Rayo Vallecano v Granada CF 19:30
Málaga v Real Betis 21:05

Sun 8 Nov 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Sevilla v Real Madrid 19:30
Ath Bilbao v Espanyol 11:00
Barcelona v Villarreal 15:00
Atl Madrid v Sporting de Gijón 17:15

prarek

Into bottom 3, could be bottom 2 by the weekend. Moyes could be out before the end of the month.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I fear he's going to get fired, and then he'll have plenty of free time to give interviews and punditry work...and unsurprisingly, it will usually be something to do with United.
I can just imagine him and Hargreaves in the same studio. Who can be the most bitter competition.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I can just imagine him and Hargreaves in the same studio. Who can be the most bitter competition.
I should have gotten more time, United treated me as their guinea pig manager.

I avoided his interviews while he has still here too. The questioning in his interviews never seems to be anything but giving him a launching pad to throw accusations at us. No one ever asks him about if he wasn't aware of the top 4 clause, and why he didn't consider why United out it there in the first place. Thats why I preferred him far away in Spain.

DomesticTadpole

I should have gotten more time, United treated me as their guinea pig manager.

I avoided his interviews while he has still here too. The questioning in his interviews never seems to be anything but giving him a launching pad to throw accusations at us. No one ever asks him about if he wasn't aware of the top 4 clause, and why he didn't consider why United out it there in the first place. Thats why I preferred him far away in Spain.
Problem is he could be coming to a club nearer us very soon. Then it will be all we hear.

prarek

Huge win for Valencia against an in-form team. 2 goals each for Alcacer and Parejo.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Levante 0-Depor 1 at half time,again Lucas Pérez.
Del Bosque gave the list for the friendly against England and Sergi Roberto is not in the list :( but he called Costa again.Hopefully will finally do something

prarek

BBC have a good article on Moyes and Real Sociedad.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34755987

David Moyes: Is Real Sociedad boss on verge of being sacked?

David Moyes is in trouble.

The Scot's Real Sociedad team are marooned near the bottom of La Liga - they could be in the relegation zone by the end of the weekend - and a limp performance in Friday's 2-0 defeat against lowly Las Palmas has left his future in serious doubt.

Although Moyes, 52, could still survive through the international break, the club's board have been holding talks this weekend which may result in his imminent sacking.

This is how the story is unfolding.

At crisis point?

Moyes's potential departure from the Anoeta has been a slow burning story for the last few weeks, but in the last couple of days it has started to accelerate quickly.

Sociedad, known throughout Spain as 'La Real', have made a poor start to the season, winning just twice (both away from home) and have nine points from their opening 11 games.

But the real crisis point arrived with Friday's defeat at Las Palmas, which quickly led to reports that the San Sebastian club's president Jokin Aperribay is poised to act and end Moyes's time at the club, perhaps even before the first anniversary of his arrival in Spain on Tuesday.

After La Real's recent struggles, Friday's trip to Las Palmas was always billed as a significant encounter for Moyes's regime, but the general feeling was that his job was safe unless his team delivered a disastrous display.

Unfortunately for the former Everton and Manchester United boss, 'disastrous' is pretty much the right word to describe the way his team performed - or didn't - against a Las Palmas outfit which had previously only won one game all season.

The hosts were clearly superior, deserved their goals from Jonathan Viera and Sergio Araujo, and were rarely seriously threatened by Moyes's team. It took no time at all for furious criticism to emerge from La Real fans - along with serious demands for the manager's head.

Media and fans furious

Until Friday night, the majority of Real Sociedad fans were, while frustrated with their team's results and sceptical about Moyes's ability to turn things around, not yet ready to express outright hostility.

But that all changed immediately after the loss against Las Palmas.

'Moyes' was a trending topic on Twitter in Spain after the game, with very few of the accompanying comments offering sentiments of support. Indeed, many of them finished with the hashtag #MoyesDimision ('Moyes resign') or #MoyesVeteYa ('Moyes go now').

The media was similarly critical, with a summary of the game in local newspaper Diario Vasco complaining that "when this team takes one step forward, it takes two back", and adding that their efforts on Friday night had been directed by "impulse" rather than a clear plan.

Real Sociedad suffered a sixth loss in 11 league games on Friday to increase the pressure on manager David Moyes

As noted by Mikel Encinas, the editor of newspaper Mundo Deportivo's coverage of the club, the main cause of anger was not the result itself but "the image presented by the team".

Most damning of all was a comment piece by Diario Vasco's Inaki Izquierdo, who concluded that Moyes "still bears the impression of someone who has only just arrived and doesn't understand the club, the players, the league, the city, the opponents, the referees, the languages, the stadia, the timetables…"

Moyes himself accepted that Friday's performance was below standard, acknowledging after the game that "the players have to improve, and so do I".

However, he also refused to quit, insisting that he wants to stay with the club until the end of the season, when his contract is due to expire.

Whether Aperribay feels the same way remains to be seen.

Big spender

Whatever complaints Moyes may have about his time in Spain, insufficient backing from his board in the transfer market cannot be one of them.

Considering the size of the club and their relative lack of resources, Real Sociedad spent heavily in the summer to put the most expensive squad in the club's history at Moyes's disposal.

Asier Illarramendi returned to Real Sociedad, just two years after leaving the club for Real Madrid

The biggest signing was midfielder Asier Illarramendi, who was brought back 'home' from Real Madrid after a disappointing couple of seasons at the Bernabeu for a club record fee of around 17 million euros.

Another big money signing was Brazilian striker Jonathas, who had impressed last season with Elche, while the arrival of Portuguese winger Bruma on loan from Galatasaray was another which increased expectation.

The club's board also secured the services of highly-rated young Argentine goalkeeper Geronimo Rulli, 23, who had spent the previous season on loan at the Anoeta and attracted serious interest from Valencia as they sought to replace injured first choice keeper Diego Alves.

The team's failure to progress despite such a heavy outlay will likely be a major factor in the club's decision over the future of Moyes.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Didn't realise they had spent so much money. Surely must be going in the next few weeks then.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Best bit from the BBC piece:

...concluded that Moyes "still bears the impression of someone who has only just arrived and doesn't understand the club, the players, the league, the city, the opponents, the referees, the languages, the stadia, the timetables…"

Skorenzy

Incredible golazo de Iñaki Williams to open the scoring against Espanyol. He scored a cracker in the previous game as well. Athletic silently creeping up the table with some excellent performances and results of late after a poor start to the league season.

DomesticTadpole

Incredible golazo de Iñaki Williams to open the scoring against Espanyol. He scored a cracker in the previous game as well. Athletic silently creeping up the table with some excellent performances and results of late after a poor start to the league season.
I see Laporte hasn't started. I know he is one booking away from a ban, but got a nasty tackle put on him on Thursday.

prarek

He is really good. For their small options of choice they find some good players.
Indeed i think Inaki has a bright future and he's really stepped up a level the past few games now that he seems to be clear of his injuries.