La Liga 2017/18

gaucho_10

If we start finishing at a normal rate, we're still very much one of the 5-6 best teams in the world, and we'd absolutely have a chance against PSG
"Us having a chance against PSG", I'll never be able to phrase it like that. No matter how bad we look, fact is PSG is with all the money spent yet to get past a top team in Europe and place themselves in Europe's elite.
Being a world champion in spending money is only part of the equation. This is their chance, not ours.

Having said that, they play in a sub par league and that will always be a limiting factor to how much they can evolve. To their full potential? Never.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
"Us having a chance against PSG", I'll never be able to phrase it like that. No matter how bad we look, fact is PSG is with all the money spent yet to get past a top team in Europe and place themselves in Europe's elite.
Being a world champion in spending money is only part of the equation. This is their chance, not ours.

Having said that, they play in a sub par league and that will always be a limiting factor to how much they can evolve. To their full potential? Never.
Let this season finish first before concluding it. I personally doubt they will win the CL but the potential is scary

gaucho_10

Let this season finish first before concluding it. I personally doubt they will win the CL but the potential is scary
I also doubt it. I have faith in our team and I think we'll go through. Having said that, if they reach that potential in CL, I'll be the first to congratulate them.

gaucho_10

I am surroundef by PSG fans, it is intoxicating I can tell you.
Haha...I can only imagine.

I guess it's similar with City fans now that Pep is there for them to make that last step (which they'll never make because his City will end up like his Bayern in CL semi finals).

Rajma

Haha...I can only imagine.

I guess it's similar with City fans now that Pep is there for them to make that last step (which they'll never make because his City will end up like his Bayern in CL semi finals).
To be fair, I think this city side might be weaker than his Bayern side in terms of passing around the ball (tiki-taka), but what he seem to have developed with City is lightening counter-attacks which might become povital in the CL imo.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

They hammered Bayern 3-0, a very impressive win, I don't see them as paper tigers even if the french league is a farmers league

RedNed77

You mean he makes you pour the fluid of life from your head with the rush of passion he inspires on you? Magnificent!
:lol::lol::lol:. The endless stream of poorly constructed similes just makes me die a little inside with each one. Fecking awful. Why can’t I watch football with no sound on?

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Vermaelen is done, exactly the day Umtiti is back from his injury. It's like someone made a blood sacrifice to make him last this long or something, and now his time is up

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Depor is one of those teams who've managed to stay up because there were 3 teams even worse than them for the past 2-3 years honestly

Spain's version of Hamburg or Genoa or Swansea
I still fancy them to stay up as Levante aren't that great and don't seem to have won for ages either.

As has been said Lucas Perez, Adrian and Andone isn't a terrible option of strikers for a relegation team. I fancy them to make the difference in the relegation six pointers.

Shame the money has run out at Depor, loved the teams they had in the late 90s/early 00s.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Real-Celta is mental :lol:

Neither team even a little bit interested in defending or controlling the game :lol:
Been disappointed in La Real this season.

Started the season pretty well and I thought they could challenge for top 4 but hardly won a game in months now. Couldn't beat Malaga or Las Palmas at home which is saying a lot.

Eusebio must be close to the sack as they're only a bit above the position when Moyes got potted.

They've still got the baulk of the squad that has served them well over last 18 months.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Messi scores too, 0-2 for Barcelona.

Shades of the Guardiola era, when teams would press us in the first half, and then be tired and get destroyed in the second.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Either he misses every shot, or he grazes a ball and it's a goal, Suarez streaks are so weird

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
He had to score two today, it's his "war"

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
This is why players have to fall down to get a penalty. That was a clear penalty, not given because Messi didn't throw himself on the ground.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Barca are on 54 points out of a possible 60.
Some people actually thought that Man City are better than Barca. Messi himself is better than two of their attackers combined.

Barcelona are a very good match for Man City; very efficient counter attacking team; aggressive pressing and press resistant.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Damn, Leo is the reason I have to watch every Barcelona game no matter against who, any day could be the one he turns up and gives us what for other players would be a career best performance.