La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cait Sith

The Bundesliga threads are already ruined. Can you guys stop doing the same in this one? The discussion about the strength of each league always ends up to be petty point scoring. The same arguments are just getting repeated over and over again. If you really desire to waste your time with that, do it in a new thread, please.
Indeed. Was coming here to comment on the games. Reading the same repetitive league comparison arguments instead. If Sterling, Nolito, Navas, Iheanacho and Co. can put 4 goals away from home past Stoke City on a windy afternoon, Messi, Suarez, Neymar and Iniesta would put 10 past those famous tough-to-beat Premier League GOAT midtable defenses (if it isn't too rainy a day, of course). Just deal with it and move on.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Cristiano, Pepe, Benzema and Keylor are not in the team today. Probably the attack will be Bale (who has always scored in Anoeta), Morata and Asensio. Mariano won´t go on loan and is staying in the first team, a very ambitious striker that could get some minutes today. Castilla won 3-2 with a big mistake of Luca Zidane
and 2 goals of Sergio Díaz, a very promising player that comes from Cerro Porteño. I also read that Michu will play in Oviedo this season, good for him, when I saw that was training with a third division team I thought that was about to retire.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Cristiano, Pepe, Benzema and Keylor are not in the team today. Probably the attack will be Bale (who has always scored in Anoeta), Morata and Asensio. Mariano won´t go on loan and is staying in the first team, a very ambitious striker that could get some minutes today.
Damn, was hoping to see Mariano in Sevilla. He seemed very good in the pre season; actually more quality in his way of playing compared to Morata. Is it official that Bale will start? Bold move from Zizou, although Bale must be fit if he is starting, else Zidane would have had no problem putting him aside, as with Cristiano (back in training). Is Kroos back?

EDIT: I see now that he is.

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Cristiano, Pepe, Benzema and Keylor are not in the team today. Probably the attack will be Bale (who has always scored in Anoeta), Morata and Asensio. Mariano won´t go on loan and is staying in the first team, a very ambitious striker that could get some minutes today. Castilla won 3-2 with a big mistake of Luca Zidane
and 2 goals of Sergio Díaz, a very promising player that comes from Cerro Porteño. I also read that Michu will play in Oviedo this season, good for him, when I saw that was training with a third division team I thought that was about to retire.
I'm really curious if Zidane gets this machine going this season. He took over in a very bad situation and managed a great turnaround by winning the CL, although Real's overall game didn't strike me as fantastic under his command so far. This season is his season from the start and we'll see what he is capable of as a manager.

Great to see Kovacic in the starting line up, I hope he has his breakout at Real in 2016/17.

Is Kroos back?
He is.

Last edited:

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Three players missing and Isco and James still don't start, both should leave Real, especially the former.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Damn, was hoping to see Mariano in Sevilla. He seemed very good in the pre season; actually more quality in his way of playing compared to Morata. Is it official that Bale will start? Bold move from Zizou, although Bale must be fit if he is starting, else Zidane would have had no problem putting him aside, as with Cristiano (back in training). Is Kroos back?

EDIT: I see now that he is.
From what I've read Bale demands a prominent role , an issue that apparently was included in the renew talks because he wants to be treated in a similar manner to Cristiano (especially in propaganda for individual trophies) . I think Kroos is training , but possibly Zidane wants to reward the guys for the preseason. I think Kovacic will have a good season .
About Mariano they say that shoots all, at the first touch in the style of Hugo Sánchez ( relatively speaking).

About Morata , I'm glad he is back and I have always been in favor of including academy players but I wouldn not understand that they had rejected a 60/70 Chelsea offer, if the offer was real.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
I'm really curious if Zidane gets this machine going this season. He took over in a very bad situation and managed a great turnaround by winning the CL, although Real's overall game didn't strike me as fantastic under his command so far. This season is his season from the start and we'll see what he is capable of as a manager.

He is.
Yeah, I actually think he will be remarkable for real madrid. If the league would have started from the point of zidane's takeover, then Real Madrid would have finished with the league title, since Zidane's team took most points in la liga since he took over (yes, more than both Atleti and Barca). Quite astonoshing turn around, from benitez's ruins to La Undecima and consistency in the league. Now with a pre season under his belt I think his team will continue where they left off and even be better this season.

With that said; no guaranteed win tonight at Anoeta, Real Sociedad away is hell for all teams.

Hojoon

No Cristiano, Benzema, or Modric but James and Isco still can't get a start, at this rate they won't make the bench once all the players are back. They both should really leave.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Yeah, I actually think he will be remarkable for real madrid. If the league would have started from the point of zidane's takeover, then Real Madrid would have finished with the league title, since Zidane's team took most points in la liga since he took over (yes, more than both Atleti and Barca). Quite astonoshing turn around, from benitez's ruins to La Undecima and consistency in the league. Now with a pre season under his belt I think his team will continue where they left off and even be better this season.

With that said; no guaranteed win tonight at Anoeta, Real Sociedad away is hell for all teams.
I'm not convinced yet, but result-wise it was close to perfect, that's true. Tactically there has been a lot of room for improvement in my eyes. We'll see.

Edit: Great start, Bale is ace.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Great to see Kovacic in the starting line up, I hope he has his breakout at Real in 2016/17.
He is.
This is a piece of an article in El País talking about Zidane influences
"Zidane did not want a degree in Spain . He chose the most complex administrative and enlisted in the DTN . DTN since 1989 represents the most ironclad of conservative orthodoxy. In his book Le Football à la Française , Thibaud Leplat journalist calls it " school of concrete" . Its directors , Gerard Goullier and Aime Jacquet have promoted the block of four defenders and three strong wing midfielders ("volante" in spanish) as the final formula in an industry that does not support artistic license . Conquering the World Cup in 1998 , Zidane 's hand was the apotheosis of the system. As Jacquet said in his book Les Bleus , " today's football does not support jokes ; It is a combat football. This is the mold that is more familiar to Zidane , with nuances learned from ideologues from a similar trend , as Marcello Lippi at Juventus . The Madrid game is ever closer to the ideal of their teachers"
,besides he insisted this summer in the signing of Antonio Pintus, the physical trainer that had in Juve, known for his hardness. For the moment I am very happy with Zidane, he knows to manage the dressing room, is fair with the young players and is realistic(including finally a defensive midfielder) but trying to play passing football.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Woeful defending from Martinez, remember him being linked to Barca and many people rated him highly. Always thought he was weak personally.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
From what I've read Bale demands a prominent role , an issue that apparently was included in the renew talks because he wants to be treated in a similar manner to Cristiano (especially in propaganda for individual trophies) . I think Kroos is training , but possibly Zidane wants to reward the guys for the preseason. I think Kovacic will have a good season .
About Mariano they say that shoots all, at the first touch in the style of Hugo Sánchez ( relatively speaking).

About Morata , I'm glad he is back and I have always been in favor of including academy players but I wouldn not understand that they had rejected a 60/70 Chelsea offer, if the offer was real.
Interesting! That is big words about Matiano, although he seemed to be very talented in pre season. Yeah, I heard Morata and Asensio were in tears when officially presented real players; you always want that kind of players in your favourite team, but I honestly can't see Morata being the striker Real would like to rely on in the long run, barely as the reserve for Benzema, but time will tell. Heard that James finally realised that he is not in Zidane's main plans, which is a shame but yet understandble if he gets sold. He would be a crack in any other team, but since his position does not exist in real's formation (and he is too slow as a winger), so a move would be best for both parties.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bale becoming more and more integral at Madrid. If I'm not mistaken he was absolutely on fire at the end of last season and was one of the biggest reasons real were in the race till the end.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Bale becoming more and more integral at Madrid. If I'm not mistaken he was absolutely on fire at the end of last season and was one of the biggest reasons real were in the race till the end.
Definitely, he has progressed steadily since coming to Real. He is a complete world class player now and has proven to have a knack for important goals. Puts in a good defensive shift today, too.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Asensio is quality, predicted this a few years back watching him at under 17s for Spain. Great finish.

krazyrobus

Wow Sociedad have done the most running, but 2 deadly passes have killed them.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Told you. Morata = spanish Welbeck.
I like his game today. Works hard, links up his teammates well and is busy creating dangerous situations himself.

Great goal from Asensio, so composed and cool at the age of 20.

Last edited:

Skorenzy

Madrid still in first gear here.

Sociedad do not have a prayer here.
They never did really, Agirretxe and Canales out w/injury, Vela, Pardo and Xabi Prieto left on the bench by Eusebio. Juanmi really isn't what you'd call a goal threat.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
That's what you get with Welbeck as striker also.
Ah okay, I do not watch Arsenal that much. I only had the impression that his reputation on this forum is that of a pretty ineffective player.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: This Belgian commentator just said that a Real Madrid film with Justin Bieber in a main role is in the works.

Seriously, wtf did I just hear?

salford_

James not even getting on apparently? He should get out of there, wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he did in fact end up at Chelsea

Hojoon

Bale with a late goal to make it 3-0. He loves Anoeta.

Savic starting ahead of Gimenez for Atletico, maybe the transfer talk has legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.