La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifeisdream1000

Supports
Atletico
Still don't get how a winger is played as CM in a 4-man midfield.
He's not a winger, we play with 3CMs and a winger most of the time.sometimes even with 4CMs . When Simeone get bit of confidence , he plays 2 winger plus 2 Cm in 4 man midfield. it was a great system defensively and for counter attacking but we couldn't replace Tiago as our 3rd CM and Arda on wing. Don't take someone as winger just because be plays in 4man midfield in 442. we start with only one winger in Carrasco or Gaitan. I hope it helps.It's Cholo's system.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
He's not a winger, we play with 3CMs and a winger most of the time.sometimes even with 4CMs . When Simeone get bit of confidence , he plays 2 winger plus 2 Cm in 4 man midfield. it was a great system defensively and for counter attacking but we couldn't replace Tiago as our 3rd CM and Arda on wing. Don't take someone as winger just because be plays in 4man midfield in 442. we start with only one winger in Carrasco or Gaitan. I hope it helps.It's Cholo's system.
So he is an AM played on the wings sometimes?

Lifeisdream1000

Supports
Atletico
So he is an AM played on the wings sometimes?
No he's a versatile player, can play at many places from CB to CM, but he's not better than CMs or CB we have. He's not an AM lol , his goal against Bayern have fooled many, He's basically an okay CDM .We've been playing with 3 CMs , with Tiago getting older , 3rd slot of CM in 4 man midfield has been given to Saul while Koke moved to Tiago position in 442. Carrasco on left with 3 other CMs in 4 man midfield. i know we're not like typical 442 with use of wingers so it's confusing you. Sometimes Simeone play Both Gaitan and Carrasco in 442, that time we have 2 wingers and 2CMs. In last year against Bayern or Barca we started with 4CMs in Augusto,Koke,Gabi,Saul. That doesn't mean Augusto and Saul were playing as wingers. They were playing to keep defensive organisation compact, this also affected as we couldn't create width and pace on wings, it was apparent at Allianz Arena when Carrasco came in for Augusto on left flank and provided some width. I don't know why you're still confused.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
No he's a versatile player, can play at many places from CB to CM, but he's not better than CMs or CB we have. He's not an AM lol , his goal against Bayern have fooled many, He's basically an okay CDM .We've been playing with 3 CMs , with Tiago getting older , 3rd slot of CM in 4 man midfield has been given to Saul while Koke moved to Tiago position in 442. Carrasco on left with 3 other CMs in 4 man midfield. i know we're not like typical 442 with use of wingers so it's confusing you. Sometimes Simeone play Both Gaitan and Carrasco in 442, that time we have 2 wingers and 2CMs. In last year against Bayern or Barca we started with 4CMs in Augusto,Koke,Gabi,Saul. That doesn't mean Augusto and Saul were playing as wingers. They were playing to keep defensive organisation compact, this also affected as we couldn't create width and pace on wings, it was apparent at Allianz Arena when Carrasco came in for Augusto on left flank and provided some width. I don't know why you're still confused.
it is just a fairly traditional 442/4411, that is rarely used by other clubs nowadays. Two lines of 4 with two forwards/attackers ahead of them. Different players (e.g. Gaitan/Carrasco vs Correa vs Koke/Saul) interpret the role as "wide midfielder" different, but in the end they always have to fall back into formation to defend.

Lifeisdream1000

Supports
Atletico
it is just a fairly traditional 442/4411, that is rarely used by other clubs nowadays. Two lines of 4 with two forwards/attackers ahead of them. Different players (e.g. Gaitan/Carrasco vs Correa vs Koke/Saul) interpret the role as "wide midfielder" different, but in the end they always have to fall back into formation to defend.
Yes but formation look quite different if you play a proper winger instead of 4 cms in 442. Did you notice how our midfield was concentrated in to Centre with no width untill Carrasco came in for Augusto in second half ? ,yes wide midfielder gave different meaning to the system , but a 2 cms playing on wide will be a lot different than 2 wingers playing on wide. Koke also played on wide but he lacked pace and struggled there too. My favourite 4 in 442 has to be Carrasco Augusto ,Gabi and Koke . This when work make it impossible to work against us. Only 2 cms and 2 wingers on wide can work against small teams but against big it'll be tough. Defending and attacking are not same when a winger play wide in 442 , offense look better but defense compromises so Simeone play with 3Cm that revert to 443 while attacking and 442 while defending.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Yes but formation look quite different if you play a proper winger instead of 4 cms in 442. Did you notice how our midfield was concentrated in to Centre with no width untill Carrasco came in for Augusto in second half ? ,yes wide midfielder gave different meaning to the system , but a 2 cms playing on wide will be a lot different than 2 wingers playing on wide. Koke also played on wide but he lacked pace and struggled there too. My favourite 4 in 442 has to be Carrasco Augusto ,Gabi and Koke . This when work make it impossible to work against us. Only 2 cms and 2 wingers on wide can work against small teams but against big it'll be tough. Defending and attacking are not same when a winger play wide in 442 , offense look better but defense compromises so Simeone play with 3Cm that revert to 443 while attacking and 442 while defending.
Oh, I agree. Carrasco has the pace and quality to take on players, while Koke/Saul are just tugged on CMs, who can’t do that at all. Without Carrasco the team lacks an important dimension going forward. Having one natural wide player on the pitch is just a great asset, while Atletico can be very one dimensional without him. I also agree that Carrasco, Augusto, Gabi and Koke is your best midfield 4.

I just tried to make the point, that Atletico often plays a fairly “old-school” 442, where the wide midfielders don’t have to be wingers like in various other more common systems.

Why is Gameiro struggling so badly?

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
This is the program Universo Valdano, where Jorge Sampaoli is being interviewed. This segment is an hour, and Sampaoli talks about his strategies, about the away game vs La Real becoming kind of a turning point for Sevilla, about the 3 real madrid games, and a lot more. The interview is interesting, but I saw it with subtitles, and now I can't find that version, which is a bit ackward.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
La Liga crushing Betis. 3-0 up after 33 minutes with Pereira scoring the 3rd.

What a difference and Icelander makes :)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
13 seconds into the second half and Atleti score. Go Yannick! Atleti were terrible in the first half.

DWelbz19

1-1 Gijon. Can't say it wasn't deserved.

cyberman

The energy has gone from this Atletico side. 3 subs used by the 67th min and they're still getting dominated in midfield.

MullerUtd

What's up with Atletico Madrid this season? They are in serious danger of missing out on top 4 if they don't get their act together. Sevilla is already a couple of points ahead of them and Real Sociedad is closing in on them, with Villarreal within touching distance.

DWelbz19

Goal! Gameiro!

Second assist for Griezmann. Cute little pass inside.

prarek

This is the program Universo Valdano, where Jorge Sampaoli is being interviewed. This segment is an hour, and Sampaoli talks about his strategies, about the away game vs La Real becoming kind of a turning point for Sevilla, about the 3 real madrid games, and a lot more. The interview is interesting, but I saw it with subtitles, and now I can't find that version, which is a bit ackward.

Thanks for the post. Will give it a watch later.

Minkaro

Only watched from the second half (and I even managed to miss Atleti's first then), but 4-1 seems harsh on Sporting. I assume it's finished 4-1, I turned it off on about 88 mins because that bellend with the megaphone was driving me insane. Very clinical finishing by Gameiro, and I thought Griezmann was actually level for that disallowed goal. Lacina Traore looked decent, like the sort of a striker that West Ham or Stoke would be after.

Status
Not open for further replies.