younger. I just like to look at a managers more recent success first and foremost, rather than heading back to another century.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Don't want to see him at City, he is a likeable lad and doesn't suit a shit club like them.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
If he is smart he will do a Pep and take an year off while listening to various offers. Next summer could be perfect specially if he wants a Pl job

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't fear him going to a club like City. Not like I would someone like Ancellotti or Mourinho. For a start, his system would be very difficult to implement with the players they have there. Dortmund had all the right conditions for him to succeed there.

I'd worry more about Liverpool...

Revan

Assumptionman
The fecker going to an another team most likely will mean that we won't get Hummels, Gundogan or Reus (I guess we are interested on some of them).

Him taking a vacation on the other side would be grand.

It is also quite interesting that if he had left on the previous season, most likely he would have got the United job (apparently Woody likes him).

United22

It is most definitely set up for him to go City... Doesn't seem like good news

Shark

@NotShark
Whatever way you look at it, it's a gamble from City. Klopp is completely untested away from his comfort zone that was Dortmund.

Revan

Assumptionman
Exactly.

He's had one - I repeat, ONE - good team. Sure, they were fantastic for a period, but that doesn't mean he's ready for a club like Arsenal, City or Real.

The way people are comparing him to Mourinho, Wenger, SAF, Guardiola, LvG, etc is ridiculous. These are managers which have built team upon team time and time again, and won trophy after trophy.

Wenger had won a league title (and probably a couple of national cups or so) more than Klopp. His last league title is 10 years ago.

Klopp is the better manager.

SqueakyWeasel

Exactly.

Spurs

saivet

His record this season is abysmal.
Clearly, but over the past 5 or so years. Not just a solitary season. Putting it this way, if we had the choice of Klopp or LvG when Moyes got sacked, I think most fans and even maybe the board would have preferred Klopp.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I honestly can only see him going to Arsenal here. He would be perfect for them.
He would be perfect for them, but can't see Wenger stepping down this year -- especially if he wins the FA Cup. Almost certainly City bound.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Off to City I feel as others have also said. It'l be a pity, really like the guy.

This will be a big factor in Hummels and probably even Reus moving now.
That's the long and short of it. Pellegrini is clearly dead man walking, whereas ditching Wenger would be perverse.

12 months ago I'd have loved Klopp at United. What a difference a year makes.

Timdbro

If he is leaving voluntarily, then all that spiel about his "contract being unbreakable" until 2018, and his commitment to the club etc, will look a bit silly. City also somehow feels like it's antithetical to everything he says about his views on football, but that could just be an impression based on how people who were drooling over Dortmund a couple of seasons ago talked about him.

Raptori

Special needs
Wenger had won a league title (and probably a couple of national cups or so) more than Klopp. His last league title is 10 years ago.

Klopp is the better manager.
How many times have each finished 2nd-4th?

Not saying one is better than the other, just that they're not really comparable at this point.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
People tend to forget Klopp's record at Mainz too - Relegation, and failure to secure promotion.
Before he was pretty good with them too and brought them to the Bundesliga the first time in ages.

GBBQ

If anyting this might mean Pep doesn't go to City and will leave him to take over here after LVG leaves. We can but hope.

Klopp is clearly a very good manager and could definitely improve City or Arsenal but this season at least proves he is not infallible. Fair enough the pillaging of their best players is far from ideal but they survived before and the team he has should be doing much better than 10th.

Classical Mechanic

Capello has done those things too, I think Trapatonni as well. But I doubt anyone would want these guys, even if they were a few years younger. I just like to look at a managers more recent success first and foremost, rather than heading back to another century.
I take it that you are overlooking Klopps most recent work then?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If the City players weren't playing for their manager before, they definitely won't be now, I hope. As someone said Pellegrini is a dead man walking.

saivet

I take it that you are overlooking Klopps most recent work then?
No I'm not it's clearly concerning. But LvG's most recent season before he took over in club management sounded a bit of a mess, though clearly not as bad as what's gone on with Dortmund this season.

bishblaize

Interesting time for Klopp. The gegenpressing thing was innovative when he first dropped it and it took them a long way, but nowadays every team is pressing and so teams are getting used to dealing with that kind of playing style. At Dortmund there have been a bunch of problems this season, but the fact that their tactical approach is neither fresh nor novel anymore is certainly one of them.

That doesnt take away from his many other qualities as a manager of course.

Revan

Assumptionman
How many times have each finished 2nd-4th?

Not saying one is better than the other, just that they're not really comparable at this point.
Wenger is 20 years older though, and has been working on a superior budget. Obviously, he has more second/third/fourth trophies. Especially fourth trophies.

Just that comparing Klopp with Wenger isn't that outrageuous considering that Klopp had won a few tophies too and especially on the last 5 years or so has done far better than Wenger (bar this season).

Status
Not open for further replies.