La Liga 2017/18

Inter Yer Nan

I would play Isco,Thiago, Saúl and Busquets,although because of the hierarchy Silva and Iniesta could be in the line up.
Silva has very good moments but parts of the season where he is very bad,so we'll see.
Iniesta without many games in the legs could be great.
I have doubts about Busquets,I think that has lost a bit but we don't have a better option.
I wonder how will be the year of Ceballos and Aleñá.
I heard that Theo wants to play for Spain.He would be my second choice(or even first) for the line-up.
It's sad with Iniesta as I love him as a player but feel he's nailed on to play in the World Cup and could be detrimental to the chances of the team. I'd hate for him to be a scapegoat but seems the national team likes to reward past greats these days (World Cup 2014 selections). If only there was an Aragones in charge who gives no shits for sentiments then Spain would be my favorites for glory again.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I just realized Vela is going to play in MLS in some team it apparently doesn't exist yet(?), but will remain in Real Sociedad until the end of the year. Pretty weird move as I think he was good enough to move to a better positioned team in either Spain or other top league and now I understand why they (Real Sociedad) would also refuse to sell another starter in Iñigo Martínez.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I just realized Vela is going to play in MLS in some team it apparently doesn't exist yet(?), but will remain in Real Sociedad until the end of the year. Pretty weird move as I think he was good enough to move to a better positioned team in either Spain or other top league and now I understand why they (Real Sociedad) would also refuse to sell another starter in Iñigo Martínez.
He wants probably to get close to Mexico.

Inter Yer Nan

Yeah, he's the first player to ever sign for LA FC. He's just coming here to party, be closer to family and the national team.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, he's the first player to ever sign for LA FC. He's just coming here to party, be closer to family and the national team.
It's a shame as I rated him more than the Dos Santos brothers and would have liked him to return to premier league even if it wasn't for Arsenal.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
It's a shame as I rated him more than the Dos Santos brothers and would have liked him to return to premier league even if it wasn't for Arsenal.
Yeah, I think he's good enough for sure. He would be useful for Arsenal or Spurs IMO.
A guy that doesn't like/love the sport probably won't cut it at CL level, its a shame, but he just works for football, he may not put the extra effort beyond his talent and that makes him lose the edge at top level

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/l...tbol-nunca-me-ha-apasionado-tanto-carlos-vela

“Te voy a ser sincero, la verdad a mí el futbol nunca me ha apasionado tanto como para decir ‘soy del Madrid o de equis equipo y voy a muerte’. Claro que prefiero el Madrid pero si no gana no me afecta en lo más mínimo”, aceptó. “Yo disfruto jugando pero al momento que termina el partido, acabó el futbol y me puedes hablar de lo que sea menos de futbol porque no me siento cómodo y no estoy a gusto”

"I'm gonna be honest, the truth is I've never been passionate enough about football to say 'I'm a Madrid/X team supporter and I'd die for them'. I like (Real) Madrid, but if they don't win it doesn't bother me at all" he said. "I do enjoy playing, but the moment the game ends, football is done for me, and you can talk to me about anything except football because I don't like it, makes me uncomfortable"

Also, it doesn't help that he didn't like London either

En ese sentido, mencionó que gran parte de su disfrute con la Real Sociedad se debe a lo contrastante que fue respecto a su vida en Londres, cuando jugaba para el Arsenal y todos sus complejos parecieron salir a flote. “En general nunca me adapté a la vida en Londres, al futbol inglés, no era feliz, no disfrutaba mi día a día y te viene a la cabeza todo: de decir ‘igual soy muy malo, no merezco estar aquí, o estos son mucho mejores que tú’

In that regard, a big reason of why he enjoys playing with Real Sociedad is due to the contrast of what his life in London was, when he played for Arsenal and all his complexes surfaced. "In general, I never adapted to the London life, the English football, I wasn't happy, I didn't enjoy the day to day and everything starts getting into your mind: like saying 'maybe I'm too bad, I don't deserve being here, or these guys are way better than me"

He's a pretty down to earth guy, part of the reason he even grew to dislike football even more was that people knew and bothered him on his private life and he doesn't like that at all. He's a bad cocktail for a team like Arsenal, it attracts undesired fame, he's not in the same level of motivation as a guy like Alexis who loves football, so maybe Vela has the same amount of talent, but he will feel inferior to him because Alexis has the drive to be better than anyone in the sport he likes. Vela seems like a good guy, he knows his limitations in the job and at least found a way to play the sport and earn a nice living balancing everything, he didn't try to scam anyone by trying to come back to Arsenal or other top tier teams just to earn a big payday and then underperform.

Personally, I wish him all the best in his MLS adventure, hope he's even happier there

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
A guy that doesn't like/love the sport probably won't cut it at CL level, its a shame, but he just works for football, he may not put the extra effort beyond his talent and that makes him lose the edge at top level

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/l...tbol-nunca-me-ha-apasionado-tanto-carlos-vela

“Te voy a ser sincero, la verdad a mí el futbol nunca me ha apasionado tanto como para decir ‘soy del Madrid o de equis equipo y voy a muerte’. Claro que prefiero el Madrid pero si no gana no me afecta en lo más mínimo”, aceptó. “Yo disfruto jugando pero al momento que termina el partido, acabó el futbol y me puedes hablar de lo que sea menos de futbol porque no me siento cómodo y no estoy a gusto”

"I'm gonna be honest, the truth is I've never been passionate enough about football to say 'I'm a Madrid/X team supporter and I'd die for them'. I like (Real) Madrid, but if they don't win it doesn't bother me at all" he said. "I do enjoy playing, but the moment the game ends, football is done for me, and you can talk to me about anything except football because I don't like it, makes me uncomfortable"

Also, it doesn't help that he didn't like London either

En ese sentido, mencionó que gran parte de su disfrute con la Real Sociedad se debe a lo contrastante que fue respecto a su vida en Londres, cuando jugaba para el Arsenal y todos sus complejos parecieron salir a flote. “En general nunca me adapté a la vida en Londres, al futbol inglés, no era feliz, no disfrutaba mi día a día y te viene a la cabeza todo: de decir ‘igual soy muy malo, no merezco estar aquí, o estos son mucho mejores que tú’

In that regard, a big reason of why he enjoys playing with Real Sociedad is due to the contrast of what his life in London was, when he played for Arsenal and all his complexes surfaced. "In general, I never adapted to the London life, the English football, I wasn't happy, I didn't enjoy the day to day and everything starts getting into your mind: like saying 'maybe I'm too bad, I don't deserve being here, or these guys are way better than me"

He's a pretty down to earth guy, part of the reason he even grew to dislike football even more was that people knew and bothered him on his private life and he doesn't like that at all. He's a bad cocktail for a team like Arsenal, it attracts undesired fame, he's not in the same level of motivation as a guy like Alexis who loves football, so maybe Vela has the same amount of talent, but he will feel inferior to him because Alexis has the drive to be better than anyone in the sport he likes. Vela seems like a good guy, he knows his limitations in the job and at least found a way to play the sport and earn a nice living balancing everything, he didn't try to scam anyone by trying to come back to Arsenal or other top tier teams just to earn a big payday and then underperform.

Personally, I wish him all the best in his MLS adventure, hope he's even happier there
Well, I think he's just being too honest but it's not like he doesn't like football or at least at the time those quotes came I understand it as him not being too invested in football in his free time or that he wasn't a die hard fan. Like you said he didn't try to scam anyone and he seems to sulk a lot if things aren't going the right way in his personal life but despite all this I think he could be useful for let's say Atlético or Arsenal and if he wanted to play in Barcelona or Real Madrid I think he would make of a great substitute to rotate with.

He didn't adapt to lifestyle in London but he moved there at 17 and comes from Cancún (from the beach and hot weather basically, pretty similar to Anoeta which is another great city) and was loaned plenty of times but when he got some minutes I thought he did very good and think he deserved more opportunities there, but now he's more matured and since settling in Real Sociedad and having a kid I'd say he's got a more professional attitude.

I read something about hi saying having lots of offer of plenty of teams but I know only about Olympique Lyonn being interested in him, so maybe he didn't thought of moving to French league as a big improvement but I would liked him to at least stay in Spain or go to mid tier team in England, as I don't think he would have been expensive (although he must have been in good wages as he was the best paid in Real Sociedad).

Don't think I'm gonna follow MLS anytime soon so it will be missed him, he was fantastic on the ball and could play every position upfront and most importantly he always gave Atlético de Madrid and Barcelona a good run for their money, so I hope he can at least make them drop points again in his last months there.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seems like he got wasted there, in Chris Brown concert lmao, at least Eusebio got to manage him pretty well after that season in order to keep him concentrated afterwards, so I think Vela definitely needed to stay in Europe and play for a team with manager like Simeone, Mourinho in order to keep him disciplined.
Dunno man, he strikes me as mexican balotelli, i.e. doesn't much care to be a professional footballer, only does it 'cause it's convenient

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
unno man, he strikes me as mexican balotelli, i.e. doesn't much care to be a professional footballer, only does it 'cause it's convenient
I think he's better than that, he said he doesn't watch soccer in his free time and prefers to watch basketball and do other things but there are plenty of players that are like that but they just won't express it like the way he did. You can see plenty of them in parties, concerts, with flashy cars and all type of stuff and in that regard he doesn't have the hunger or drive as someone like Ronaldo but I think people has been given too much stick. That being said after being embraced by people in San Sebastian he has done well for the club and he gets very passionate when playing important matches like against Athletic de Bilbao. I would compare him more like someone like Benzema who usually struggles at the beginning of the season but gets progressively good as he accumulates minutes and game rhythm, who has a lot of talent and might seem apathetic when things aren't going his way.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Well, I think he's just being too honest but it's not like he doesn't like football or at least at the time those quotes came I understand it as him not being too invested in football in his free time or that he wasn't a die hard fan. Like you said he didn't try to scam anyone and he seems to sulk a lot if things aren't going the right way in his personal life but despite all this I think he could be useful for let's say Atlético or Arsenal and if he wanted to play in Barcelona or Real Madrid I think he would make of a great substitute to rotate with.

He didn't adapt to lifestyle in London but he moved there at 17 and comes from Cancún (from the beach and hot weather basically, pretty similar to Anoeta which is another great city)
and was loaned plenty of times but when he got some minutes I thought he did very good and think he deserved more opportunities there, but now he's more matured and since settling in Real Sociedad and having a kid I'd say he's got a more professional attitude.
San Sebastian is closer to London than to Cancun, the only big difference is that it has a beach that you can look at, but not enjoy a lot of days a year :lol:

(Yeah guys, San Sebastian has more rainy days than London)

It's a lifestyle thing, not only climate, guess that's why he picked Los Angeles, he'll live in a great city, earning good money but not too many people will bother him there compared to London or even San Sebastian. If he wanted to play at elite level while having Cancun-like weather he would've moved to Sevilla, Malaga or even Valencia years ago. Even Roma or Napoli would be great destinations, god, I don't know where I'd live if I was someone like Vela :drool:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Portuguese media are reporting Sevilla is about to make a deal to sign Zeegelaar for 3 million euros. Surprisingly it's Sevilla who's paying the money to get him and not Sporting paying for him to go away

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Portuguese media are reporting Sevilla is about to make a deal to sign Zeegelaar for 3 million euros. Surprisingly it's Sevilla who's paying the money to get him and not Sporting paying for him to go away
Is he any good?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Is he any good?
I'd rather have a cone as a left back. He's shit and he might be the only player I've ever seen that I'll celebrate him leaving my club. In fact, I'll make sure to remember the date and celebrate the anniversaries of him leaving the club. If I had to look at his bewildered face one more time after we conceded yet another goal because he made a stupid mistake, I'd give up on football.

The only thing football related he's any good at must be choosing his agent because I have no idea how he's about to sign for Sevilla for 3 million euros.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'd rather have a cone as a left back. He's shit and he might be the only player I've ever seen that I'll celebrate him leaving my club. In fact, I'll make sure to remember the date and celebrate the anniversaries of him leaving the club. If I had to look at his bewildered face one more time after we conceded yet another goal because he made a stupid mistake, I'd give up on football.

The only thing football related he's any good at must be choosing his agent because I have no idea how he's about to sign for Sevilla for 3 million euros.
That's brutal. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fun fact: he was actually really good against us in Lisbon. Guess that was the only time he was good :lol:

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC

Sounds promising :(

Aboutreika18

:lol: I never get tired of reading the Zeegalaar hate on here from you or @Sly.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

:lol:

Culero

Sounds like the relationship I have with Andre Gomes. As a Portuguese football fan is there any redeeming quality he has? Some players have one facet or skill set they excel at but may be poor in others, some excel in most and some have elite level ability. Having watched Andre all of last season there is not one thing I see that makes me patient or convinced with him. Useless son of a bitch.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

3 mil is basically saying "Get the feck out" :D

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

Sounds like the real deal! If he played on the right I could picture Barcelona all over him. :drool:

:lol:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Fun fact: he was actually really good against us in Lisbon. Guess that was the only time he was good :lol:
One of the only times. That's not that impressive though considering last year Bruno Cheddar also played great and even scored at the Bernabeu

:lol: I never get tired of reading the Zeegalaar hate on here from you or @Sly.
We've just gone ahead and signed Piccini to play on the other side and after today's performance you don't have to worry because the hate texts will continue for sure

Sounds like the relationship I have with Andre Gomes. As a Portuguese football fan is there any redeeming quality he has? Some players have one facet or skill set they excel at but may be poor in others, some excel in most and some have elite level ability. Having watched Andre all of last season there is not one thing I see that makes me patient or convinced with him. Useless son of a bitch.
Well I've been called an André Gomes fanboy here before so you've asked the right guy :lol:

To be honest, I don't think he'll ever be good enough to start for Barça. He's a good option to have on the bench, he's good in possession and can play all positions in midfield. You're not lacking in options though since you signed Paulinho and with Semedo coming in Sergi Roberto will probably play in midfield so if I had to guess I'd say Andre Gomes will most likely be gone next summer. I tend to defend him just because I think he fits very well tactically in the current portuguese team and he regularly gets heavily criticized in Portugal

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Christ, Monchi left and they're already buying crap? Why the hell Sevilla bought one of the worst left backs i ever saw at Sporting? Perhaps they watched him away to Real Madrid, which incredibly was one of the few matches he was decent. Sevilla fans, he is no Carriço, forget about it.

PedroMendez

Acolyte

You celebrated too early. Something went wrong with his agent or at the medical. Not sure. You will keep him :lol:
Next target is a guy from Bologna. Adam masina.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So, for those in the UK, La Liga kicks off tonight at 19:15 with Leganes vs Alaves. Leganes were a team I took a real liking to last year and they have one of my favourite players in Gabriel Pires. I'm hoping for a great season from him!

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
So, for those in the UK, La Liga kicks off tonight at 19:15 with Leganes vs Alaves. Leganes were a team I took a real liking to last year and they have one of my favourite players in Gabriel Pires. I'm hoping for a great season from him!
Valencia with Marcelino should also be interesting to watch.

Inter Yer Nan

Valencia with Marcelino should also be interesting to watch.
I just hope he's given time because with a full season and another transfer window behind him he could get them back into the champions league. This season it will be hard to get ahead of Sevilla, Sociedad, Villarreal and Bilbao still I think. 7th or 8th and some good showings against the big three would represent a good season IMO.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I just hope he's given time because with a full season and another transfer window behind him he could get them back into the champions league. This season it will be hard to get ahead of Sevilla, Sociedad, Villarreal and Bilbao still I think. 7th or 8th and some good showings against the big three would represent a good season IMO.
Yeah, think so. Should try to do well in the Copa del Rey.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Real and Barca's squads cost more than the other 18 combined. And they haven't even been spending big lately.

http://www.marca.com/en/

Pretty pathetic really. Can't think of another sports league that is so lop sided financially.

Inter Yer Nan

Real and Barca's squads cost more than the other 18 combined. And they haven't even been spending big lately.

http://www.marca.com/en/

Pretty pathetic really. Can't think of another sports league that is so lop sided financially.
Such a lopsided TV deal it's no wonder. Barca and Real are global superpowers with tons of revenue and the TV deal still bent over backwards to try and make it even easier for them and more difficult for the other clubs.