• Atlanta United

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Borussia Mönchengladbach

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Andy

Bloke
My surrogate foreign club is Wolfsburg, due to a PES6 custom Master LEague team me and my mate played all the time which used their kit.

When I went to watch them a couple of years ago, we also went to watch Union Berlin, and they're also another team I keep an eye on...

D4X73r

I like the idea of Sturm. Now I need to check where I can watch their games. I have a few Sturm fans in my office

I haven't watched the austrian bundesliga much, except the big games (Salzburg vs Rapid)

I can volunteer as a translator if needed

BlueHaze

I pick Kawasaki. The reason being I liked the dolphin and flowers on the crest.

I'm also a fan of sake.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Anyone know where I can get Hiroshima jerseys? One website I found was too expensive. Supposedly $181! feck that!

DOM6284

I'll be supporting Ajax for the next few European games.

Last edited by a moderator:

ch1rt

I used to live in Kawasaki and went to a bunch of Frontale matches. The locals really love the team, ticket prices are reasonable, the football is decently entertaining.
Seeing as they are already my second team I support this choice.

Mcking

Marco Rose will be with Moenchengladbach next season, so I'm going to be watching them play a fair few times. I always wanted him as Mourinho's permanent replacement because I reckon he is a manager that could be as good as Klopp. He is a manager that pays attention to details, has a specific style of play, and you could see that his team is very well-coach. So Moenchengladbach it is.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Marco Rose will be with Moenchengladbach next season, so I'm going to be watching them play a fair few times. I always wanted him as Mourinho's permanent replacement because I reckon he is a manager that could be as good as Klopp. He is a manager that pays attention to details, has a specific style of play, and you could see that his team is very well-coach. So Moenchengladbach it is.
Sounds interesting, added to the poll.

Penycwm

Supports
Newport County
If your after excitement join the roller-coaster ride of Newport County
PS we're in the play-off's too !

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
  1. Parma
    12 vote(s)
    15.8%

2. Sturm Graz
    8 vote(s)
    10.5%

3. RB Leipzig
    10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. *
    Kawasaki Frontale
    13 vote(s)
    17.1%
These are the top 4. I say anyone who voted for others put their votes to these now to decide the one we go with.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Last summer they sacked a bloke on his way to a fourth successive title because his playing style wasn't attractive enough ("the Rosenborg way"). Then they hired a dinosaur.
Jesus, that’s quite a downfall

LARulz

Parma :drool: As a kid I loved watching Italian football, they had the best teams and player.

Fiorentina were another one of my favourites because of Batistuta, Nuno Gomes, Rui Costa etc.

Skills

Snitch
Borussia Mönchengladbach for me. Let's do it for the umlaut

BlueHaze

I've heard a lot of people mentioning him and who knows maybe he'll prove to be a good one indeed but at the minute he's a long long way from even being even remotely close to Klopp.

KennyBurner

I think we can all agree that this current season is looking like it will be the worst of a lot of our lifetimes and the summer looks a bit bleak as well right now. Everyone has their ways of coping, mine has been to completely ignore football for the majority of it but not following football daily is like losing a limb for me, so I was thinking why don't we pick a club to follow next season in a random European league. Somewhere like Romania, Finland, etc...

People can suggest clubs with the reasons why and we'll pick one and follow them for their season. Watch the games, learn the players, etc...
That’s why you have to watch different sports from time to time although football is your number 1. Right now I’m watching the nba playoffs and haven’t been invested in United since the Everton game. If the summer transfers are depressing then The nfl it is when fall arrives.

I really can’t follow another football team without checking on United and I really don’t want to be checking in United given our toxic relationship.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Will be following them as well, big fan of Rose. Watched him with Salzburg 19s a couple years ago and they were excellent. Obviously done a great job with the first team as well. His assistant Maric is pretty key to him in terms of tactical approach though. Worth reading about him if anyone is interested, basically started a blog online about teams that was so in depth that Klopp and Pep got in touch and Salz eventually offered him a job.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Leipzig really do not belong in this list. They are among the best teams in Germany, so way too big.

A problem with German teams in general is that their games will often overlap with United's.

A problem with Japanese teams is also in the schedule. They normally play in time slots that are early Sunday mornings in Europe.

So, let's go for Sturm, pretty please. They are historically committed to playing attacking football and are one of the rare sides that managed to wrestle the title out of Salzburg's grasp. For those who do not know, Salzburg are financially doped and have a bigger budget than all the other Austrian top flight sides combined.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
It can't be PL team, or British at all. I vote for Sturm, they were the best while managed by Bosnian greatest player and manager, Ivica Osim. And its kinda cool to play on Arnold Schwarzenegger stadium.
It is not called that anymore :)

youmeletsfly

Kawasaki Frontale - this shounds like a type of tyre created by Kawasaki, kid you not.

Camilo

Come support the mighty Heart of Midlothian! Great ground, easy to get to, cracking city for a day out..