g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga 2017/18

MikeSmalling

That ball from Marcelo :drool:
Marcelo and Carvajal add so much dynamism when attacking for Real. Not that they aren't better in other areas on the field, as well, but when I look at Real in comparison with United that stands out as our biggest weakness, as Blind/Darmian/Valencia more or less just take up space on the wing in the opponent's half on most occasions.

Eddy_JukeZ

Didn't warrant a 2nd yellow imo, but Ramos should have been off in the 1st half either way.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Seems like the refs have finally decided to penalize Ramos' usual elbowing of players. Better late than never I guess...

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Tbf that wasn't a red. Should've been off earlier anyway but not surprised he's annoyed at that red.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Ref was a bit shit. Should have sent Shar and Ramos off earlier, only carded Ramos. Sends Ramos off in the end for nothing.

Depor were not nice to watch. Too much focus on being dirty rather than to play football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
FFS this game :lol:

Played like sh*t, depor defended well, we still scored 3, didn't concede despite carvajal trying his hardest to let them score, Ramos doesn't get sent off for putting his hands on depor player's face, gets sent off for NOT EVEN A FOUL....

We played with all the intensity and concentration of an exhibition game, good thing depor is andone and 10 others and andone runs so much when he gets in front of the keeper he doesn't even remember his name...

Bah, only marcelo and keylor were good today for us. Kroos, Casemiro and Modeic decent, the rest below par

Red Stone

Ramos loves his red cards. He's like a manic collector of the things.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seems like the refs have finally decided to penalize Ramos' usual elbowing of players. Better late than never I guess...
Are you kidding? Did you even see the play? Depor player jumped into ramos ffs

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Marcelo and Carvajal add so much dynamism when attacking for Real. Not that they aren't better in other areas on the field, as well, but when I look at Real in comparison with United that stands out as our biggest weakness, as Blind/Darmian/Valencia more or less just take up space on the wing in the opponent's half on most occasions.
Carvajal hasn't hit his best form in a while but Marcelo is just such a phenomenal player. He's just so consistent aswell. I think I'd even put him above Roberto Carlos.

RedStarUnited

Carvajal hasn't hit his best form in a while but Marcelo is just such a phenomenal player. He's just so consistent aswell. I think I'd even put him above Roberto Carlos.
My other Madrid supporting friend constantly tells me the same thing, Marcelo is better than Roberto Carlos was for Madrid.

Watching Barca today was sad. Their front three have really been hiding the fact that the team has been getting worse every year since Pep left. The Neymar transfer could not have happened at a worse time for this team.

Madrid on the other hand are purring. They are playing with supreme confidence now too.

Eddy_JukeZ

I was going to make a thread on this. Was curious to see people's thoughts, but I also believe Marcelo has surpassed Roberto Carlos.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Recency bias at work here. I'll give you that it's become close over the last 3 seasons, but not yet imho

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: Not a foul. Clear foul and yellow. Should've been off since the first half, he was lucky he stayed that much on the field.
I dunno what game you watched(first half?) I'm also pretty sure you don't understand the rules of football

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
:lol: Not a foul. Clear foul and yellow. Should've been off since the first half, he was lucky he stayed that much on the field.
What... How is that a foul? He jumped to the ball and the Depor player jumped into him. Unless you want him to jump with his arms stuck to his body I have no idea how you can think that's a foul.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
I dunno what game you watched(first half?) I'm also pretty sure you don't understand the rules of football
Ramos has a history of jumping for the ball and touching players on the face with his elbows. That's a yellow card. The ref saw it and gave him the yellow. Pretty fair. I've heard from this forum and from other forums that he should have seen red earlier in the game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ramos has a history of jumping for the ball and touching players on the face with his elbows. That's a yellow card. The ref saw it and gave him the yellow. Pretty fair. I've heard from this forum and from other forums that he should have seen red earlier in the game.
So you didn't watch the game then. Ok.

Yes Ramos should have seen red earlier, in the second half. The red he got wasn't a foul, though, period.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
So you didn't watch the game then. Ok.

Yes Ramos should have seen red earlier, in the second half. The red he got wasn't a foul, though, period.
Second half, first half, doesn't make a difference. The point is Ramos gets away with a lot of red card offenses. This time he got away with one, but not the second.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Second half, first half, doesn't make a difference. The point is Ramos gets away with a lot of red card offenses. This time he got away with one, but not the second.
The second wasn't a foul. Ref probably saw the chance to compensate and took it

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
The second wasn't a foul. Ref probably saw the chance to compensate and took it
Let's agree to disagree. It's a foul and a yellow card, albeit a softer one for me. Saw them given a lot of times. He wins the header because he puts his arm on the face of the opponent first. If you watch carefully, first he touches the other player and only after that he wins the ball.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Let's agree to disagree. It's a foul and a yellow card, albeit a softer one for me. Saw them given a lot of times. He wins the header because he puts his arm on the face of the opponent first. If you watch carefully, first he touches the other player and only after that he wins the ball.
He jumps alone. Straight up. Elbow isn't high, movement is natural. Depor player comes in late, jumps into ramos, ends up smashing his stupid face into ramos elbow because he's late and jumping into ramos. It's never ever in a million years a foul. If you jump for the ball late and end up smashing your face against your opponents elbow, below his shoulder and leaning against his body, it's your own dumb ass fault, period.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
He jumps alone. Straight up. Elbow isn't high, movement is natural. Depor player comes in late, jumps into ramos, ends up smashing his stupid face into ramos elbow because he's late and jumping into ramos. It's never ever in a million years a foul. If you jump for the ball late and end up smashing your face against your opponents elbow, below his shoulder and leaning against his body, it's your own dumb ass fault, period.
He jumps alone, but then sees the jump from the Deportivo player, and puts his arms on his face to stop him from challenging the ball. If Ramos doesn't do that, the Deportivo player can very well win the duel. It's not a late jump from the Deportivo player. The ball is not even touched by Ramos until he takes care of the Deportivo player.

If Ramos doesn't put his elbow on the face of his opponent nobody complains about it and is a normal contact that happens 10 times every game. As he did, it's a foul for me, and according to the rules, it's a bookable offence too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He jumps alone, but then sees the jump from the Deportivo player, and puts his arms on his face to stop him from challenging the ball. If Ramos doesn't do that, the Deportivo player can very well win the duel. It's not a late jump from the Deportivo player. The ball is not even touched by Ramos until he takes care of the Deportivo player.

If Ramos doesn't put his elbow on the face of his opponent nobody complains about it and is a normal contact that happens 10 times every game. As he did, it's a foul for me, and according to the rules, it's a bookable offence too.
Allright, just admit you didn't actually see the play in question and are just talking out of your arse here

Done

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Yeah, Ramos never takes his eyes off the ball, his arms are in a completely natural position and are in fact going back towards his sides as he completes his jump. Valle then jumps underneath and towards him and literally lifts Ramos' arm back up with his shoulder before going down like a ton of bricks. Absolutely no foul. Serghei's either pulling your plonker to get a response or is such a myopic Barca fan that his brain's fried.

themoyesboy

It's a wonder Real and Barca ever win when you consider how often they are on the wrong end of diabolical refereeing decisions. That Ramos red card is a bigger scandal than watergate. As for the Depor penalty, shocking.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's a wonder Real and Barca ever win when you consider how often they are on the wrong end of diabolical refereeing decisions. That Ramos red card is a bigger scandal than watergate. As for the Depor penalty, shocking.
I know right? white text

On a more serious note, la liga is the one league where VAR can't be introduced soon enough, even with all its problems. Just the first week and already a plethora of unbelievable mistakes. Sevilla's ghost goal, Getafe's ghost goal, Real's penalty that was outside the box, Athletic's denied a stonewall penalty, Ramos not being sent off for putting his hand on an oppo's face, ramos getting sent off for a non-foul...and that's just the big ones.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The second goal came after a sequence of 44 passes, the longest in la liga from 2005-06. Deportivo helped a lot. There is talent but also the fear that caused the tiki taka.

I was in Riazor today. The result was expected. The difference in level is overwhelming. Deportivo need to bring Lucas Pérez. Andone puts a lot of will but it takes more than that, and Adrián is very burned after so many teams.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

I was in Riazor today. The result was expected. The difference in level is overwhelming. Deportivo need to bring Lucas Pérez. Andone puts a lot of will but it takes more than that, and Adrián is very burned after so many teams.
Our midfield. :drool::drool::drool:

Nice picture by the way, you had a great view there of the whole stadium.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Villareal 0-0 at HT.
Quite a big surprise Levante win it in the end.

Last edited: