La Liga - 2015/2016

prarek

Godin powers a header and another great save from Domenech. Calderon is deafening now.

prarek

Atletico have been ruthless in the past 10 minutes. Just amazing intensity.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
They are so much better going forward this season. Fun to watch. They also have a lot of talent in the squad. Giménez, Saul, Oliver Torres, Correa and Vietto + Koke, antoine, Oblak.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Feck Spain. El Pistolero, hat trick on his 1 year anniversary playing for Barcelona
Spain reminding the world that one legal complaint against them for corruption isn't going to change their criminal standard of refereeing

Luis Suarez reminding the world he's the best striker on the planet
Oh poor you and poor catalunya. Always the victims of big bad corrupt Spain and Madrid. The whole world really is against you. :(

Stay strong and hang in there, mate. I'm sure justice will prevail one day.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mascherano said to the referee "la concha de tu madre",last year a player of elche was punished with 4 games for the same insult.So if he gets 4 games won't be for the conspiration although I expect him to moan to the press in the next days

prarek

Nervy last moments for Atletico but they hold on for a 2-1 win. Great game.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So Atletico on 3rd place with 2 points behind both Barca and Real. They are close...

Hojoon

A monumentally stupid foul by Godin made it nervy for Atletico in the last 20 minutes. God knows what he was thinking there.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Mascherano said to the referee "la concha de tu madre",last year a player of elche was punished with 4 games for the same insult.So if he gets 4 games won't be for the conspiration although I expect him to moan to the press in the next days
I was hoping Enriques was going to tell the press conference that it's an Argentinian term of endearment :D

He did say that Mascherano hadn't said it to insult the ref, that it was just an exclamation of disappointment, like saying cojones.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I was hoping Enriques was going to tell the press conference that it's an Argentinian term of endearment :D

He did say that Mascherano hadn't said it to insult the ref, that it was just an exclamation of disappointment, like saying cojones.
although I have heard the insult many times among Argentines I never thought if was very serious, the translation is "the cnut of your mother" , could be like "coño" or "cojones" in Spanish from Spain, but from what I've read in Marca and google seems to be considered more serious, something like feck off/que te jodan/me cago en.../vaffanculo, etc.Anyway, to be fair I think that Mascherano found a very bad referee, who heard a bad word and decided to be protagonist. Another referee could have showed yellow card and would be more than enough to calm the player.

Devil may care

Atleti vs. Valencia was a good game, at one point Atleti just completely swarmed them with intense pressing, but they didn't do a good enough job killing the game off in that period. Griezmann was good yet again and Carrasco had the best game I've ever seen from him.

prarek

Just read that the French PM said they would welcome Barcelona to their league if Catalonia get independence.

Match 10: 30 Oct/1 Nov - a Valencian derby and some minnows Vs majors

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Well all good things come to an end and last weekend Eibar, Deportivo and Celta lost while Villareal drew which means there's now daylight between the top 5 and the rest. (Real Madrid and Barcelona on 21 points, Atletico (19), Celta (18), Villareal (17).

Eibar and Deportivo have 13, but the chasing pack on 12 include Sevilla and Valencia so things are starting to stabilise at the big clubs who started slowly.

Levante, Las Palmas and Granada are in the relegation places (all on 6 points) but obviously that's still close enough to the pack that a couple of wins will make them look much better.

Levante sacked their manager last weekend and Las Palmas sacked theirs the week before. I'm hoping Granade don't sack theirs as this season is genuinely the first Granada team that don't look awful to me - so I'm still hoping their results will catch up.

Tonight (from the BBC so all times are UK)
Deportivo de La Coruña v Atl Madrid 19:30

Sat 31 Oct 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Real Madrid v Las Palmas 15:00
Valencia v Levante 17:15
Villarreal v Sevilla 17:15
Getafe v Barcelona 19:30
Real Sociedad v Celta de Vigo 21:05

Sun 1 Nov 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Eibar v Rayo Vallecano 11:00
Espanyol v Granada CF 15:00
Sporting de Gijón v Málaga 17:15
Real Betis v Ath Bilbao 19:30

Villareal V Sevilla ought to be the best match.

The Valencian derby is an important game for both teams. Valencia because they've had quite a patchy start to the season, Levante because they're in a relegation place and have a new manager. Negredo incidentally isn't even in the squad for tomorrow.

Tonight's match, Deportivo - Atletico has been declared as "high risk" by the police. It's only a year since a Deportivo fan died in Madrid after what appeared to be a pre-arranged confrontation between rival groups. On the field though, it could be a good game, Atletico are finding their form and Deportivo won't want to have their great start break down too easily. We shall see.

prarek

Goal Atletico! Koke releases Carrasco down the left whose cross finds its way through some deflections towards Tiago who drills it low.

bucky

It's a shame that Koke isn't playing more centrally, but if Gabi and Tiago keep on playing like they are, there's really no argument.

prarek

Carrasco showing some quick feet down the left dribbling past 2 players but his final ball is deflected for a corner.

prarek

It's a shame that Koke isn't playing more centrally, but if Gabi and Tiago keep on playing like they are, there's really no argument.
Indeed Koke is at his best in the middle but it would be unfair to leave Gabi or Tiago out. Ultimately Koke is the victim of his own versatility because neither Gabi nor Tiago can play on the flanks.

prarek

Juanfran finds Carrasco with a low cross but his shot goes over the bar.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Quite the decent and consistent career Tiago had. Never making himself too much noticeable he's amassed great experience in a variety of good clubs being useful for all of them.

:lol:

This goal

prarek

Big mistake from young Gimenez. He had enough time to make a decision on a harmless ball and dallies on it too long for Lucas to sneak it under his nose. What on earth was he thinking.

prarek

Lovely cross from Koke but the header from Girezmann just glances wide.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Lovely cross from Juanfran but the header from Koke just glances wide.

prarek

Atletico should have wrapped this but i think Deportivo deserved a draw for the way they came out and played in the second half.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
And ends in a draw. @carvajal - did you go?
No,I am not ticket holder anymore.I go only when some friend can't and lend me the card,besides I work from 23:00 and is too late to get ready.
A friend sent me a picture and there was a big banner to remember Jimmy(the fan who died) but I think that Frente didn't travel.
I think that Lucas deserves to go at least to some friendly with the National team.Arribas is also doing a good season,showing character

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Uh oh 4 mins and Madrid already 1 up Isco.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
14 mins and it's 2-0 Ronaldo. It's game over. This will make it easier to switch off at half time to see rugby world cup final.