La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pigue's a bit of a dick. Why does he feel he has to comment everything that has anything to do with Real? I know yesterday was a match between the teams, but the pathetic, 'cryptic' tweets etc. Didn't really need to say anything after a great win, but couldn't resist:
To be fair, they're all dicks.

Apart from Marcelo, he's just delightful.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Barca and Madrid players/fans arguing about refs is like 2 corrupt politicians arguing about corruption.
That's the thing, it's constant politics (I do understand why). Should have nothing to do with 22 men kicking a round object on a grass field.

To be fair, they're all dicks.

Apart from Marcelo, he's just delightful.
Most of them, yeah. But you don't see players in other leagues spouting conspiracy theories on (social) media every other week. It's childish. Just focus on your own team.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Bale has been criminally bad this season.
Keeps getting injured, so can't get into a run of form.

@carvajal @Vato .. whats the vibe around Bale atm, are the fans sympathetic.. or annoyed? and how serious is this issue he's got. Wouldn't mind him coming back to England as long as he's not become a perma-crock.

Fracture90

@carvajal @Vato .. whats the vibe around Bale atm, are the fans sympathetic.. or annoyed? and how serious is this issue he's got. Wouldn't mind him coming back to England as long as he's not become a perma-crock.
True he's been in trouble with them pesky injuries most of the time, but he just doesn't look the same on the pitch. Could be he got feed up with Ronaldo's bull****?

Sparky10Legend

A great player isn't an asset injured.

An average player is. Stating the bloody obvious I know but..... BALE getting to the point where if I were Real I'd think of selling. Very few players, like Robben, who come back and hit the ground running from an injury.

80m plus saving 20m pa in wages. I'd think long and hard if I were Real

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
True he's been in trouble with them pesky injuries most of the time, but he just doesn't look the same on the pitch. Could be he got feed up with Ronaldo's bull****?
Nah.. I don't think its that. Been following Real all season and the guy just hasn't been able to get going because of injury and he should have been entering his prime right now, that has got to hurt mentally.

Also he's quite a big boy, needs that constant supply of games to feel sharp and on his game as he hasn't really got that super neat technical game to fall back on when he returns from injury.. bit like Rooney, needs to be at 100% to be an asset, otherwise he can be a little average in general play.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Not annoyed but frustrated.In the article in As they say that he is working with a machine simulating less gravity(or something like that) but when he faces a more physical/realistic environment he breaks.
So,It happens like with Varane:good performance-3 weeks injury-45 minutes match to get the form-good performance-2 weeks injury...Etc.
Unfortunately we hardly have seen Bale at 100%.
Seeing his age and the amount of injuries in the same part of the leg I doubt that his situation will change in the future

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not annoyed but frustrated.In the article in As they say that he is working with a machine simulating less gravity(or something like that) but when he faces a more physical/realistic environment he breaks.
So,It happens like with Varane:good performance-3 weeks injury-45 minutes match to get the form-good performance-2 weeks injury...Etc.
Seeing his age and the amount of injuries in the same part of the leg I doubt that his situation will change in the future
Hmm.. its funny, everyone was assuming Hazard would come to Real and replace Ronnie, but you might end up needing Hazard to replace Bale as your side needs a dribbler who can carry the attack (other than Marcelo).

It is noticeable that you become a different side when Asensio and Vasquez are on the pitch (who run at players and commit defenders). Opens spaces up for Ronaldo.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Pigue's a bit of a dick. Why does he feel he has to comment everything that has anything to do with Real? I know yesterday was a match between the teams, but the pathetic, 'cryptic' tweets etc. Didn't really need to say anything after a great win, but couldn't resist:
Typical Pique. He tweeted some cryptic stuff after Real's second leg victory against Bayern right before they played Juve at home and got dumped out of CL.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
You're asking too much. :D

Having said that, he didn't touch him. Looked bad but I stand by what I said. If he wanted to take him down, he'd just do it.
If I buy a gun thinking of killing you, then aim to kill you but my shot misses by a few inches I probably would be tried for Attempted Murder, even after I missed.

Then later when I'm giving my statement I tell the jury "you know... I didn't hit him so I clearly wasn't aiming to kill him, if I wanted it he'd be dead already" I doubt they would find that a compelling reason to let me go.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Hmm.. its funny, everyone was assuming Hazard would come to Real and replace Ronnie, but you might end up needing Hazard to replace Bale as your side needs a dribbler who can carry the attack (other than Marcelo).

It is noticeable that you become a different side when Asensio and Vasquez are on the pitch (who run at players and commit defenders). Opens spaces up for Ronaldo.
I don't know how important is Bale from a marketing point of view so I don't know if the club need him in the project.Sometimes I feel that people exaggerates the importance of that marketing matter.
If not I would understand a sale.He earns too much to play a 40% of the minutes

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That last Barca goal was special. Everyone moved with so much purpose and swarmed to get the goal but with control rather than sheer desperation.

GailSpaceWynand

Bale just signed a long term contract, and I know the injury situation isn't ideal but Zizou had the faith to put him on against Barca when not even fit. I think he'll stay if he can keep fit. Asensio looks good, should be starting. Even James will be pestering the coach for a chance after last night's heroics.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
He could use some more rest between games, coming in as an impact sub when he's not 100% and all of that.

Instead, they're making an injury prone player play through injuries and return when he's not 100% fit expecting him to play at least 70 minutes a game, I don't know if its a petty request from Florentino's ego or if its Bale asking the president to play even at his worst, either way they're destroying his career

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791

Was in Madrid couple of weeks back for the game against Alaves. The fans whistle him with any small possibility presented to them.

MalcolmTucker

The defending from Alba and Iniesta on Real's equaliser was shocking, how can they just let a man run off them in the 86th minute in a game they have to win?

Great game though

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He could use some more rest between games, coming in as an impact sub when he's not 100% and all of that.

Instead, they're making an injury prone player play through injuries and return when he's not 100% fit expecting him to play at least 70 minutes a game, I don't know if its a petty request from Florentino's ego or if its Bale asking the president to play even at his worst, either way they're destroying his career
Probably both.Him and the president.I think that he wanted to play against the doctors opinion.
Sometimes I don't understand Zidane.He praises Kovacic and then he doesn't play during 2 months.
Isco is in the best moment of the season but don't play a minute in the important games.
Now the press rumors that he argued with Lucas Vázquez and he has been "punished"

GailSpaceWynand

Probably both.Him and the president.I think that he wanted to play against the doctors opinion.
Sometimes I don't understand Zidane.He praises Kovacic and then he doesn't play during 2 months.
Isco is in the best moment of the season but don't play a minute in the important games.
Now the press rumors that he argued with Lucas Vázquez and he has been "punished"
At a club like RM, it's difficult I think for a manager to get his choice of players every time. So, even though he may be impressed by Isco and Kovacic, he can't drop either of Modric, Kroos or even Casemiro since he's doing his duties so well.

JustJackTheLad

What's the story on Bale? Injured most the season, came back last night and went off injured again?

Since joining Madrid, has he been a good signing/performer? Haven't kept up with him!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I dont follow much La Liga these days... how far ahead were Real?
Madrid had a 3 points advantage.Now both have 75 but Barsa would win la liga.
Madrid have to play a delayed match in Vigo but has a tough Game against Sevilla

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Madrid had a 3 points advantage.Now both have 75 but Barsa would win la liga.
Madrid have to play a delayed match in Vigo but has a tough Game against Sevilla
Thanks mate. I hear a lot of bottle job comments... surely 3 points isn't the biggest of margins in the first place.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Thanks mate. I hear a lot of bottle job comments... surely 3 points isn't the biggest of margins in the first place.
I think that fans were confident because Barsa weren't in a good moment.
They missed easy games as Málaga or Deportivo.
For me the problem is the delayed game.It should have been played months ago and not a week before the end of the season.
Now Barsa can focus in la liga with a high morale after beating us at home

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Two classico's this season, two clear penalties for Madrid in the first 5 minutes not called but he gives a red to Ramos for that.
Don't you talk to me about intent. If he wanted to go hard he would have and midget would be on the grass lying in pain. That did not happen. He didn't touch him.

We have only ourselves to blame for the result by pressing a man down in the last minute of the game but still the ref made sure people tune in for the end of the season drama.
He went hard. That's a two-footed challenge on a player and with the ball out of the picture. Intention, recklessness or sheer stupidity. You can choose from any of that terms, it's a clear red card.

On the other side, Pique is really one annoying person.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Really? I thought both teams gave away ball far too cheaply, were constricted in attack and pretty woeful in front of the goal considering the chances both team missed; exciting match? yes, was a great match to watch but I have seen similar matches in other leagues including EPL. Also, it's a myth that the higher the level of the competition, the better the game will be - it tends to get more tactical and less open.
Can't argue with that. I was only getting across that the number of high quality players and some of the build up by either team was exceptional. And that, even when they weren't at their best. Those games tend to be less disciplined, both in terms of aggression and in terms of tactical positioning but the quality it can produce is second to none. And I can see why these teams are the holy grail for aspiring super stars.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Ronaldo dives like that to win a red card, does the card wave gesture after every foul and that celebration and he gets called an arrogant prick. Messi gets praised for it. I'll never understand these things. And I'm not saying he should be criticized for it, that was a great celebration. It's just that the ammount of people who genuinely dislike Ronaldo for no apparent reason is way too high.

sokol11

I really want to like Ronaldo, after the role he played in our success; but he's just so eminently punchable. Just a complete tool. From the statues of himself, to his preposterous antics and histrionics. It really is impossible to like him. He's a ridiculous caricature of the modern footballer. It gives me great joy to see him lose.
Ronaldo dives like that to win a red card, does the card wave gesture after every foul and that celebration and he gets called an arrogant prick. Messi gets praised for it. I'll never understand these things. And I'm not saying he should be criticized for it, that was a great celebration. It's just that the ammount of people who genuinely dislike Ronaldo for no apparent reason is way too high.
I can see where all this Ronaldo hate comes from. It's his general behavior on the pitch I think. He offers zero effort defensively, doesn't track back, always whining, eyes rolling, hands in the air gesturing, narcissism, diving etc. He became a real primadonna on the pitch. He started behaving like that in his last season at United and it isn't getting any better. I used to really like him but for me he is really making it hard to be liked. Compare maybe his behavior on the pitch to someone like Ronaldinho, Beckham, or if you want a real role models like Maldini, Zanetti, Pirlo. He is a very good footballer but as a person not so much or let's say he doesn't show it. Maybe is his crazy competitiveness but I don't get it how can you only be competitive when in attack an not when you are trying to retrieve a ball. :)

and to:
It was disgusting that - seeing the whole Barca platoon go all out for every fecking decision. When you see the manager and every player get that passionate about decisions (i.e surround the ref and hound him into making a decision), it seems against the spirit especially since he's failing pathetically with his tactical nous. It wasn't just this match - same thing against Juve but at-least that match had a ref who wouldn't be fazed. When a team as capable as Barca has to retort to such unprofessional behaviour, it's a shame really. Having said that, a masterclass from Messi nonetheless - what a beast of a performance.

P.S: Why isn't surrounding refs being disbarred in La Liga like they do in EPL?
My god do I wish Collina was still a ref...

Last edited:

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Because one does it on special ocasions (yesterday, great game in the Bernabeu, putting them under pressure in La Liga) and the other just does it when he can (be it the Camp Nou or against bottom feeders Sporting de Gijon)

Then the diving and asking for cards, there's looooooong videos in youtube titled "Messi never dives" where you can see he mostly only falls down when there's no other option to continue playing, then that's the moment he asks for a card, sometimes after being fouled 3 different times in the same play. Ronaldo has been diving to get penalties/free kicks for almost a decade.

Seriously, would you compare Neymar to Messi or Rooney? Is the same situation

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
You're seeing what you want to then, Messi never pulls an arrogant celebration - the one yesterday, perhaps was more down to the fact that he was kicked all over the pitch and had his tooth knocked out by Marcelo. Enough was enough

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Yeah, if Cristiano looked like Quasimodo of Notre Dame with orange beard then he would also be treated as Mother Theresa's child.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.