La Liga - 2014/15

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
ffs I thought the Barca game started at 8pm UK time :(

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
You get your moneys worth in a Barcelona season ticket, thats all you can say at this point.

Skorenzy

So, Suárez won the pen for Messi for 1-0, Messi assisted Suárez for 2-0, Suárez assisted Neymar for 3-0, Neymar assisted Xavi for 4-0, Xavi assisted Suárez for 5-0 and Suárez assisted Messi for 6-0. :lol:

So logically next is another Messi assist?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
So....who's the 3rd Balon D'or nominee going to be just to make up the numbers, along with Ron and Messi?

Hazard?
Suarez?
Zlatan?
Neuer again?

Can't think of that many outstanding candidates tbh. Maybe from Bayern/Juve, should one of them go all the way in the UCL?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So....who's the 3rd Balon D'or nominee going to be just to make up the numbers, along with Ron and Messi?

Hazard?
Suarez?
Zlatan?
Neuer again?

Can't think of that many outstanding candidates tbh. Maybe from Bayern/Juve, should one of them go all the way in the UCL?
Neymar and Suarez could both be in with a shout.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The MSN has already scored more goals in all competitions than Messi-Henry-Etoo.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man

Hazard?
Suarez?
Zlatan?
Neuer again?

No chance for Hazard or Zlatan imo. Who wins the CL will be key. If it's Barca I would bet money on Suarez or Neymar. If it's Bayern it could be Robben or Neuer again, maybe even Lewa if he scores crucial goals in the semifinals/final. If Real wins it and Bale scores some crucial goals I could even see him as the third, which would be a joke of course if you look at the whole season, but who cares^^
Suarez and Neymar have a good chance anyway with 100+ goals even if Barca loses the CL final, they could still win La Liga and Copa and a lot of people prefer players from La Liga anyway when I look at those World XI/Uefa XI every year.

Roman Bellic

Prick
No chance for Hazard or Zlatan imo. Who wins the CL will be key. If it's Barca I would bet money on Suarez or Neymar. If it's Bayern it could be Robben or Neuer again, maybe even Lewa if he scores crucial goals in the semifinals/final. If Real wins it and Bale scores some crucial goals I could even see him as the third, which would be a joke of course if you look at the whole season, but who cares^^
Agree, Hazard as #3 would be overrating him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Agreed with you.

Hahaha Suarez slipping there gave me great pleasure for some reason :lol:

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Makes you wonder how different our season would've been if Suarez played from the beginning.

As for the Balon D'Or, up till the end of year, all that matters is how many titles you have. From November votes swing depending on the goals you score and whatnot.

Raul Madrid

Makes you wonder how different our season would've been if Suarez played from the beginning.

As for the Balon D'Or, up till the end of year, all that matters is how many titles you have. From November votes swing depending on the goals you score and whatnot.
I would say that Messi is the favourite for the Balon D'or this year no matter what happens between now and the end of May. He has been the best player over the course of the season/year. Unless he has a very poor September, October and November (from bad form or an injury which keeps him out or hinders his performance) and someone else shows great form during that time then I do not see how he will not win it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I would say that Messi is the favourite for the Balon D'or this year no matter what happens between now and the end of May. He has been the best player over the course of the season/year. Unless he has a very poor September, October and November (from bad form or an injury which keeps him out or hinders his performance) and someone else shows great form during that time then I do not see how he will not win it.
Nah, even if Messi has been the best it will come down to titles. Balon dor is as much perception as actual performances.

Raul Madrid

Nah, even if Messi has been the best it will come down to titles. Balon dor is as much perception as actual performances.
Over the last few years I would say that the award has always gone to the player that deserved it and who has performed the best over the course of the year. I haven't disagreed with any of the winners in recent years (or even the final three for the most part).

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Great save from Rulli to deny Aduriz.

Bilbao have got some cracking young players coming through in Inaki Williams, Aketxe and Unai Lopez.

Skorenzy

What a fckin save from Rulli to deny a great Aduriz header, awesome atmosphere!

Joemo

whistling in the wind
:lol: Athletic Bilbao awarded Matt Le Tissier their "2015 One Club Man" award. That's a great reward, really shows how much their traditions mean to them.

Skorenzy

Lovely tribute to Matt Le Tissier at the San Mamés... nice idea, that award

Skorenzy

1-0 Aduriz (pen), and a straight red to Mikel González... well.. debatable whether it's actually a foul, but if it was then it's certainly denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Great work and determination by Aduriz to win that header v Rulli and then to get his body between the ball and Mikel.

saivet

Only caught the last 15mins but Athletic putting a lot of pressure on