Juventuz goes into meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Ok can understand Dybala leaving.

But why Cancelo and Kean?

Walters_19_MuFc

I'm surprised Sarri doesn't want him. He had a lot of success playing Mertens as a false 9, in a 433 system. Dybala would suit that role really well, in my opinion.

That said, I think Lukaku will score for fun in the Serie A.

In regards to what position Dybala should play at United, if he is to join, then it has to a number 10/second striker.

He's a player who likes to link play, get the ball wide and time his runs into the box. Similar to Rooney, if you like.

The only time he should play wide is when we play three in the middle, but even then, based on what we saw in the big games last season under Ole, we'll most likely go with a diamond.

Most games

Martial
Rashford Dybala James
McTominay Pogba
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan-Bissaka
De Gea​

Big games

Martial Dybala
Lingard
Pogba McTominay Fred
De Gea​

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm surprised Sarri doesn't want him. He had a lot of success playing Mertens as a false 9, in a 433 system. Dybala would suit that role really well, in my opinion.

In regards to what position Dybala should play at United, if he is to join, then it has to a number 10/second striker.

He's a player who likes to link play, get the ball wide and time his runs into the box. Similar to Rooney, if you like.

The only time he should play wide is when we play three in the middle, but even then, based on what we saw in the big games last season under Ole, we'll most likely go with a diamond.

Most games

Martial
Rashford Dybala James
McTominay Pogba
De Gea​

Big games

Martial Dybala
Lingard
Pogba McTominay Fred
De Gea​
I like the look of both those teams but God the drop off in midfield quality after Pogba and McTominay is concerning, hopefully Pereira can up his game this year and prove to be a quality midfield option.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We really don't know if Sarri wants him or not. Until before this swap was on the table he'd spoken highly of dybala and the rumours were dybala was one of the players he most appreciated and wanted to work with at juventus

Fact of the matter is if juventus have indeed decided to sell him for financial reasons, then Sarri really doesn't matter

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
We really don't know if Sarri wants him or not. Until before this swap was on the table he'd spoken highly of dybala and the rumours were dybala was one of the players he most appreciated and wanted to work with at juventus

Fact of the matter is if juventus have indeed decided to sell him for financial reasons, then Sarri really doesn't matter
Surely if they get a coach like Sarri with the job of changing the way they play then they also need to let him have the players he needs to implement the new system. Otherwise what’s the point?

If they’re signing Lukaku it must be because Sarri aproves it. Why he’d do such a thing I have no idea, it makes no sense.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Is Ole planning to play him as a striker or some how inbehind Rashford? I said when we were linked with him that I realy liked him as a player but its getting the best out of him in a second striker role that I wasnt sure how he would fit in.
Second striker/AM is his best role and we have played 4-2-3-1 in every game, so ideally he shouldn't be played out of position.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Surely if they get a coach like Sarri with the job of changing the way they play then they also need to let him have the players he needs to implement the new system. Otherwise what’s the point?
If they need to sell and the big offer comes for Dybala, then that's who they will sell

If they’re signing Lukaku it must be because Sarri aproves it.
Eh, Sarri is notoriously uninterested in such things. Maybe he approved Lukaku, more likely he simply trusts the club. At the end of the day guys like Paratici are far better at evaluating players than him, and he knows it

MrEleson

His passing is one of his best attributes. I'd argue that he's better than Eriksen, Mata and Bernardo Silva in that regard, or at least on par. He's also a much better at dribbling than Eriksen and Mata.
I think Dybala is a bigger risk taker when he dribbles. He's more of a threat and more willing to take defenders on 1v1, whereas the others are more likely to look to maintain possession or play somebody else in behind.
These posts indicate to be that you probably don’t watch much of dybala. There’s no way in hell hes a better passer than those players mentioned. And his passing is above average at best or he really just had an off year last season. I don’t really go by stats when I’m judging him but empirical evidence from seeing play every week. He’s at most a 6.5/10 in passing from my eyes. Also, with regards to dribbling there’s at least 3 players on his team better than him at it. The best things I’ve seen him do is shooting with power with razor sharp accuracy. There’s just a way he strikes the ball - so clean and true.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I've come here for posts of Juventus fans going sick, not a discussion of Dybala's attributes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Cancelo for 55 million + Danilo,they insane ?
I dont know why they'd want to sell Cancelo but that's actually a really good deal for them. Good amount of money and a good back up for whoever would have been playing ahead of Cancelo anyway

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If they need money they would surely not do a swap deal for Lukaku but outright sell Dybala.

manutddjw

I always liked Juventus due to Del Piero and Buffon. This forum isn’t indicative of their fans although at this moment it’s probably a fair reflection.

I’d be fecking livid if we swapped Dybala for Lukaku. That’s awful and then Danilo for Cancelo would put me over the edge. I seriously wonder if signing Ronaldo hurt them financially. These are 2 serious downgrades that defy logic to the point you have to conclude it’s money related.

ManRed

Sometimes when I am winning it easy on fifa career mode, I sell my best players and try to win the league just to make things a bit tougher. Maybe Juventus are doing the same?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I always liked Juventus due to Del Piero and Buffon. This forum isn’t indicative of their fans although at this moment it’s probably a fair reflection.

I’d be fecking livid if we swapped Dybala for Lukaku. That’s awful and then Danilo for Cancelo would put me over the edge. I seriously wonder if signing Ronaldo hurt them financially. These are 2 serious downgrades that defy logic to the point you have to conclude it’s money related.
Money related would be if they were selling Dybala and not buying anyone. They're swapping him for Lukaku instead and the wages will be similar so there's no financial gain at all. They don't have to sell if they don't want to.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If they need money they would surely not do a swap deal for Lukaku but outright sell Dybala.
Swap or sale makes no difference, still valued at more than €80m, still a massive profit

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Swap or sale makes no difference, still valued at more than €80m, still a massive profit
How does that make sense?

If they’re selling Dybala for 80 million because they need money surely they wouldn’t go ahead and spend that money on Lukaku right away.

Teams that are short of cash don’t spend over 80 million on Lukaku

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

If they’re selling Dybala for 80 million because they need money surely they wouldn’t go ahead and spend that money on Lukaku right away.

They aren't short on cash, they need the big profit on sale for FFP

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If they need to sell and the big offer comes for Dybala, then that's who they will sell

Eh, Sarri is notoriously uninterested in such things. Maybe he approved Lukaku, more likely he simply trusts the club. At the end of the day guys like Paratici are far better at evaluating players than him, and he knows it
It could also be a simple case of pleasing Ronaldo. He might see dybala as a threat and the big oaf Lukaku is much easier to coexist with for him.

MrEleson

It could also be a simple case of pleasing Ronaldo. He might see dybala as a threat and the big oaf Lukaku is much easier to coexist with for him.
Dybala hasn’t got a patch on Ronaldo and the Portuguese is smart enough to know that he needs to play with the best players to win the biggest trophies.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

The issue may not be that they're short on cash but that they need to make an accounting profit to comply with FPP.

If they value Dybala and Lukaku at 80m each and do a swap, they can amortize the 80m Lukaku transfer fee over the length of a five year contract, so that it technically costs only 16m in the current accounting year. But they can credit the 80m they gain from selling Dybala entirely to the current accounting year, so the swap actually generates a "profit" of 64m for accounting purposes this year. This may be important because by FPP rules you can't post a very big net loss over any three year period and they probably lost a lot of money last year bringing in Ronaldo and were on track to lose money this year buying De Ligt and also adding some big wages of the players they got on frees.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Most games

Martial
Rashford Dybala James
McTominay Pogba
De Gea​

Big games

Martial Dybala
Lingard
Pogba McTominay Fred
De Gea​