La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
If its United fans, they should know better. Weve had some really shocking decisions go against us, and some really obviously poor ones go for us (shocking too). But media / opposition fans only focus on the ones that go for us because it helps the narrative of "lucky United" "big teams are favoured" etc.
Agreed

Culero

I'm not going to bother mentioning the difficult stuff. Refs can make mistakes, it's only the bad ones, the easy ones, that deserve criticizing. And yes, we get more of those on average than any other team in spain barring barcelona in certain seasons(not this one)

Still, when a ref makes a lot of bad mistakes both for and against us, complaining about the ref seems a bit disingenous, no?
Finally someone that says it as it is. I'm embarrassed by Pique's actions for example.

On another note, Hay Liga! Can't believe this implosion, perhaps getting knocked out by PSG will be a blessing in disguise :devil:

Hojoon

I had even forgotten about this one! Do they hear us cry endlessly about these things? No, bad calls just happen. I guess it's more "exciting" to see conspiracies in everything.

I bet you half of the people crying about the decisions in there tonight are also wondering what those evil planes are spraying in the air.
The worst part is these fools don't have a clue that being a football ref is an impossible job. Anyone who's refereed a semi-competitive game knows this, let alone at the highest level.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
The worst part is these fools don't have a clue that being a football ref is an impossible job. Anyone who's refereed a semi-competitive game knows this, let alone at the highest level.
Yeah, I can imagine. I don't know what these people earn but I surely hope they get paid enough, for all the shit they have to endure.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Finally someone that says it as it is. I'm embarrassed by Pique's actions for example.

On another note, Hay Liga! Can't believe this implosion, perhaps getting knocked out by PSG will be a blessing in disguise :devil:
We've still got a game in hand(in a,difficult stadium, granted), and you still have to come to the bernabeu. We do have to play in san mames and patetico at home, and both will play sevilla at home. You also got to play villarreal and valencia(ultimate game-raising cnuts in the league) at home

So yes, hay liga :lol:

And if we fail to win it this season, Tito Flo will have to consider a serious restyling of the team. I mean, failure this season would make it clear that this team, with these players, simply can't beat barcelona over 38 games. Unless we the CL again. Then everything would be fine :drool:

Inter Yer Nan

Can't stand Barca or Real, but I do have to chuckle at Barca fans claiming refs are screwing them/benefiting Real. Surely there hasn't been a more lucky team than Barca in modern memory when it comes to refs? Just be nice of Sevilla can win the league so don't have to hear about how Real were gifted the league as funny as Pique's meltdown would be.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I once reffed an under 16 girls match and I got a tonne of abuse :lol: I can't even imagine the kind of pressure top level refs are under.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I really hope video refereeing gets introduced soon to help the refs on the pitch. The game has gotten too fast and intense for the human eye. Everybody who watches TV needs replays from 3 different angles and a computer generated offside line to judge the more tricky situations; But the ones who have to make the decisions have no help at all.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not sure why there is such a commotion about Madrids penalty... hardly the most outrageous call in the world. His hands are ever-so-slightly away from his body (as were Ramos' you could argue) not by his side, and he blocks the cross.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
I believe teams with greater reputation usually get more 50/50 calls to their favour throughout the season, but the reactions get amplified when it comes to Barcelona and Real Madrid. But, during these last few weeks, Sevilla robbed Betis for the second time this season (offside on N'Zonzi on the winning goal), and there are probably plenty more examples during each gameweek that we don't necessarily hear about.

However, the same teams sometimes have to pay for their great reputation, because sometimes the referee wants to prove a point in toughness by having a secret personal agenda against either of these teams. I think Barcelonas last 3 weeks is a perfect example of that. When they were vs Betis, the ref and the linesman ignored Neymar being flipped over in the penalty area, and in the very same sequence, barcelona had a ball clearly inside the net; but the refs chose to believe that it was cleared off the line. 1-2 weeks after that game, Neymar seeks a penalty by jumping into a Leganes player, and the ref folds and awards barca for penalty. Give and take.

What bonds us La Liga fans together is that spanish referees frustrates us all; I honestly believe they are the worst ones in Europe. It is not necessarily because they make the wrong calls, it is because they keep an extreme inconsistent level throughout a game. During a typical La Liga match the referee can decide to play mr.sensitive and book anyone for virtually anything, and the minute after he would ignore someone who is being assaulted. As if they only have one rule when being a referee; "Improvise!".

I understand that being a ref must be the worst job in the industry, and it takes a lot of character to put yourself through it. But I honestly believe that some of these spanish refs don't seem to have good intentions when they're refereeing during a game, sometimes it is more about their pride and ego; that is why some of them deserve the heat that they get. I really dislike the job Mateu Lahoz is doing, and can't wait until he retires. To this day I am so happy to never see Mejuto Gonzalez, Medina Cantalejo or 'Gargamel' (Iturraldo Gonzalez) in a La Liga game ever again; and I believe every single on of them deserved heat and critisism.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Nice @SfcNervion

I'd throw in Mallenco, Borbalan & Clos Gomez for sure. Manzano is the new one to add to the list of idiots on RFEF parade. Iturralde weighed in on this after his retirement as well, too many referees in the Primera with an agenda - make of it what you will but he left little doubt what he meant

Officiating killed my love for the NBA years ago, I see similar happening in football

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The agenda usually being "i care about my career prospects more than i care about doing a good job"

Clos Gomez i think is actually decent as far as refs go nowadays, not just in spain but europe's top leagues in general. He's not a good ref but at least you don't want to clock him in the face after the game. Most of the time anyways :lol::lol::lol:

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Nice @SfcNervion

I'd throw in Mallenco, Borbalan & Clos Gomez for sure. Manzano is the new one to add to the list of idiots on RFEF parade. Iturralde weighed in on this after his retirement as well, too many referees in the Primera with an agenda - make of it what you will but he left little doubt what he meant

Officiating killed my love for the NBA years ago, I see similar happening in football
Yes, gargamel hated Sevilla. At least he seemed to do it in practice. :wenger: I forgot about Mallenco...Who I believe had yet another wonderful performance in La Real vs Eibar....

@giorno Haha might be. I always assume that the agenda is just personal, and that it doesn't extend further than that. Some refs just try to prove a point vs bigger teams, and not because they love/hate any club. I don't believe in the conspiracy, that a ref is doing a bad job because of orders from higher hiearki; I think it is rather their own personal bullshit.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Title race could get really tight if Sevilla win their game in hand, they will be just a point behind Barcelona and have probably been the most consistent of all top 3 teams.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
@FCBarca Monchi has a history of being a dramaqueen, so I wouldn't be surprised if did a 180 degree turn and stayed. But, he spoke openely about leaving to Roma or PSG. There is no official statement or farwell from Sevilla, but the few times the subject has emerged, they have talked as if they are working on convincing Monchi to not leave, but it is strongly rumoured that he has his mind set on Roma. So we will see by the end of the season where he ends up.

cyberman

I think Napoli now have a great chance to get past Madrid. Their defence has fallen apart

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
I think Napoli now have a great chance to get past Madrid. Their defence has fallen apart
Napoli is far from being a great team. Madrid is very beatable, but you still have to pull of a very good game in order to make it happen. I can see them being beaten by any of Bayern, PSG, Atletico or Juventus. Even City possibly. But all these teams are better than Napoli, and quite clearly I'd say.

cyberman

Napoli is far from being a great team. Madrid is very beatable, but you still have to pull of a very good game for you to do it. I can see them being beaten by any of Bayern, PSG, Atletico or Juventus. But all these teams are better than Napoli by quite a lot.
It's all about Napoli keeping them out, Madrid are finding themselves two goals down v teams a lot worse than Napoli these days

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
It's all about Napoli keeping them out, Madrid are finding themselves two goals down v teams a lot worse than Napoli these days
Well, it's extremely hard for Madrid not to score. I think they have scored a goal in each of their games since the match vs City last year IIRC. So, Napoli actually has to score 4 goals to go through. Very hard. I have it 90-10 for Madrid.

gaucho_10

Napoli is far from being a great team. Madrid is very beatable, but you still have to pull of a very good game in order to make it happen. I can see them being beaten by any of Bayern, PSG, Atletico or Juventus. Even City possibly. But all these teams are better than Napoli, and quite clearly I'd say.

You get fulled by watching Madrid struggle in the league, but then CL night comes and Real Madrid does the work.

I remember last season after the tie against City people were saying it was a great chance for them to go to the final but in a way that would make one think it was only bad luck that held them down.
Anyone who actually watched those games knows they never had the chance. They had like 2 half chances in 180 minutes of football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And joe hart was the best player on the pitch in both games. The results flattered city

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
You get fulled by watching Madrid struggle in the league, but then CL night comes and Real Madrid does the work.

I remember last season after the tie against City people were saying it was a great chance for them to go to the final but in a way that would make one think it was only bad luck that held them down.
Anyone who actually watched those games knows they never had the chance. They had like 2 half chances in 180 minutes of football.
I don't believe in Zidane as a good manager (so far), why Pepe didn't play yesterday? Hes the best defender they have, better than Varane and the one I don't remember the name on yesterday's game. Benzema needs to be a sub and Morata to be the #9, Isco gives Madrid control and for some reason most of the games I see him in the bench.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona

CL nights are easier when you get nicer draws. The last two tough draws you had were Manchester United and Atletico Madrid (United in 2012-13 IIRC, and Atletico in 2014-15). In the first you needed a harsh red for Nani to go through (when you were behind in the tie), and in the 2nd a red for Arda Turan (clearer) when you were level in the tie. But of course, playing teams like Galatasaray, APOEL, Wolfsburg (who are now fighting relegation) in the quarterfinals, allows you to be more fresh in the semis/final. That is not to say Madrid is not a force in Champions League. Because they are.

That City was a pretty poor team for CL semifinals standards. Nobody really expected them to knock out Madrid.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Atléti vs Depor:

Oblak; Vrsaljko, Godín, Giménez, Filipe Luis; Gabi, Koke, Thomas; Correa, Griezmann, Gameiro

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
They have a chance, but one thing I learned about this Real team is that they can look suddenly sharp again after being extremely dodgy. For them, both defensive compactness and offensive effectivity is a matter of mentality more than tactics.

On special occasions (Barca, Atletico, CL games) they often look much better than when playing lesser teams. Casemiro (who was rested yesterday) will help too, because his one specialty is to fill the holes in Real's defensive structure; Although I think he is a lesser factor individually than better team compactness when everybody runs that extra yard.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
SEVILLA FC-ATHLETIC CLUB, LINE-UP
Athletic Club presents the following starting XI for the match against Sevilla FC:

Iraizoz, Bóveda, San José, Beñat, Muniain, Williams, I.Lekue, X.Etxeita, Raúl García, Saborit, Yeray.

On the bench will be Elustondo, Eraso, Iturraspe, Susaeta, Mikel Rico, Villalibre, Remiro.

That's 3 of their back 4 missing. Gulp!:(:nervous:

DatGuyRich

Atleti have been so bad this season. About time they parted ways with Simeone

Status
Not open for further replies.