La Liga - 2015/2016

Eddy_JukeZ

Complete different attitude in comparison to Suarez for instance.
Yeah tbf their personalities are different.

I also thought Messi was a bit below his standard even before the injury and I thought the same during Copa. I thought the rest would rejuvenate him though. Maybe he's just not match fit.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Called it. Damn Mestalla.
Actually I think that's a proper scoreline. Bad game by many players, so casual and lathergic. It was terrible to watch. Same happened a lot during Tata's tenure. Busquets made few errors, Rakitic was running like a headless chicken, Messi was in another universe. Only Neymar and Suarez showed desire to do something with the ball.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I wonder if Enrique will play Messi at Leverkusen in midweek. Barcelona have topped the group whatever happens so there's nothing to play for, but it's whether he plays him to try and get him up to speed in a game with no pressure since he looked lax today or if he rests him to give him another week break.

Skorenzy

Yeah tbf their personalities are different.

I also thought Messi was a bit below his standard even before the injury and I thought the same during Copa. I thought the rest would rejuvenate him though. Maybe he's just not match fit.
He does indeed look physically burnt more often nowadays. Although the same was true for 2013-14 under Tata and he made one hell of a comeback to that. Since coming back from injury two weeks ago he's been great against Roma, average v Real Sociedad and now downright poor against Valencia.

Think the Copa in the summer took a lot from him, both physically and mentally.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
But I thought Messi spoonfed Neymar his career and the treble?

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Actually I think that's a proper scoreline. Bad game by many players, so casual and lathergic. It was terrible to watch. Same happened a lot during Tata's tenure. Busquets made few errors, Rakitic was running like a headless chicken, Messi was in another universe. Only Neymar and Suarez showed desire to do something with the ball.
Not really, regardless of how underperforming the team. Took full control of the game and created so many chances. A fair scoreline would be at least 2-0.

Fair play to Valencia, as we did the same last year with a last minute winner against them.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
But I thought Messi spoonfed Neymar his career and the treble?
Messi comes back from injury, hasn't played well, and the jibes are coming in :lol:

Your countryman is never going to get near him, but you can hope.

Eddy_JukeZ

He does indeed look physically burnt more often nowadays. Although the same was true for 2013-14 under Tata and he made one hell of a comeback to that. Since coming back from injury two weeks ago he's been great against Roma, average v Real Sociedad and now downright poor against Valencia.

Think the Copa in the summer took a lot from him, both physically and mentally.
I agree.

Hopefully he gets back to his best soon. Love watching him play.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
what a pussy showing your scars on twitter.. breaks footballer rule of codes.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Dissapointed with the result, should have seen it through and not missed so many chances. Suarez naughty with the stamp, lucky his goal stood but that's the rub of the green you get some days.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Guti with a really poor response. Drawing an away match is normal (though I didn't like the performance of many players), getting kicked out of a competition because of a fax machine and clueless administration is priceless.

Skorenzy

Agirretxe with another two goals as La Real came from behind to beat Eibar 2-1 at home. That means he overtakes Cristiano, Aduriz and the surprising Lucas Pérez in the Pichichi race and moves up to 3rd, behind only Suárez and Neymar.

1. Neymar, 14 goals in 13 apps
2. Suárez, 13 goals in 13 apps
3. Agirretxe, 11 goals in 12 apps
4. Aduriz, 10 goals in 13 apps*
5. Lucas Pérez, 10 goals in 14 apps
6. Cristiano, 10 goals in 14 apps
7. Benzema, 8 goals in 9 apps
8. Javi Guerra, 8 goals in 11 apps*
9. Nolito, 8 goals in 14 apps
10.Rubén Castro, 8 goals in 14 apps

*still to play today

Both Messi and Bale are some way behind due to their injuries and subsequent erratic form, both with a mere 4 goals in 9 apps.

prarek

Some opta tweets after last night.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Not much of a scar. Suarez did stamp his foot but he's being a wuss.
Also he's offside by an inch. Refs give the attacker the advantage in these cases.
I know, and as Fontaine said he shouldn´t be showing it, a bit weird for a CB. My point is that is intentional and red card :p
Agirretxe with another two goals as La Real came from behind to beat Eibar 2-1 at home. That means he overtakes Cristiano, Aduriz and the surprising Lucas Pérez in the Pichichi race and moves up to 3rd, behind only Suárez and Neymar.

1. Neymar, 14 goals in 13 apps
2. Suárez, 13 goals in 13 apps
3. Agirretxe, 11 goals in 12 apps
4. Aduriz, 10 goals in 13 apps*
5. Lucas Pérez, 10 goals in 14 apps
6. Cristiano, 10 goals in 14 apps
7. Benzema, 8 goals in 9 apps
8. Javi Guerra, 8 goals in 11 apps*
9. Nolito, 8 goals in 14 apps
10.Rubén Castro, 8 goals in 14 apps

*still to play today

Both Messi and Bale are some way behind due to their injuries and subsequent erratic form, both with a mere 4 goals in 9 apps.
I had forgot the good season of Agirretxe. However it seems that Del Bosque has no intention of calling him, as with Ruben Castro or Aduriz. I keep waiting for Lucas Pérez to get some friendly

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Well in. Lets not forget Valencia had 10 players missing today. 10! Atleast 7 of which can be considered first team players. They had to promote youngsters from the academy to fill the bench. Vezo was playing RB because both RBs are out. The average age of the team was 22.16. This is a laudable effort.
Is Mustafi injured? And how do you rate him and his time so far at Valencia if I may ask?

prarek

Is Mustafi injured? And how do you rate him and his time so far at Valencia if I may ask?
Yes he was injured. He's not on the level of the likes of Godin and im not quite sure if he will ever be but he's a very good player and one of the fan favorites. He's not tall for a defender at just 6 feet but he's a very good header and does well aerially. He also seems like a leader, shows a lot of passion and interesting fun character. I think with him and Abdennour(who also struggled with fitness this season) Valencia are set for the CB position for a long time. Its a pity the two have not played much together but on paper they seem like a good partnership. Abdennour is big, strong, aggressive tackler. Mustafi is not the finished article at 23(as we saw he made mistakes against Atletico this season) but he's improving every season. I think he would be a better captain than Parejo. His verdict at Valencia so far is undoubtedly a resounding success and a bargain transfer at just €8 million.

Skorenzy

Sporting have been surprisingly okay (for a promoted side) so far this season. Halilovic the absolute stand-out, running things for them and impressively so. Bernardo and Alberto Lora looking very solid. Jony and Sanabria have been rather erratic, but outstanding when on form (like tonight).

Skorenzy

Ridiculous red to San José... he pushed Charles over, but there was no dangerous play, no recklessness, not even any force behind it, no nothing. Yellow and a bollocking from the ref would've sufficed, but instead the fourth ref bought whatever Charles was selling there (he seemed to imply an elbow afterwards).

Last edited:
Match 15: 11/13 Dec | Atletico win, Barca draw, Madrid lose

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga's weekend is already underway:
Getafe 1 - 1 Real Sociedad (FT)

Sat 12 Dec 2015 - Spanish La Liga - from the BBC so all times are UK

Sun 13 Dec 2015 - Spanish La Liga
  • Rayo Vallecano v Málaga 11:00
  • Eibar v Valencia 15:00
  • Atl Madrid v Ath Bilbao 17:15
  • Villarreal v Real Madrid 19:30

Timdbro

First few minutes of this Barça match, I can't take my eyes off Iniesta - the guy just keeps on getting better. Makes me long for the days when we had Scholes in his prime.