Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Adams did a substitution in the minute 17! and it´s not the first time :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
James, Morata and Benz out - Mbappé, Lewandowski and Hazard in. :drool: :wenger:
Yeah. No.

Btw. - how did barca manage to score more and concede fewer goals than Real, but not be clear leaders? Very uncommon standings, that.

wr8_utd

:'(
If you're Zidane, would you field our B-team again vs Sevilla?
I hope not :lol:
With the A team atleast there's hope till Ramos scores in the 93rd minute. With the B team, it's dead and buried in 20 mins.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Btw. - how did barca manage to score more and concede fewer goals than Real, but not be clear leaders? Very uncommon standings, that.
Their first XI is better, but they were more inconsistent. We won a lot of tough games through sheer willpower

Also, this season, refs

About sevilla, i kinda agree with @wr8_utd B team would smash them. A team would smash them too, mind. I'm not worried about that game. It's the final two that worry me

wr8_utd

No way. The CL final is a couple of weeks away and you need to secure the title.
They're probably the only team in the world where the B Team is as good, if not better than the A team. They can play the "reserves" and hammer Sevilla.

wr8_utd

Their first XI is better, but they were more inconsistent. We won a lot of tough games through sheer willpower

Also, this season, refs
I think losing at home to Alaves makes you truly undeserving of the title :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think losing at home to Alaves makes you truly undeserving of the title :lol:
Alaves are good, it was the beginning of the season, messi and suarez were missing. Also, s*it happens

The differences were in games such as deportivo, las palmas, villarreal, celta...all games were we didn't play well and still won through the power of our gargantuan balls of tungsten, luck and refs

They drew or lost a bunch of those tough, ugly games instead

wr8_utd

Alaves are good, it was the beginning of the season, messi and suarez were missing. Also, s*it happens

The differences were in games such as deportivo, las palmas, villarreal, celta...all games were we didn't play well and still won through the power of our gargantuan balls of tungsten, luck and refs

They drew or lost a bunch of those tough, ugly games instead
Yeah I've not been convinced enough by Barca this season. They've seemed super inconsistent from the start and it feels strange saying that since they have the best home and 2nd best away records and the best attack and defense (I think). Something has just seemed very inconsistent with them. They seem to be hitting decent form but a little too late now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
3rd best defence.

When they played well, they blew teams off the pitch. When they didn't, they struggled a lot and couldn't win too many of those tough, close, ugly games. They also got surprisingly shafted by the refs several times in those games(the betis phantom goal and villarreal penalty come to mind)

Basically they were the best at their best, but were too inconsistent and their level dropped too much when they weren't at their best

Conversely, we weren't as good at our best, but were more consistent and especially we still found ways to consistently win ugly

Unlikely lad

3rd best defence.

When they played well, they blew teams off the pitch. When they didn't, they struggled a lot and couldn't win too many of those tough, close, ugly games. They also got surprisingly shafted by the refs several times in those games(the betis phantom goal and villarreal penalty come to mind)

Basically they were the best at their best, but were too inconsistent and their level dropped too much when they weren't at their best

Conversely, we weren't as good at our best, but were more consistent and especially we still found ways to consistently win ugly
Can a single win more really qualify as better "consistency"?

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Can a single win more really qualify as better "consistency"?
Well, points over 38 games surely are the best thing we have to judge how consistent a team is over the season, and Madrid look like the more consistent. Even tho the title isn't decided around 100 point territory anymore, that makes Real Madrid and Barcelona look worse than when they were reaching those heights.

But, the only team that rivals Real in consistency this year in Spain is Barcelona, and yet I wouldn't rate a team that loses 4-0 to PSG and comes back with a 6-1 consistent in any way

I mean, end of the day we could reduce it to "how many situations would make a Real/Barça fan wet their pants".

Real Madrid: Danilo or Coentrao are starting.
Barcelona: Mathieu, Mascherano, Rafinha, Dennis, Arda, Gomes or Alcacer are starting.

It just seems logical that we are worse in the long run, change Mathieu for Nacho or Gomes for Isco/James (god I f***ng wish) and probably Barcelona would've been champions.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
So Leganes are basically safe.
They still need a point. As do Deportivo.

La Liga with two games to play and one more relegation place to be decided:
Leganes 33 (Athletic and Alaves to play)
Deportivo 32 (Villarreal and Las Palmas)
Sporting 27 (Eibar and Betis)
Granada and Osasuna are already down

If Leganes/Sporting end up level on points, Sporting survive, due to head to head results. If Deportivo/Sporting end up level, Deportivo survive.

If all three teams end up on 33 points, they end up using their results against each other to create a kind of mini-league table. But I haven't done the maths for that.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Shame Eibar couldn't finish in the Europa League. Still their highest position ever in the league, right?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They still need a point. As do Deportivo.

La Liga with two games to play and one more relegation place to be decided:
Leganes 33 (Athletic and Alaves to play)
Deportivo 32 (Villarreal and Las Palmas)
Sporting 27 (Eibar and Betis)
Granada and Osasuna are already down

If Leganes/Sporting end up level on points, Sporting survive, due to head to head results. If Deportivo/Sporting end up level, Deportivo survive.

If all three teams end up on 33 points, they end up using their results against each other to create a kind of mini-league table. But I haven't done the maths for that.
Is Leganes home or away to Alaves? I know the Athletic games is away. If at home they will be hoping Alaves rest players for the Copa del Rey final. That could give them a real chance.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
Marcelino finally gets confirmed as the new Valencia coach. Interesting to see what he can do with the team

paulscholes18

Yeah. No.

Spurs last season scored 1 more and conceded 1 less then Leicester and ended up 11 points behind

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tomorrow will probably be Pepe's last match at Bernabéu.I'll miss him :(

Rafateria

Good appointment. I hope he's given some time. I think he can do an excellent job there given time and backing.
I hope so. My daughter's partner is half-Valencian and we spend a lot of time over there with his family when in Europe. I'd love to go to their matches when in the city .. it's an easy walk from anywhere !

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is he fit to play?

Anyways, :(

Hopefully he'll at least be fit for Cardiff and leave us with another CL trophy

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Best center back in portuguese NT history along with Ricardo Carvalho imo. If it wasn't for the antics, he would get more recognition but it is what it is. I hope he stays in Europe for our NT sake.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is he fit for the CL game? Because Pepe is quite clearly smarter than Varane at the moment when dealing with guys like Mandzukic and Higuain.

Status
Not open for further replies.