Leroy Sane watch | Feb 2020: Returning to fitness with City's U23s

Aloysius's Back 3

Whilst he is on the bench - i would just try to talk to his agent and convince him to consider moving to United.

It would be a good way of disrupting a squad made up of world class squad players.

redNATION

Whilst he is on the bench - i would just try to talk to his agent and convince him to consider moving to United.

It would be a good way of disrupting a squad made up of world class squad players.
No need to disrupt, we can get if we really want. City cant hold on to players if the likes of Utd, Real or Barca are in for them, why would anyone want to play for a small time club?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Good luck getting City to discuss a fee with us. He can agree as many contracts as he likes.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
No need to disrupt, we can get if we really want. City cant hold on to players if the likes of Utd, Real or Barca are in for them, why would anyone want to play for a small time club?
One of those is not like the others.

Aloysius's Back 3

Good luck getting City to discuss a fee with us. He can agree as many contracts as he likes.
I just find us too much of a nice club sometimes - even though clubs below us would definitely think of the opposite.

The way the likes of Tevez left us for City, the way Rooney was teased to going tp City - I feel like it's about time we do the same; just for the sake of doing it.

Some of these players feeling uneasy did cause us problems through a season - a move like this at least causes City some unnecessary troubles off the pitch & best case scenario - Sane might actually consider it.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Was always surprised that Guardiola didn't play with inverted wingers at City. Now Sane is up against Silva and Mahrez I guess. For Germany's youth teams and Schalke he was pretty good on the right.

I guess in the longterm Bernardo will take over David Silvas spot and Sane will push out Mahrez. But this season could be hard for him. If he doesn't even play although he had the full preseason in contrast to his competitors, that's a bad sign.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Don't understand why he's become a bench player after the great season he had last time. Maybe it's part of squad rotation, Sterling is on the bench as well.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Don't understand why he's become a bench player after the great season he had last time. Maybe it's part of squad rotation, Sterling is on the bench as well.
They've just got so many quality players, someone is always going to miss out. KDB, Sterling and Mahrez aren't playing either, Bernando and Gundogan didn't play much last season. Their squad is frightening.

Walters_19_MuFc

They're playing a diamond today, so no room for wingers.

Last week, they played Sterling and Mahrez. Could have easily have started Sane, but he was quite poor in the Community Shield.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
It's the second game of the season, he's going to play plenty of football this season

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
Yeah City have always had issues keeping players, just look at how quickly Kompany, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero left.

devil in me

He didn't start the first few games last season and the same comments were made then. He will be an integral part of their side this season again, no doubt.

Ludens the Red

Fecking Pep, holding back young talent, rotating Sane, how dare he? Playing old man David Silva when he's got Sane in the ranks. You can only get the best out of Sane if you play him every week up front in his correct position. I think under a different manager he'd play every week. He's regressed this year and I think he might need to leave. Hopefully Jamie Redknapp, Frank De Boer, and other knowledgeable pundits echo these thoughts and air their views so Sane can see the light.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
twitter a twittering that he's not injured and apparently dropped from the squad tomorrow

Aloysius's Back 3

twitter a twittering that he's not injured and apparently dropped from the squad tomorrow
I hate being goody two shoes in the transfer market.

The amount of times City would either speek to our players or tip the media about our players when they wanted a new contract pissed me off. I want us to do the same.

If sane wants to leave - try tempt the guy whether we want him or not.

haram

There was a game where Sane, Sterling and Mahrez were all on the bench. City have many options, it shouldn’t be suprising.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Classical. Reminds me of when we bought Sanchez to replace an on fire Martial last January. Unfortunately Mahrez is definitely going to be better than Sanchez

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I honestly don't get where these attitude issues come from. He was on fire for them last season, what happened over the summer?