La Liga - 2015/2016

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
I think it's also a bit of a "perfect fit" type thing. He's truly shining in Celta's system, and is very complimentary with the likes of Orellana, Augusto Fernández, Aspas and Krohn-Dehli before. The thing that's surprised me the most though is his playmaking ability. A few seasons ago he mainly stood out for his dribbling. Nowadays I'd even go as far as to say that he's one of the most effective through ball passers of anyone (together with De Bruyne probably), behind only Messi.
Totally agree. He also can be a bit too selfish at times, which is not necessarily a bad thing, something that he can't get a way with at other bigger clubs. His decision to leave Barca, despite the renewal offered, really paid off at the end.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Crazy end to the Sociedad - Atletico game. Sociedad are already a man and a goal down when Jonathas looks for a pen in the dying minutes, Ref waves play on and Atletico go up the other end and wrap it up for 2-0. Jonathas is red carded in the protests having been on the pitch for about 8 minutes as Real finish with 9.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just heard that the fans were telling Moyes to 'go home' after the loss....

Ozio

Just heard that the fans were telling Moyes to 'go home' after the loss....
I heard someone on ESPN (ESPNFC) say this, but he said it while laughing so I thought it was a joke. That sucks for Moses.
Edit: Moyes*

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
First Liga manager sacking of the year - and it's Paco Herrera of (newly promoted) Las Palmas. Their record this season, 5 points in 8 games.

Herrera led them to promotion last year. They'd been in Liga 2 and 2B since 2002, so he was quite a hero for a few weeks.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
There are rumours that Raúl decision of leaving football can be related to the trial in November against Madrid statutes, changed for Florentino and very restrictive for possible candidates for the presidency.
If Florentino loses the trial would have to call elections , and with this appears the possibility discussed for some time, a candidature formed by ex players.
Florentino offered Raúl to be football director, but his condition was full power , without interference , and Florentino refused.
The candidate for president could be Sanchís , who always maintained his interest ( now is pundit in Cope and writes in Marca) . Hierro, who has experience in the management within the Spanish Football Federation would be in the candidature too.
It sounds difficult but at least for me really exciting
http://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...d-con-florentino-o-contra-florentino_1064362/

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
First Liga manager sacking of the year - and it's Paco Herrera of (newly promoted) Las Palmas. Their record this season, 5 points in 8 games.

Herrera led them to promotion last year. They'd been in Liga 2 and 2B since 2002, so he was quite a hero for a few weeks.
Ridiculous. Two of those losses were away to Atlético and Barcelona. In all honesty he's got 5 points from 6 games including a draw against shit-hot Celta and a win against Sevilla.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Capital based radio Cadena COPE reporting that linesman have filed complaints about being pressured by the referee committe to favor RM in El Clasico, Spanish police are investigating.

Spanish police are investigating a case of pressure on linesman to benefit RM in the upcoming El Clasico. Linesman got told by his referee that he had been given instructions from referee committee to benefit Madrid in upcoming Clasico. When linesman refused, he got phone call from inside Spanish federation threatening him that his career could end soon. Another linesman, from another referee trio, would also have been given the same instructions to favour Madrid in the upcoming Clasico.

The idea is for the linesman to make the wrong calls, because it causes less suspicion than when the referee himself makes them. Threatened linesman filed formal complaint with anti-corruption prosecutor and Spanish police now investigating the case.

COPE confirms the story about a complaint regarding pressure on linesman directly from the Referee's Committee. They name CTA (Referee's committee) member (Former Franco party member and Liga ref from 1985-1991) and published document

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
After reading the post I thought that the member of comitee had worked directly with Franco. Falange is not exactly the party of Franco, was disolved before the civil war. That falange is a residual party trying to imitate the concepts of Primo de Rivera , anyway, Falange is a legal party , and logically his political activism is not related to the fact. We would be talking that being madridista is related to be fan of the extreme right , which is nonsense.
I've been listening cope and Paco Gonzalez ,among others are surprised , especially by the alleged clumsiness of the committee member, who apparently communicated with all refereeing teams who can be appointed for the match, and that made directly from the phone of the federation. They are also surprised by the timing and proximity to what has happened to Messi.

If the complaint is accepted will be easy to check the calls then they will have to find a direct relationship between Real Madrid and the committee, I mean, to find out if there really was a plot or a personal decision of the member, besides, I imagine that if it is true other referee teams will come forward.
Madrid can be walking into a very big problem.
Anyway, for that date I will prepare an accumulative bet with Madrid victory, just in case :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Bartomeu didn´t get the 70 Annual Millions of Qatar, the club also couldn´t reach an agreement with Botemanía for the sponsorship of training shirt, what a pity :( :devil:
http://www.marca.com/2015/10/22/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1445525695.html
Monje(financial vicepresident): "the club can sign but with extreme caution "
" Monje believes that there is " enough room " to negotiate the improved contract of Brazilian Neymar Jr : " The accounting impact it can have is not very relevant in the accounts of the club "
"From an economic point of view we know that the club is in the best economic situation in its history. The debt is about 50 % of revenue . The Barcelona has the best financial health that has had in its history "
http://www.marca.com/2015/10/22/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1445523299.html

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm not sure you understand match fixing. Most of the times it's not the clubs themselves doing it.
Mixed up my terminologies. I know match fixing usually involves illegal betting and this is different.

Match 9 - 23/26 October

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
La Liga this weekend.

Tonight (all times UK)
Rayo Vallecano v Espanyol 19:30

Sat 24 Oct 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Celta de Vigo v Real Madrid 15:00
Granada CF v Real Betis 17:15
Sevilla v Getafe 19:30
Málaga v Deportivo de La Coruña 21:05

Sun 25 Oct 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Levante v Real Sociedad 11:00
Las Palmas v Villarreal 15:00
Barcelona v Eibar 17:15
Atl Madrid v Valencia 19:30

Mon 26 Oct 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Ath Bilbao v Sporting de Gijón 19:30

Celta, Real Madrid and Barcelona are all on 18 points.

Saturday's 3pm KO is between the current first and second placed teams - La Liga's only undefeated teams. Celta have already won at home against Barca. Defensively Madrid are looking very solid, but the forward line (despite their 18 goals) aren't quite firing and with James, Bale and Benzema out a lot depends on Jese or Isco building up a link with Ronaldo. Celta have scored 17 goals, the same as Barca, so they're no slouches. It should be a good game - vamos a ver.

The other obvious standout is Atletico - Valencia. Atletico are starting to gel. Valencia are improving, albeit they're still pretty hit and miss. Home advantage should give it to Atletico.

Barca Vs Eibar. Lets just go with that home advantage line again. :D

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Celta start with:
Sergio, Mallo, Cabral, Gómez, Jonny; Augusto, Pablo Hernández, Wass; Orellana, Iago Aspas y Nolito
Vs
Real Madrid:
Keylor; Danilo, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Casemiro, Kroos, Modric; Lucas Vázquez, Jesé y Cristiano.
Madrid subs: Casilla, Nacho, Kovacic, Isco, Cheryshev, Marcos Llorente y Borja Mayoral.

izec

Lets hope Celta win. Who is this Vazquez fella? Benitez must be a big fan, seen him in the CL squad too.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Lucas Vasquez, he had a good season at Espanyol if I'm correct.
That's him - he was with them on loan. Espanyol bought him at the end of the season, Madrid then bought him back under his buyback clause a couple of weeks later. He's from Madrid's youth team.

Cheryshev has had a similar route, he was with Villareal on loan last year.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Hopefully it's a good game. I haven't been enjoying Real's matches (football quality wise, on contrast with Barcelona even without Messi) but Celta should be a good test.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nice assist by Vasquez and finishing by Ronaldo but Castro screwed up there

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
2-0 Real Madrid against run of play, Danilo (the type of goal he used to score at Porto)

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nolito playing a stinker. Not having much impact on the attack and failing to support the defense.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Keylor Navas, what a player and performance

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Navas :lol: this is ridiculous, defends everything

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Celta down to 10 man, Cabral sent off. This is over, off to watch rugby, should be more interesting