La Liga - 2014/15

Skorenzy

Cristiano playing like an old-fashioned outside-right and playing his best 10 minutes of the entire game so far. Great interplay just now.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Benzema messed up a counter attack earlier and whistles and boos could be heard from the crowd. Then he does one impressive trick shot and they applaud him when he's subbed.

Worse fans in football.

Skorenzy

Ramos' rep gets him a yellow, unfortunate for him as it was a great tackle and not at all a foul.

Skorenzy

El Zhar... every ball he's touched has become garbage, what the hell was that :lol:

louvega

Without Cristiano's 30 goals RM would have 5 points less. Without Bale's 12 goals RM would have 6 points less.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Grow up Ronaldo. Still not as ridiculous as his CL pen celebration against Atletico, especially minutes after @Amar__ predicted it would happen :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I just don't get him sometimes. How can he be so self absorbed? Bale is getting a hard time from the madrid fans. Instead of helping his team mate settle his constant jesturing and lack of team spirit is probbaly a factor in that.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I just don't get him sometimes. How can he be so self absorbed? Bale is getting a hard time from the madrid fans. Instead of helping his team mate settle his constant jesturing and lack of team spirit is probbaly a factor in that.
His gesturing is the worse. He's always done it. I can't imagine it being very pleasant or tranquillizing for his team-mates. Still remember him livid with Nani after the later failed to score against Ghana (in an very dangerous shot)... 5 minutes into a must-win game.

Phil

He's a a self obsessed perfectionist. A lot of people at the top of their respective game are.

Matchday 28 - 21 March - A clasico and some other games...

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend:

Tonight:
Elche v Valencia 19:45 (All times UK)

Sat 21 Mar 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Atl Madrid v Getafe 15:00
Rayo Vallecano v Málaga 17:00
Levante v Celta de Vigo 19:00
Ath Bilbao v Almería 21:00
Granada CF v Eibar 21:00

Sun 22 Mar 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Deportivo de La Coruña v Espanyol 11:00
Villarreal v Sevilla 16:00
Real Sociedad v Córdoba 18:00
Barcelona v Real Madrid 20:00

First a quick summary:
Barca 65 points - Real Madrid 64 - Valencia 57 - Atletico 56
Sevilla (52) and Villareal (49) are in the Europa League positions with Malaga next with 44 and Athletic miles back with 36.
Down at the bottom 5 points separate 14th from 19th.

Villareal - Sevilla is a good-looking match. Sevilla came out on top in their two Europa matches and Villareal need to show their crowd that they can recover fast.

I only mention this as a reminder that there is more than one match this weekend. However there's no denying that this year's clasico is looking very important in the fight for La Liga. A bad defeat for Real Madrid could hurt not just their Liga chances but wreck what remains of their confidence. A good win for Barca and I expect to hear the "Treble" word getting more and more mentions.

Real Madrid are more or less at full strength. Khedira's out again. The biggest question mark for Barcelona seems to be whether Busquets will be ready to play.

On form, Madrid are going to get hammered, and Casillas will have a mare. However there's no doubt that Ramos and Modric are good for them, and that the pressure on the BBC front three could be converted into a determination to work selflessly for the team. Equally, it's possible that Messi will miss a penalty, Suarez will get sent off for biting Pepe, and Neymar will spend the evening hitting the woodwork.

I dunno' - it'll probably be worth watching though.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Valência winning 2-0 away at Elche. Guess they are keeping the 3rd spot for another week