Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

:lol:

Why have England fans all turned into 1950’s dads who are outrage at Elvis records.
I’m not an England fan.
Not sure where your logic is coming from? Just find it odd a player who ‘loves’ United’s fans would do that? You think that’s fine, say so move on no need to get giddy about it.

IFC 1905

Bit odd seeing a bloke who plays for United and is adored by the fans singing anti English songs.

It might be hard to understand but it's part of our culture. Many times you sing the songs but it's not what you really feel as a person. Don't take it personal.

This one, for example. Lyrics are literally:

I only ask of God
for all the Boca fans to die
May they die forever
For the happiness of the people.

And of course every river plate fan who sings this has Boca fans as friends, relatives, of course they wouldn't wish anything like that to be true.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
I’m not an England fan.
Not sure where your logic is coming from? Just find it odd a player who ‘loves’ United’s fans would do that? You think that’s fine, say so move on no need to get giddy about it.
So why do you care then ? It’s just a bit of fun.

Red_toad

Why? Half our fanbase dislike England. Makes me like him more
Still all very odd. Disliking a country even more so, countries do not do anything, people in Governments do, people have problems with individuals or a collection of them, then blame an entire nation. If Maguire was signing anti Argentine songs there'd be a meltdown on here!

jesperjaap

Why? Half our fanbase dislike England. Makes me like him more

I dont get the disliking ENgland. I mean sure the last 20years plenty of reason to be frustrated and disappointed, but why would you dislike your home country in major tournaments and like someone from a rival ountry for singing songs slating your country, meant or not. Lot of Liverpool fans seem similar, is it a Northern thing as know very few in the South who dislike ENgland

jesperjaap

DOne well whenever he has played in the world cup, that block for me is still one of the highlights, certainl defensively of the tournament.

Will certainly be sorely missed in the first leg at Barcelona. I really think he is potentially the best signing we have made post Ferguson and should definately be considered as a captain for the club. Fans love him, his fellow player sseem to love him, great attitude and determination and despite that determination in his game he appears to be very calm as well....all this on top of the obvious, he does look like a really good defender.

Its great to finally seem to have some top SOuth Americans in our side as despite the talent of the likes of Veron, Anderson and Dimaria, could argue really only Tevez and Heinze have been sucesses, though not fondly remembered by most because of the proposed or actual moves to rival clubs.

Bit Martinez looks great, Casemeiro despite seeing him so much for Madrid is an even better player and more rounded technically than I thought and Garnacho hopefully gets tied to a new contract, especially with contract situation of Rashford and the off field problems of SAncho....and he has been very exciting so far, I thought it would take him a while to show quality as the youth matches I saw, the consistency of final product looked way off

Posh Red

DOne well whenever he has played in the world cup, that block for me is still one of the highlights, certainl defensively of the tournament.

Will certainly be sorely missed in the first leg at Barcelona. I really think he is potentially the best signing we have made post Ferguson and should definately be considered as a captain for the club. Fans love him, his fellow player sseem to love him, great attitude and determination and despite that determination in his game he appears to be very calm as well....all this on top of the obvious, he does look like a really good defender.

Its great to finally seem to have some top SOuth Americans in our side as despite the talent of the likes of Veron, Anderson and Dimaria, could argue really only Tevez and Heinze have been sucesses, though not fondly remembered by most because of the proposed or actual moves to rival clubs.

Bit Martinez looks great, Casemeiro despite seeing him so much for Madrid is an even better player and more rounded technically than I thought and Garnacho hopefully gets tied to a new contract, especially with contract situation of Rashford and the off field problems of SAncho....and he has been very exciting so far, I thought it would take him a while to show quality as the youth matches I saw, the consistency of final product looked way off
You forgot Rafa!

Edit; and arguably Valencia

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I dont get the disliking ENgland. I mean sure the last 20years plenty of reason to be frustrated and disappointed, but why would you dislike your home country in major tournaments and like someone from a rival ountry for singing songs slating your country, meant or not. Lot of Liverpool fans seem similar, is it a Northern thing as know very few in the South who dislike ENgland
For Liverpool fans I know the reasons are different. For United there was a toxicity around England fans towards United players in the late 90s and 00s where our players would get booed at Wembley and chants of ‘stand up if you hate Man Utd’.

Then you had the entire media against our players, singling out individuals to the point they were receiving death threats and witch hunts. Millions of people reacting like our players were child killers for nothing incidents on a football field and people feeling justified in their actions, fuelled by the media. Up until Becks 98 I was a massive England supporter, once it got to Ronaldo in 06 (after PNev in 00) I had nothing left for England….I actually cheered when Ronaldo scored the winning penalty as I knew what was coming our way and knew how the club would once again have to protect our player.

You can’t switch it back on, Im totally indifferent to England win or lose.

OmarUnited4ever

For Liverpool fans I know the reasons are different. For United there was a toxicity around England fans towards United players in the late 90s and 00s where our players would get booed at Wembley and chants of ‘stand up if you hate Man Utd’.

Then you had the entire media against our players, singling out individuals to the point they were receiving death threats and witch hunts. Millions of people reacting like our players were child killers for nothing incidents on a football field and people feeling justified in their actions, fuelled by the media. Up until Becks 98 I was a massive England supporter, once it got to Ronaldo in 06 (after PNev in 00) I had nothing left for England….I actually cheered when Ronaldo scored the winning penalty as I knew what was coming our way and knew how the club would once again have to protect our player.

You can’t switch it back on, Im totally indifferent to England win or lose.
What you just described is exactly the reason why United fans sing Argentina, not because of Veron, Heinze, Tevez, and co, but they sing it especially against teams whose fans are ardent supporters of England to wind them up.

WirralRed

Can’t be getting annoyed at him for singing anti England songs, we used to sing about hating Scousers and them needing feeding around Christmas time when Wayne Rooney was leading our line!

Red_toad

Can’t be getting annoyed at him for singing anti England songs, we used to sing about hating Scousers and them needing feeding around Christmas time when Wayne Rooney was leading our line!
The fans are not the players though. Not even playing England, so why the need to sing about them? Bit like England getting to a WCF v Argentina and the players singing about the French for no reason at all.

WirralRed

The fans are not the players though. Not even playing England, so why the need to sing about them? Bit like England getting to a WCF v Argentina and the players singing about the French for no reason at all.
Players are still fans, he would have supported Argentina all his life and now he is in a bubble with the team singing Argentina songs. If you’ve been Old Trafford you know we sing about teams we arn’t playing as well, feed the scoucers comes our solid for end November all of December regardless who play.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Well done to the lad. Fit, relatively rested and champion of the world.

Not a bad trade off for him and United.

Rolaholic

Proper chuffed for him, gonna come back to a WC winning CB pairing :drool:

BorisManUtd

Glad for him, surprised he didnt get on for the final but played a big part before that
Yeah, had a very good WC when he got the chance to play, it's not like he was unused sub. Will be a great welcome back at Old Trafford to him soon.

OmarUnited4ever

It will be awesome to have 2 WC winning CBs starting for us, I was Team France but I'm happy to see Licha get gold medal in this WC, he did well whenever he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.