Leroy Sane watch | Feb 2020: Returning to fitness with City's U23s

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Not sarcasm at all. People won't like to hear it but imo football is rife with prejudices. And I include coaches, players, pundits, fans etc.
I don't say you are wrong. I just don't think it holds up in this particular case. Pep dropped Sane for Mendy and Sterling, two black players.

Low did drop Sane for Brandt, but continued to play Ozil and Gundogan while all the racists/right wingers in Germany were furious and wanted them out of the national team.

OL29

I don't say you are wrong. I just don't think it holds up in this particular case. Pep dropped Sane for Mendy and Sterling, two black players.

Low did drop Sane for Brandt, but continued to play Ozil and Gundogan while all the racists/right wingers in Germany were furious and wanted them out of the national team.
Oh I'm not referring to Pep, I'm referring to the impression the wider footballing community seem to hold of young footballers. See Dean Saunders' rant on Lacazette the other day about flash cars etc. It's rife.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Not a very good example since the person in question, Kroos, has also commented about Ozil as well...

Last edited:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Not a very good example since the person in question, Kroos, has also commented about Ozil and well...
Kroos does not decide if Sane gets dropped or not. That is up to Pep and Low and the racism accusation against those two does not hold up (unless you believe in Yaya Toure's rants).

I agree that the other NT players look bad, Kroos/Muller/Neuer should have shut up.

Cassidy

Kroos does not decide if Sane gets dropped or not. That is up to Pep and Low and the racism accusation against those two does not hold up (unless you believe in Yaya Toure's rants).

I agree that the other NT players look bad, Kroos/Muller/Neuer should have shut up.
No one accused anyone of being racist for Sane being dropped.
Kroos does decide how he comments about certain players.

BTW I didn't call him racist, my point was that the discussion had nothing to do with the coaches decisions and everything to do with the comments of Kroos, hence mentioning the Ozil situation wasn't helping your case at all

Last edited:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
No one accused anyone of being racist for Sane being dropped.
Kroos does decide how he comments about certain players.

BTW I didn't call him racist, my point was that the discussion had nothing to do with the coaches decisions and everything to do with the comments of Kroos, hence mentioning the Ozil situation wasn't helping your case at all
I think we don't disagree on anything here.

I was just on about those people who accused Low of racism because he dropped Sane, in their quest to defend their favorite hipster flavor of the month and seek for blame elsewhere. The outrage was huge and there were more than a few comments in that ilk.

Cassidy

I think we don't disagree on anything here.

I was just on about those people who accused Low of racism because he dropped Sane, in their quest to defend their favorite hipster flavor of the month and seek for blame elsewhere. The outrage was huge and there were more than a few comments in that ilk.
Ah, fair enough

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He looked dangerous and in need of more game time in the less than 10 minutes our glorious manager gave him.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Left the Germany squad for "personal reasons following discussions with Joachim Low" according to Sky Sports.
Sky Sports make it sound bad.

His girlfriend is pregnant and awaits the birth of his child.

Sky Sports said discussion which sounds like some sort of dispute. In German it was "Rücksprache", which means in consultation with...

Kostur

海尔的老板
Another young black player accused of having an attitude problem. Shock.
Yeah, nothing to suggest he could be a thick cnut and generally speaking have problems with himself like tattooing himself on his back after scoring a meaningless goal in the CL, definitely a racist agenda against him.

Okey

Good to get some clarity here. I was starting to wonder what on earth is going on. The lad is too talented to be having these issues. I feel like saying shame to the media for reporting it the way they are, but to be fair, that was the wording of David Silva's absences last season till the true situation became known. I hope Sane can get back to maximising his potential on the pitch soon (yeah pity where he plays...)

OL29

Yeah, nothing to suggest he could be a thick cnut and generally speaking have problems with himself like tattooing himself on his back after scoring a meaningless goal in the CL, definitely a racist agenda against him.
In isolation you may have a point but I'm seeing a clear pattern. Like I said earlier, take a look at Dean Saunders' rant about Lacazette and fast cars the other week and then come back to me.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still can't believe he got a back tattoo of himself celebrating a goal from a match they lost :lol:

I don't think there is a racist agenda against him whatsoever. Plenty of young players are accused of having attitude problems, regardless of race. It's understandable that it might go to his head a bit, he's only a kid still really. Great player though, think he'll have a top career.

Left the Germany camp for personal reasons apparently. Something is definitely going on with him.

Last edited:

OL29

I am glad we had this exchange of ideas.
What I'm saying is nothing new by the way. Black men in particular have long been portrayed in the media as belligerent and arrogant for displaying the same behaviours as white men. The Dean Saunders/ Lacazette incident is a really good case study on this. The number of young black players who get tarred with the 'bad attitude' brush is completely disproportionate and innacurate, and it's the same shit we suffer in real life. So excuse me for speaking my mind on an issue that transcends more than football. Next time I'll speak when spoken to.

The Bloody-Nine

What I'm saying is nothing new by the way. Black men in particular have long been portrayed in the media as belligerent and arrogant for displaying the same behaviours as white men. The Dean Saunders/ Lacazette incident is a really good case study on this. The number of young black players who get tarred with the 'bad attitude' brush is completely disproportionate and innacurate, and it's the same shit we suffer in real life. So excuse me for speaking my mind on an issue that transcends more than football. Next time I'll speak when spoken to.
Must be hard to get around with that huge chip on your shoulder.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I still can't believe he got a back tattoo of himself celebrating a goal from a match they lost :lol:

I don't think there is a racist agenda against him whatsoever. Plenty of young players are accused of having attitude problems, regardless of race. It's understandable that it might go to his head a bit, he's only a kid still really. Great player though, think he'll have a top career.

Left the Germany camp for personal reasons apparently. Something is definitely going on with him.
The guy above just explained, he's having a kid, that's why he left.

Blackwidow

I don't think there is a racist agenda against him whatsoever. Plenty of young players are accused of having attitude problems, regardless of race.
Yes, Kroos was one of them... :D

Full of himself during interviews. Did not track back when he lost the ball etc.

Everything points to him in that story an ex-teammate of Bayern's U23 told in a book - they put rheuma cream into the underwear of a teammate that switched between professionals and U23 and thought that playing for the U23 was "too low for him" now.

Loublaze

ATLien
Another young black player accused of having an attitude problem. Shock.
Read the back story before you deduce the issue in this manner. This brother seems to have some real attitude problems.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
He's had a daughter, maybe thats why his form has been poor in the early part of the season

Kaarel

Amazing how being critical of a black player makes one a racist now.

For us all this stuff about him having a problem and Pep dropping him is good news though. He was amazing for them last season.

ash_86

Looks like he left NT for birth of his daughter. Atleast everything looks okay NT wise

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Looks like he left NT for birth of his daughter. Atleast everything looks okay NT wise

Cue Toni Kroos: Going home for your child's birth just shows a lack of passion for the national team, back in my day I didn't even leave the team to make my children. /s

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Could be. A pregnant wife is quite Hugh maintenance.
Affects different people in different ways.
One thing that I have noticed, though, is that younger and first-time fathers seem to be affected most.
The worst I've seen KDB at City was a spell just after fatherhood when he looked a shadow of himself and some even wanted him dropped.
Sane may recover his form quickly or the stress of having a baby indahouse might keep him off form a bit longer yet.