Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
If Klopp goes to City I hope he takes Kagawa with him.
Because Kagawa>City means Mad Winger>Bluemoon.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Arsenal would probably be a good fit, but it can't see Wenger leaving anytime soon.

kps88

What a turnaround. To think it was around a year ago you had the Caf's Dortmund experts saying there was no way he'd leave until his contract was up.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
If he's not taking a sabbatical:
City or Real Madrid

If he is taking a sabbatical:
Arsenal or Germany
Pretty much. Although I think Barcelona is more likely than Real Madrid.

I´d put my money on Arsenal in 2016. Germany would have to miss Euro 2016 for Loew to be released.

bishblaize

If he goes to city, expect one hell of a busy summer in the transfer market. Look at City's first team on Sunday and I struggle to think which of them would manage a high intensity pressing game week after week.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Who the hell is Tuchel? Is he any good?
He´s the highly regarded former Mainz coach. Basically took there over from Klopp and did even better. Been linked with every job opening in Germany from the national team to Schalke to recently RB Leipzig and Hambourg.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If he goes to city, expect one hell of a busy summer in the transfer market. Look at City's first team on Sunday and I struggle to think which of them would manage a high intensity pressing game week after week.
If you look and the trials and tribulations we have had getting a new system in place, it could really mess with City next season. He is either going to have to retrain the team or their will be one hell of a turnover of players. The latter in itself can cause problems depending how quick you can shift players and get new ones in.

Tarrou

At the moment it looks very much like City doesn't it?

His stock is too low for Real you'd have thought. Arsenal, Liverpool with an outside chance I guess.

ctp

He is the most talented German coach around right now. I rate him more highly than Klopp, his work here in Mainz was extraordinary. He is quite Mourinho-esque, master tactician, but also a bit of a cock.

SqueakyWeasel

Wenger is 20 years older though, and has been working on a superior budget. Obviously, he has more second/third/fourth trophies. Especially fourth trophies.

Just that comparing Klopp with Wenger isn't that outrageuous considering that Klopp had won a few tophies too and especially on the last 5 years or so has done far better than Wenger (bar this season).
You cannot compare any of the European leagues by saying "he came second" in this league or "he came fourth" in that one! It simply doesn't equate … it's like saying someone from the 60s was a better player than Ronaldo or Messi

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
His successor in Mainz, and apparently now his successor in Dortmund.
Great coach, passionate, very much like Klopp, but not as popular because he comes across a bit as a smug (Wenger-style).
I'd even say that his tactital nous is higher than Klopps.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If I was him, I'd wait a year and then take the Arsenal job. City or Real won't give him the long-term opportunity that he appears to be geared for, they're more 'win now or get sacked' clubs. Maybe Barca could be an option depending on how they finish the season.

Sid234

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a year off from football.. I'm surprised he's announcing his departure before the end of the season. They still have the Europa League to play for, don't they?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Arsenal would probably be a good fit, but it can't see Wenger leaving anytime soon.
Honestly, neither can I, but if Klopp is available I could see an agreement in place where he does take over in a couple of seasons as they're a good fit.

After the season he's had? I can't see it.
Even after a bad season, Real won't mind too much. All about the names and the bad season won't deter them much.

Raptori

Special needs
Wenger is 20 years older though, and has been working on a superior budget. Obviously, he has more second/third/fourth trophies. Especially fourth trophies.

Just that comparing Klopp with Wenger isn't that outrageuous considering that Klopp had won a few tophies too and especially on the last 5 years or so has done far better than Wenger (bar this season).
Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at. It's fairly pointless to try to compare their record using stats, all you can really do is compare them subjectively. To be honest I don't see too much of a difference in quality between the two :)

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Odd that this has come out now rather than at season's end? Strange timing and makes it difficult to not connect this with the goings on at the Berties.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
At the moment it looks very much like City doesn't it?

His stock is too low for Real you'd have thought. Arsenal, Liverpool with an outside chance I guess.
I´d make Arsenal the clear-cut favourites after the sabbatical. He has 3-4 German spekaing players that can ease the transition. They have much better and younger talent than City and they are more capable imho to play his brand of football. Honestly you´d probably want him at City, cause a core of Wilshere, Ramsey, Sanchez, Carzola, Giroud, Welbeck, Ozil, Walcott and AOC with Klopp is much scarier than just Aguero. He can basically replicate Dortmund with that squad immediately. Only needs 1-2 reinforcements in the backline.

RedorDead21

Honestly, neither can I, but if Klopp is available I could see an agreement in place where he does take over in a couple of seasons as they're a good fit.

Even after a bad season, Real won't mind too much. All about the names and the bad season won't deter them much.
I can't see them looking past Zidane.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Nooo! Please don't go to City. I'd rather they get Ancelotti than Klopp, Klopp can build a team and at City he won't need to fear losing his best players any moment.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I´d make Arsenal the clear-cut favourites after the sabbatical. He has 3-4 German spekaing players that can ease the transition. They have much better and younger talent than City and they are more capable imho to play his brand of football. Honestly you´d probably want him at City, cause a core of Wilshere, Ramsey, Sanchez, Carzola, Giroud, Welbeck, Ozil, Walcott and AOC with Klopp is much scarier than just Aguero. He can basically replicate Dortmund with that squad immediately. Only needs 1-2 reinforcements in the backline.
If he takes a sabbatical, wouldn't Bayern be looking for a manager in 2016? Isn't that when Pep's contract is up?

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City
But at City he would have the opportunity to build his own team which has got to be much more satisfying than taking over someone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.