Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

:lol: :drool:
Absolutely love this. Long time since I have liked United player this way.

And the temperament that he along with Antony and Casemiro brought in the team is the reason we came back yesterday. Without that fresh character in the side we were loosing that game even if we played 3 more hours.

Mr PG

I’m glad Timber turned us down I can’t shudder the thought of Licha in this arsenal team.

90 + 5min

Not just a very good defender but also a silent leader, great technical gifted foot with beautifle passing skills and passion/determination/bravery that is contagious.

He really reminds me as Cannavaro as I think I've mentioned few months ago.

Chief123

I’m glad Timber turned us down I can’t shudder the thought of Licha in this arsenal team.
Agree. A defensive combo of Saliba and Martinez would have been a rock solid combo. Gabriel is the way to get to Arsenal for opponents.

mav_9me

Agree. A defensive combo of Saliba and Martinez would have been a rock solid combo. Gabriel is the way to get to Arsenal for opponents.
Would easily have been the best in the league.

As it stands Saliba contract is expiring in summer.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would easily have been the best in the league.

As it stands Saliba contract is expiring in summer.
Id still take VVD and Konate over that. But it would have been good agreed

mav_9me

Id still take VVD and Konate over that. But it would have been good agreed
Martinez is the best passing CB in the league. VVD dropping a bit basically means he is at a similar level to Saliba. And then you have Konate's injury issues.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Martinez is the best passing CB in the league. VVD dropping a bit basically means he is at a similar level to Saliba. And then you have Konate's injury issues.
VVD is as good a passer by the way and quite onbviously Im not just talking about current form

Blood Mage

He's good but I do worry that he needs Varane next to him to get the best out of him. Still not comfortable with Maguire or Lindelof next to him.

NLunited

In real life maybe but when you refer to someone as a butcher you think hard man, hard tackles, takes no sht. You dont think skilled and clinical. When they call a murderer a butcher they are not referring to his/her excellent surgical knife skills
Thank you for that excellent analysis.

Morpheus 7

He's good but I do worry that he needs Varane next to him to get the best out of him. Still not comfortable with Maguire or Lindelof next to him.
WC is coming up, Varane will be back for boxing day. Only a few games to get through. United should have enough at the back to see us though, hopefully.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's amazing. I don't know why the media aren't gushing over his displays this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I doubt our defence will be rock solid until Varane returns. Those two will make us wonky again. Which is why we need to let one go and sign another CB who is starter material.

poleglass red

The fact the press aren't mentioning him shows how well he has adapted. They were waiting to pounce on him due to all the nonsense they spouted about his height. Bar the City game which as a team we didn't show up, he has excelled against legit top 4 contenders in Liverpool, Spurs and now Chelsea. Great to see.His partnership with Varane is excellent. I fear though with either of them missing, as we will have with Varane, that solidity won't be there as much, hope I'm wrong.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Took the weekend and didn't come up with a single name. He's the best CB in the league :D
At the time, probably although our goals conceded leaves a lot to be desired :lol:

Mostly the fault of the city and Brentford games.

TsuWave

He's amazing. I don't know why the media aren't gushing over his displays this season.
There hasn't been a word spoke about him since Carragher wouldn't stop talking about his height in the first game.
That's why fan created content is robbing them of views, these days.

Keep in mind that this is a Tottenham fan speaking about Martinez:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Our new vidic? Surprised anyone hasn’t compared them really. Both warriors and fighters. Martinez is scared of nobody and nothing.
He’s not really like Vidic. He’s more a hybrid of Rio/Vidic. He’s so much better on the ball than Vidic was and looks more of a reader of the game like Rio than Vidic who relied more on physicality.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
He’s one of our only players who can win a header
:D

Joking aside, height isn't necessarily a key factor at those anyway. In the Dutch national team, Frank de Boer was always absolutely awesome at them (including attacking headers), and he's just 1.80m/5'11".

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
His actual heading technique seems very good (unlike Maguire who wins tonnes of headers but it's a cointoss as to whether they end up going to one of our players or the opposition). He's not going to be winning many headers from corners with a towering leap over the opposition's 6'3" centre half, but there's an aspect of timing your run and luck where a lot of headed chances like that are relatively uncontested.

If Tim Cahill can score as many headers in the PL as he did, there's no reason Martinez can't nick a few as well.

Xaviboy

Is he suspended for next premier league game?

Thought I seen someone say after the yellow card on Saturday he is suspended.

Hope not the chap is brilliant.

criticalanalysis

What’s that Lindelof fanboy called? He needs to watch this
Still can't believe someone tried to tell us after the first several games, where even then it was clear he was a step above, 'Martinez has shown the same passing ability as the other centre backs (Lindelof and Maguire)'.

Based on those first couple of long balls - how about putting him on corners? (If United ever do a long corner again.)
The funny thing is that he's pretty good in the box too. It's not happened lately but he's got on the end of several good chances.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Still can't believe someone tried to tell us after the first several games, where even then it was clear he was a step above, 'Martinez has shown the same passing ability as the other centre backs (Lindelof and Maguire)'.

The funny thing is that he's pretty good in the box too. It's not happened lately but he's got on the end of several good chances.
I was impressed with him in the Brighton game. You could see immediately. Lindelof seems a decent guy but he’s never ever impressed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.