La Liga - 2015/2016

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He should absolutely not say who he supports in public.
Especially so soon after there were allegations that the ref was going to fix the match in Madrid's favour. Can't remember a commissioner or someone in such a sensitive position coming out with something like this.

Match 13: 29/29 November

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Fri 27 Nov 2015 - Spanish La Liga (from the BBC so all times are UK)
Levante v Real Betis 19:30

Sat 28 Nov 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Barcelona v Real Sociedad 15:00
Atl Madrid v Espanyol 17:15
Málaga v Granada CF 19:30
Las Palmas v Deportivo de La Coruña 21:00
Celta de Vigo v Sporting de Gijón 21:05

Sun 29 Nov 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Getafe v Villarreal 11:00
Eibar v Real Madrid 15:00
Rayo Vallecano v Ath Bilbao 17:15
Sevilla v Valencia 19:30

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
He should absolutely not say who he supports in public.
Everybody knows! It's like asking Gill to deny knowing anything about United.

Villar, president of RFEF who supply the refs, is ex-Athletic and widely seen as pro-Barcelona (when it's a Madrid/Barca choice). Certainly Barcelona and Athletic seem to be the only clubs who have anything nice to say about him.

It's normal and almost impossible to avoid, most Spanish fans have Barcelona or Real Madrid as their first or second choice team, and yes, the second team idea gets a lot more acceptance amongst Spanish fans than English ones.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Especially so soon after there were allegations that the ref was going to fix the match in Madrid's favour. Can't remember a commissioner or someone in such a sensitive position coming out with something like this.
Michel Platini's comments about Barcelona "seducing" him in the build up the 2009 Champions League final were poorly timed and inappropriate even if that's how he felt.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Both goals were stunning again, Suárez's more so. Messi exceptional again, Dani Alves too. It's a joy to watch this side.

El Jefe

Most people seem to think Neymar is better than Suarez but I'm not quite sure. Suarez is unreal and is probably the most well rounded forward in the world right now.

Stunning goal.

Skorenzy

Both goals were stunning again, Suárez's more so. Messi exceptional again, Dani Alves too. It's a joy to watch this side.
Neymar, Busquets and Dani Alves have been awesome. Suárez' was an authentic golazo. Messi still doesn't look 100% sharp yet and very passive so far -- did pull a lovely, graceful flick out of thin air to set up Dani Alves for the 1-0.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Neymar, Busquets and Dani Alves have been awesome. Suárez' was an authentic golazo. Messi still doesn't look 100% sharp yet and very passive so far -- did pull a lovely, graceful flick out of thin air to set up Dani Alves for the 1-0.
Haha not sure what happened there, was supposed to say Neymar exceptional rather than Messi (though I think he's had a few good moments too).

Skorenzy

Comical the way Neymar looked to serve a goal up on a platter, had to have had at least a handful of chances

Unreal dribbling from Neymar tonight, unreal :lol:
Hm? His last couple of dribbles (in the lead-up to the goal and then that final chance of the match) were extraordinary, but overall it looked pretty standard. His maturity impressed me a lot, lot more: if any one player was "running the offense" tonight it was him and not Messi. Rarely made a poor decision either (unlike Suárez and Messi who were both rather error-prone in the 2nd half).

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
So after a relatively bad start to season, we are picking up form. Messi still not 100%, though a 75% Messi is still better than most, the shot which hit the bar was unreal. Suarez is coming into his best form and scoring some blinders. Neymar what a player, best player this season.
The midfield of Busquets, Iniesta is really clicking, and with Roberto/Rakitic/Turan we have good backup. Felling good..

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So after a relatively bad start to season, we are picking up form. Messi still not 100%, though a 75% Messi is still better than most, the shot which hit the bar was unreal. Suarez is coming into his best form and scoring some blinders. Neymar what a player, best player this season.
The midfield of Busquets, Iniesta is really clicking, and with Roberto/Rakitic/Turan we have good backup. Felling good..
You also have Aleix Vidal who can provide depth on the right wing.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I wonder what the opposition dressing room looks like after they get spanked by Barca.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Barcelona are just insanely good. A joy to watch. I wish we had just one player with the talent of their front 6.

They have established themselves in the last ten years as the pinnacle of football.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A nice story in As. I had heard it before but did not know exactly who was doing it . A fan has been 17 years leaving a bunch of flowers in the corner, in tribute to Milinko Pantic , one of the heroes of Atlético in 95/96.
Apparently Pantic didn´t like the flowers because bothered him to kick the corners . The fan managed to contact him through an employee , with a note saying "Don´t throw the carnations, they are for you" .After that, Milinko felt guilty and contacted the lady, starting a very close relationship with all the family
http://as.com/videos/2015/11/28/portada/1448737574_543212.html?autoplay=1

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona are just insanely good. A joy to watch. I wish we had just one player with the talent of their front 6.

They have established themselves in the last ten years as the pinnacle of football.
Now don't tell me United doesn't have technical players in midfield/attack. From Basti, Herrera, Mata, Carrick to Martial (also had ADM before this season) there is enough talent and ability. No player can do anything unless they are allowed to express themselves and confident to take risks.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Now don't tell me United doesn't have technical players in midfield/attack. From Basti, Herrera, Mata, Carrick to Martial (also had ADM before this season) there is enough talent and ability. No player can do anything unless they are allowed to express themselves and confident to take risks.
Ha! Doesn't really compare to Messi/Suarez/Neymar. No team does. It sucks for everyone else.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Ha! Doesn't really compare to Messi/Suarez/Neymar. No team does. It sucks for everyone else.
You didn't even count Iniesta who's one of the best technical footballers of the last 20 years. He'll control a pass better with his cock than Rooney with his feet.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I am not comparing at all, I am saying that if United want they could also play a more dynamic game. Whether it's the manager or something else stopping them to express themselves. If you put 1/2 players from Barca in same United team, nothing much will change unless there is a drastic change in the attitude of the management. You can't crucify a player for taking risks or losing posession trying to make things happen like it happened with ADM last season.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Just me it seems. Rafa's Madrid not as watchable as West Ham vs. West Brom for most tells its own story though.
It's a very scrappy game, lively though but there's not much sign of the massive gulf in resources between the teams. Eibar play these games like cup ties and it's great to see. Madrid, you can tell, are just desperate to get through it, pick up three points and go home.