g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga - 2014/15

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
"0-2, joke of a league, gonna lurk somewhere"

Turned out missing one of the games I would most enjoy watching all season. :(

Skorenzy

On a side-note, it's great to see the Basque clubs being successful over the last couple of seasons. Athletic reaching a European final in style and qualifying for the CL for the first time in over a decade. La Real also qualifying for the CL 2 seasons ago in a grandiose fashion (scoring the 3rd most goals in the league after you-know-who), although they subsequently failed miserably in the group stage.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Jesus, does Ancelotti think this formation that looks like a 4-2-4 is going to get him through the whole season? No defensive midfielder, not a single player that can close down opponents when they get past the first line of defense, really? Thank God for them they didn't sell Khedira too...

Redo91

Agreed. I think he's made the wrong keeper choice 2 seasons in a row, Iker is better than Diego López but Keylor Navas is better than both.
Personally I think Lopez was more consistent last season. Casillas was brilliant against Dortmund but he had some poor games too most notably in the CL final.

Trizy

I hate Ancelotti's eye brow, it looks like he had a stroke or something.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Yes - today especially Alonso is somehow missed... ;)

It was not Kroos-Modric-James but Kroos-Modric-Isco. James is right winger today.
Sorry yeah, I just mean in general, I presume James will be in midfield once Ronaldo is back.

Still though, Isco's not much better than James in strength and all.

Skorenzy

Still expecting a goal from a set-piece... and there it almost was.

Skorenzy

Benzema should've scored.. on his weaker foot on the turn though, harder than it looks.

Mali_Zeus

Shouldn't have let Alonso and Di Maria go. Kroos-Modric and James in midfield is too lightweight and tippy-tappy.
Exactly, everybody was drooling about that lineup but it's too lightweight without Xabi Alonso or Khedira..
It looks good on paper, but paper doesnt play. :D

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Jesus, does Ancelotti think this formation that looks like a 4-2-4 is going to get him through the whole season? No defensive midfielder, not a single player that can close down opponents when they get past the first line of defense, really? Thank God for them they didn't sell Khedira too...
This is what Madrid do. Build a team full of superstars which after a couple of years finally gains some semblance of balance, buy more superstars at the expense of that balance, and then spend the next couple of years with the most expensively assembled team in history involved in basketball games playing with a broken team wondering why they haven't won more stuff. It's amazing.

Trizy

Benzema should've scored.. on his weaker foot on the turn though, harder than it looks.
Harder than it looks to me and you of course but he's a professional footballer, no excuses.

Skorenzy

Awesome game that was. Very well deserved victory for La Real! Worryingly for RM their best player was probably Ramos, a CB part of a defense that conceded four goals. Modric was impressive as well, but didn't get enough support in DF phase.

Blackwidow

True, letting Alonso go was one of the strangest things i have ever seen RM so.
Yes, Bayern now not only weakening their biggest domestic rivals but now their biggest rivals in the CL, too. First Barcelona's future with Thiago, now Alonso...

:D

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Pérez really does love fecking up the balance of a team doesn't he?

How good is Cerci? Atlético have signed him.

Trizy

While they're fecking up their team we should put in a cheeky bid for Modric.